District 9 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Release date: April 8th, 2010
Purchase link: Amazon.de

d9german.jpg

d9back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
For anyone who has watched this version, when the aliens are speaking to one another in their own language, do the English subtitles show up German or English?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. That sounds good in theory, but doesn't that mean that you'd have English subtitles for the entire movie, even when other characters are speaking in English?

Hi Pac, no. In the beginning, choose language : English (you'll have choices of languages). Leave subs to "none". You'll be fine. Though I am 1/2 German, I have 100's of Blu-Rays and never have had an issue. Most if not all movies that are originally made in the USA, or at least have an English language track, will retain that track, even if released in another country. I have the German Steelbook, and watched it in English in Feb when my older brother visited. You'll have no issues. One last note, this disc is region free (you can play it on any BD player around the world), but it's always good to check before buying. Feel free to PM or ask here if you need more info. Good luck! DB