DLP's Future?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
You know, as good a picture as a DLP can produce I think its demise will be over time as less word of mouth recommendations will go out after the current consumers keep replacing those bulbs. They retail round $400, I get mine online for like $180 but it didnt even last me 2 years.

Thoughts?

I should of waited for LED DLP instead of the one I currently have. I hear better things and longer lasting bulbs or whatever they carry. I think the bigger the better :) until LCD drops to 1800 for huge screen like what Zeus is looking at I am stying with DLP of course that's if they keep making them :)

hey guys,
i have the 65 inch mitsubishi 65735 DLP, i like it, i actually ordered the 73835, but BestBuy broke it somewheres in the month it took to get to me, long story really short, wound up with a 65"

i had the Sony 50 inch like bighorns had, it was called a LCD rear projection, the screen wasnt shiny, what was great about it wasnt affected by sunlight.
i gave it to my oldest daughter and her husband, they have had it almost 4 years now

woops, forgot to mention, couple weeks ago Mitsubishi anounced they are releasing a think an 84 inch DLP lol, dont think bestbuy gonna sell it for them since they cant deliver without breaking lol

Last edited:
It's blueangledad!

hey guys,
i have the 65 inch mitsubishi 65735 DLP, i like it, i actually ordered the 73835, but BestBuy broke it somewheres in the month it took to get to me, long story really short, wound up with a 65"

i had the Sony 50 inch like bighorns had, it was called a LCD rear projection, the screen wasnt shiny, what was great about it wasnt affected by sunlight.
i gave it to my oldest daughter and her husband, they have had it almost 4 years now

woops, forgot to mention, couple weeks ago Mitsubishi anounced they are releasing a think an 84 inch DLP lol, dont think bestbuy gonna sell it for them since they cant deliver without breaking lol