Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Considering the fact that The Batman fullslip steelbook cost £34.99 from HMV this seems wildly overpriced.
Plus, it also looks s**t...
HMV The Batman steelbook does not have a 72 page book it's not the same in regards contents comparison
The HMV Batman Steelbook if that had included a 72 page book the price would have been £40 to £50
A 72 page paperback book usually would retail at around £10 to £15 or more on it's own in UK

Also New films Disney UK steelbooks also have higher dealer prices than Warner UK new film steelbook releases which is why disney UK new release steelbooks in general have higher retail prices
The steelbook on it's own is £32.99

In regards similar contents batmam ultimate collector editions releases Batman Begins etc with 16 page booklets from Warner are £39.99 each but those releases are back catalogue releases not new film releases
Those booklets also are only 16 pages not 72

New films have a higher dealer prices than back catalouge re-releases if you was not aware

Last edited:
Reactions: IRON MAN
HMV The Batman steelbook does not have a 72 page book it's not the same in regards contents comparison
The HMV Batman Steelbook if that had included a 72 page book the price would have been £40 to £50
A 72 page paperback book usually would retail at around £10 to £15 or more on it's own in UK

Also New films Disney UK steelbooks also have higher dealer prices than Warner UK new film steelbook releases which is why disney UK new release steelbooks in general have higher retail prices
The steelbook on it's own is £32.99

In regards similar contents batmam ultimate collector editions releases Batman Begins etc with 16 page booklets from Warner are £39.99 each but those releases are back catalogue releases not new film releases
Those booklets also are only 16 pages not 72

New films have a higher dealer prices than back catalouge re-releases if you was not aware
Still overpriced, but that's just my opinion and don't think a 72 page paperback book justifies the high price tag...

Still overpriced, but that's just my opinion and don't think a 72 page paperback book justifies the high price tag...
True, but it's disney and marvel, so I didn't expect anything less. You can use discount codes with zavvi mind you, no regular ones for hmv.

So if you think about it as disney steels cost £3 more than WB, minus a 10-12% discount code, there's only about a £7 gap between the two, which for the book isn't the worst deal going.

Reactions: leelee17
Nope, it's s**t...
I'd have preferred the art from the booklet to be on the slip, and booklet anything else, but whatever. This is a conveyer, with 40 more projects coming within 2 years - so just consume, like a good little Disney slave, and wait eagerly for the next product.

I'd have preferred the art from the booklet to be on the slip, and booklet anything else, but whatever. This is a conveyer, with 40 more projects coming within 2 years - so just consume, like a good little Disney slave, and wait eagerly for the next product.
Why are you calling them a "Disney slave?'.... They said it was sh*t :wacky:

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17
Hey! Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I see people saying you can often use a discount code with Zavvi, but I can never find them!

I have Red Carpet & I've often tried using the discount code on Steelbook pre-orders, but they never work!

What am I missing?

Cheers!

Hey! Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I see people saying you can often use a discount code with Zavvi, but I can never find them!

I have Red Carpet & I've often tried using the discount code on Steelbook pre-orders, but they never work!

What am I missing?

Cheers!
The codes don't usually work for pre orders, they aren't supposed to. Some people have been lucky in that the 10% off code RC10off works the moment it goes live on site. The code does work for in stock Steelbooks so some choose to wait until it's actually released and get money off that way.

Reactions: vexred
The codes don't usually work for pre orders, they aren't supposed to. Some people have been lucky in that the 10% off code RC10off works the moment it goes live on site. The code does work for in stock Steelbooks so some choose to wait until it's actually released and get money off that way.

Ah fair enough, cheers for the info!

Reactions: crib79
Ah fair enough, cheers for the info!

Better news is that you can use code REDDIT to get 12% off in stock steelbooks. So just wait until the release date of July 18th and order when it's in stock and get 12% off. You don't even need a Red Carpet membership but you do have to order it through the Zavvi UK site to use the REDDIT code.

Reactions: vexred
Better news is that you can use code REDDIT to get 12% off in stock steelbooks. So just wait until the release date of July 18th and order when it's in stock and get 12% off. You don't even need a Red Carpet membership but you do have to order it through the Zavvi UK site to use the REDDIT code.
REDDIT code stopped working since Monday this week

It may be back working at some stage but at the moment no longer works

• Informative
Reactions: Chemartin_1