Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
it seems disney let the dices decide...
doctor strange 1: full gloss + embossed
doctor strange 2: matte
f#ck you disney!!!
The first dr strange steel is also matte. The design is the Eye of Agamotto and it was matte

Let's be honest, at some point at least zavvi will pump out some exclusives for these again, like they did with their most recent efforts in Avengers Endgame & Captain Marvel, so I'll probably cancel this one too, due to the low effort in finish. Sure Shang Chi WWA and Black Widow WWAs art choice was a bit controversial, some hated it and some loved it, but at least these had a nice finish and Shang Chi even had a debossed title.
Such a shame they ditched the cheaper 3D option (24.99 vs 4k at 32.99....and from what I recall the 3d sold out first 90% or more of the time...with 4k selling out eventually)

But now it's 4k only, they stay in stock and quality has MASSIVELY reduced.

Makes me want to give up on my MCU collection and just leave it at the Infinity Saga....which is kinda like a steelbook collectors sophies choice....carry on for completion sake only or stop and vote with your wallet on sub-par releases....

Worst part, is the IMAX versions are only on disney+ now(something else the 3d discs retained, skipping IW and EG weirdly then stopping with Black Widow) and I much prefer the full image IMAX versions than the stupid distracting, cropped versions on discs.

Rant over

Worst part, is the IMAX versions are only on disney+ now(something else the 3d discs retained, skipping IW and EG weirdly then stopping with Black Widow) and I much prefer the full image IMAX versions than the stupid distracting, cropped versions on discs.

Infinity War, Endgame, Shang Chi and Multiverse of Madness were all filmed entirely in IMAX, no Disney MCU films that were shot entirely in IMAX have had expanded aspect ratio sequences on 3D discs.

Edit: No telling if the 3D disc of No Way Home will have any IMAX aspect ratio sequences. Far From Home’s didn’t, even though that only had a few IMAX sequences.

You're right...the spidey movies didn't retain Imax on 3d(assumed and personally blamed sony) but both Eternals and Black Widow never kept their IMAX scenes on even 4k (seeing as we lost 3d disc outside Japan) as far as am aware so its not just the beauty's filmed if full IMAX ratio that got no disc release....all 4 of which are very 'fantasical/spacey' and IMO are made for 3D.

Such a shame they stopped the IMAX retention by and then 3d completely (though letterbox 3d is awful)

Still, this is cancelled and I'll reconsider down the line.

Am half considering waiting for the possible 3d revival from the Avatar movies and the inevitable re-release of these movies in 3d (unless Disney WANT us to only have access to full screen on disney+, in which case.. would adding the 3d version be THAT hard? For an extra pound a month just for them to be accessible?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavale
You're right...the spidey movies didn't retain Imax on 3d(assumed and personally blamed sony) but both Eternals and Black Widow never kept their IMAX scenes on even 4k (seeing as we lost 3d disc outside Japan) as far as am aware so its not just the beauty's filmed if full IMAX ratio that got no disc release....all 4 of which are very 'fantasical/spacey' and IMO are made for 3D.

Such a shame they stopped the IMAX retention by and then 3d completely (though letterbox 3d is awful)

Still, this is cancelled and I'll reconsider down the line.

Am half considering waiting for the possible 3d revival from the Avatar movies and the inevitable re-release of these movies in 3d (unless Disney WANT us to only have access to full screen on disney+, in which case.. would adding the 3d version be THAT hard? For an extra pound a month just for them to be accessible?)
i'd be into 3D on disney+ if its compatible with PS VR on PS4 (unlikely. previous generation hardware, twofold? ha.)

on the tiny chance disney is coercing some TV manufacturer(s) to produce 3D-capable 4K TVs for 2023 in advance of Avatar 2 home video/streaming release, i suppose they'd only have to deal with one company, and i wouldn't be surprised if it's sony.

Cheers. Christ that looks sh!t, streaky matte. Love the design, ruined by the finish. Right, importing the bestbuy to stick inside the zavvi slip it is!
Are ya'll sure it's streaky matte, and not just matte streaks prevalent in the art itself, being truthfully recreated... :smuggrin:

It also seems Evil Disney not only holding out on the Imax BD transfer, but it actually has worse colors, than the so called iMax version (just open matte, or regular 1.85/1.90:1).

It's gotten ridiculous, I mean used to be directors and cinematographers chose the aspect ratio fitting to their story, now it's just artificial black bars in reverse, to what used to be 4:3 pan&scan, all so that Evil Disney lures more slaves to their streaming genie lamp.
Why am I buying these at all?

• Wow
Reactions: 3Maters
i'd be into 3D on disney+ if its compatible with PS VR on PS4 (unlikely. previous generation hardware, twofold? ha.)

on the tiny chance disney is coercing some TV manufacturer(s) to produce 3D-capable 4K TVs for 2023 in advance of Avatar 2 home video/streaming release, i suppose they'd only have to deal with one company, and i wouldn't be surprised if it's sony.
At this point I would gladly keep paying a subscription to retain 3D editions of certain movies (the Space themed/fantastical ones benefit from 3d...Black Widow, am fine to never see in 3d)

Such a shame that these pricey and crappy steels are near forcing you to stick with non-physical, IMAX premium versions via streaming only.
They are intentionally trying to kill physical meida

Reactions: chunk
At this point I would gladly keep paying a subscription to retain 3D editions of certain movies (the Space themed/fantastical ones benefit from 3d...Black Widow, am fine to never see in 3d)

Such a shame that these pricey and crappy steels are near forcing you to stick with non-physical, IMAX premium versions via streaming only.
They are intentionally trying to kill physical meida

I'm with you on this, i have 3D and my enthusiasm for pre ordering these marvel titles has got to the point now that I'm not buying them at all, i waited and bought shang chi and black widow at a reduced price, spider man i cancelled even though i had the others in steel, eternals i rented and turned it off after 30 minutes and i haven't pre ordeded this, if they were 3D releases it would have been day one, if they had a cheaper blu ray option i would have gone with those but all they offer now is 4k with a very expensive price tag (expensive to me as I'm not set up for 4k) with usually an underwhelming steelbook, if this hangs around and gets a massive price drop I'll consider it but I'm not really bothered.. I'll rent it but it won't be the same without 3D.
Sorry for my rant, people probably wish we'd just move on but i really enjoy 3D Marvel films and it really feels odd to watch the new films flat

Reactions: GeoRattray and a_o