Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 7, 2016
Purchase link: Doctor Who: Series 9
Price: £39.99

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
This steel seems to have risen in price faster than most. On eBay UK alone the one has sold for £200 whilst the latest one went for £100 on bids. Even an open one sold for £90.

This look super rare as there are only 2 listings on Amazon and none on eBay currently? Was this really a low 2000 print run?

I really want this but refuse to pay those prices, I bought super rare G1 steels back in the day and now they are pretty much worthless (X3, V for Vendetta)

Is there any news on a re-release of this?
No news and it's looking very unlikely to happen
I seen a print run of 2,000 been mentioned it might have been even less and sold out very quickly

BBC very rarely do re-issues for previous limited editions releases of Doctor Who
Your best hope would be a new steelbook with new artwork

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
For some reason I wandered onto ebay radomly yesterday and saw these mad prices too. Also appears that S1 is going for silly money too.

The ones that have been released since are based on that original one, but not been as good IMO. The season 9 artwork was absolutely stunning.
I'd say they are looking similar but a little different (still good though... but not worth £800 lol), but hopefully soon, it will be re-released if the demand is they, which I'm sure it will be. Just got the new series 6 steel book which are great releases.

I want season 9 & 10 steel books, but honestly, I think they will get re-released in time to come to match more properly with the current artist design.

Season 10 isn't that expensive. But I can understand your point that it doesn't match the current artist design. Last but not least I must say that the Design of Season 10 is in my Opinon the second best so far. (After Season 2)

i have all the steels except this one. i love this painterly style they did for 9 and 10. i have 'had' it three times (all eBay) - 2 sellers withdrew the sale after i won at a reasonable price, and the third sent me a steel proported to be 'Like New' but which genuinely looked like it has been used as a chopping board. for quite some time. this is one of the releases in my 'be patient, but you may well never get it' list. :watch:

but! as fate would have it, a nice person on eBay is now selling at a price we can all get behind...
1597311275968.png

...as being completely and utterly ridiculous. :wow: :LOL: