S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: May 13, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £13.32 - - £8 - £17.57
Notes: The smash hit get-away driver thriller from BAFTA nominated Director Nicolas Winding Refn (The Neon Demon, Only God Forgives) is back, with a special edition featuring - for the first time on DVD & Blu-Ray both the original, and the alternative Radio 1 soundtrack curated by Zane Lowe, with music from The 1975, Baauer, BANKS, Bastille, Bring Me The Horizon, CHVRCHES, Eric Prydz, Foals, Jon Hopkins, Laura Mvula, The Neighbourhood, SBTRKT, and ZCC (Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro), plus exclusive post cards featuring original artwork.

81Qx1Pi1qAL._SX466_.jpg

81s58exesLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine earlier today, Haven't even seen the film before but hear good things so for £8 with a slip I thought it was a bargain:thumbs:
Say what?! :OMG:

Whatever you do, please don't let your first watch of this masterpiece be the re-score version... it'll completely ruin the film for you otherwise.

Whatever you do, please don't let your first watch of this masterpiece be the re-score version... it'll completely ruin the film for you otherwise.

Ok mate, haven't watched this one yet was actually going to tomorrow night.

Best to give the standard edition a watch first then?

Amazon refunded me the difference without having to contact them... sometimes I forget not every retailer is like Zavvi. :rolleyes:
rly? I chatted with the CS and he told me that it isnt possible to refund the difference. I got a refund for the shipping and should return the first order for full refund and order it again lol.
Got a 4GBP promocode for the 2nd order though.

Because of this it is less than 10 EUR incl shipping for me now :D
Yep, right after I replied to you here, I've got an email from Amazon as well. Refunding me the difference. :thumbs: BestBuy should take notice!

Ok mate, haven't watched this one yet was actually going to tomorrow night.

Best to give the standard edition a watch first then?
For sure! I'd honestly suggest even skipping the re-score version entirely, but then I'm sure curiosity would probably get the better of you, as it did me lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
Got my new copy today... slip is in much better shape, thankfully!

Will most likely do a giveaway for my other copy at some point. ;)

Is this worth getting for the slip then @Noodles for £8, given I doubt I'd like the re-score version of the movie?
Depends how much of a Drive fan/completist you are mate... personally I'm very happy to pay £8 for it, as it's a decent slip IMO, plus the cards are a nice little extra - not that I'm likely to ever look at them again now though lol.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Make sure you keep a bucket close by to throw up into. :p
Oh.My.God. That was aweful. I reeaaally tried to be open minded, even when I read only negative about that rescore version.
But it was actually bad. (n) And it felt soooo wrong the whole time.

Interesting to see how much this movie lives from the score, though.
I always loved the music but I didnt expect such a giant difference, when everything else stays the same.

Had to rewatch 30 mins of the original score version, right after the rescore credits started, to wipe it out of my mind.
Such a relief when Nightcall started :drool::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Oh.My.God. That was aweful. I reeaaally tried to be open minded, even when I read only negative about that rescore version.
But it was actually bad. (n) And it felt soooo wrong the whole time.

Interesting to see how much this movie lives from the score, though.
I always loved the music but I didnt expect such a giant difference, when everything else stays the same.

Had to rewatch 30 mins of the original score version, right after the rescore credits started, to wipe it out of my mind.
Such a relief when Nightcall started :drool::LOL:
Haha I warned you! :LOL:

But yeah... I was surprised by how much the OST actually adds to the enjoyment of the film as well - it literally makes each scene more powerful/meaningful.

At least you know now anyway dude, and you can spread awareness to others. :p

• Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Don't get too excited bud... I found the new score to be so bad that it ruined the entire film. Obviously that's not to say you might not not like it though, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts. :)
Really? Thanks for the heads up mate, lowering my expectations now LOL. I kind of liked the music they played in the making of video, but Im sure it wont beat the original. Honestly the only name that drew me to the re-score was Jon Hopkins who did Monsters, thought I could expect something similar to Clint Mansell. Nothing will beat the original, but I will surely check out the re-score. At least this edition of it was a bargain :)

• Thanks

Found the original on Prime :thumbs: So giving it a watch now :D

• Thanks
Might as well keep it sealed now as ill have no intention of watching the new score version:thumbs: If I'm honest I only liked the slip on this and was never really drawn to watch the film before now.

But seeing that there's quite a few on here that have said such goods things about it, I thought id give it a watch.

• Thanks
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy