S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: May 13, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £13.32 - - £8 - £17.57
Notes: The smash hit get-away driver thriller from BAFTA nominated Director Nicolas Winding Refn (The Neon Demon, Only God Forgives) is back, with a special edition featuring - for the first time on DVD & Blu-Ray both the original, and the alternative Radio 1 soundtrack curated by Zane Lowe, with music from The 1975, Baauer, BANKS, Bastille, Bring Me The Horizon, CHVRCHES, Eric Prydz, Foals, Jon Hopkins, Laura Mvula, The Neighbourhood, SBTRKT, and ZCC (Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro), plus exclusive post cards featuring original artwork.

81Qx1Pi1qAL._SX466_.jpg

81s58exesLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Still not a fan

I can’t believe the bands Lowe chose. Just see the list. I mean I like foals but the 1975! Bastille!, bring me to the f*cking horizon!
Awful choices and can’t imagine their music to this film

Huge pass
To be fair, I thought the song Bastille wrote for it was fantastic :rofl:

Reactions: Flloydo
Still not a fan

I can’t believe the bands Lowe chose. Just see the list. I mean I like foals but the 1975! Bastille!, bring me to the f*cking horizon!
Awful choices and can’t imagine their music to this film

Huge pass
Hmm yeah, the art still isn't great unfortunately, but it's a step up from the previous one.

Seriously, the Lowe rescore actually made me hate my favourite film... the songs/bands are dreadful. :wtf:

That being said, I did like the CHVRCHES track... I felt that was the only one that actually suited the film.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The re-score is junk. If they were really going to re-score they should have just let Refn use the Johnny Jewel score he wanted in the first place. Also to make it worth calling a special edition they should have included Refn's audio commentary from the Japanese disc.

Better yet just give the film to someone like Arrow or Criterion already and come up with some decent extras. Refn wanted to do some 'Queen Edition' so do it already. The film deserves it by now!

The re-score is junk. If they were really going to re-score they should have just let Refn use the Johnny Jewel score he wanted in the first place. Also to make it worth calling a special edition they should have included Refn's audio commentary from the Japanese disc.

Better yet just give the film to someone like Arrow or Criterion already and come up with some decent extras. Refn wanted to do some 'Queen Edition' so do it already. The film deserves it by now!
There's audio commentary?! Guess I need to hunt down a Japanese disc now then. :D

And yeah, I'm still impatiently waiting for that "Queen Edition" too. :sleep:

Reactions: Last Lizard
Price dropped to 8.00£
Bargain! :OMG:

A bit unfair to those of us who pre-ordered at full price though... I haven't even received my copy yet and it's already cheaper. Might shoot them an email if they don't refund us the difference.