Dunkirk (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 16) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 30, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip (4K + BD + Bonus) - Single Lenti (4K + BD + Bonus) - Double Lenti (BD + Bonus) (Pre-order on August 28 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip - Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: Box Set - Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti
Note: One Click 400 copies - Full Slip 800 copies - Single Lenti 800 copies - Double Lenti 800 copies

WEA - Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Dunkirk_Overall_OC_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_FS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_LS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_DLS_5000x.jpg
9F229698-06D1-4494-8370-73D70FF3D4E3.jpeg

Last edited:
@Flloydo did you pass the comment along to Collectong regarding the poor quality of Joker lenti and Once Upon A Time ?

Too bad it’s no longer John taking care of customer service as he was taking well the comment when there was a quality issue.

I did mate. And I’ll be honest Collectong don’t really care. I don’t get the same replies I used to from John. Actual detailed replies. They now just say “thanks for the feedback”!

I still have johns email somewhere and didn’t even think to email him directly because Collectong have their own CS email on the site. I assumed they’d pass all this on

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I did mate. And I’ll be honest Collectong don’t really care. I don’t get the same replies I used to from John. Actual detailed replies. They now just say “thanks for the feedback”!

I still have johns email somewhere and didn’t even think to email him directly because Collectong have their own CS email on the site. I assumed they’d pass all this on

Yes I got a very cold response from Collectong CS when I asked about shipping restrictions.

I too still have John’s email and my next concern I will email him directly :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
In another time I would have bought without hesitation, but now with covid shipping problems + new manta quality I think I have enough with the double lenti edition that I have of blufans

Reactions: Shark
I would have thought this would have flew out of stock.
Obviously not as all individual editions are still in stock. I'm a bit surprised. But I'm sure it will before release date.....

I shared with John - Manta Lab, the community's feedback regarding Joker and Once Upon..., as well as my thoughts on the matter, specially as far as Once... is concerned.

Here's what he wants you to know:

It's made by the same people, designed by the same people and handled by the same people as before so when customers claim that our products are not as it used to be, I start to question the people.

We are responsible for making the products and distribution is done by Collectong so it's not Collectong's fault for the problem with the product because we make them and pack them.

There are no real excuses with the products when customers are not happy with it and raise claims with the materials. What we can do is just make up for it and try our best to prevent it from happening again in the future.

I couldn't see anything wrong with the OUATIH double lenti either like some people were making out. Looks OK to me.

Those people obviously never bought a FILMARENA lenti!!! :rolleyes: :p

Agreed. But in fairness to those people (certainly some if not all), the comparison was done with previous ML releases which had set a standard. :)

I personally don't agree with all the negative feedback that was shared in both release threads, they're not as bad as some make them out to be.

However, there has been a slight regression in the clarity, for Once Upon... when compared to previous ML releases. John noticed it himself after our chat by examining closely what I had pointed out.

Joker on the other hand suffered a bit - as far as the lentis are concerned - from the choice of artwork, and that's not on ML since it's the studio that approves the artwork. Images approved were dark (some might say too dark?) and as some might know, darker colors don't make up for great lentis. Bright and light imagery will often be the most successful.

Agreed. But in fairness to those people (certainly some if not all), the comparison was done with previous ML releases which had set a standard. :)

I personally don't agree with all the negative feedback that was shared in both release threads, they're not as bad as some make them out to be.

However, there has been a slight regression in the clarity, for Once Upon... when compared to previous ML releases. John noticed it himself after our chat by examining closely what I had pointed out.

Joker on the other hand suffered a bit - as far as the lentis are concerned - from the choice of artwork, and that's not on ML since it's the studio that approves the artwork. Images approved were dark (some might say too dark?) and as some might know, darker colors don't make up for great lentis. Bright and light imagery will often be the most successful.
Yes, I also have the Joker lenti. And I agree with you that it's a little dark. But it's still very cool!!

Reactions: IRON MAN
I shared with John - Manta Lab, the community's feedback regarding Joker and Once Upon..., as well as my thoughts on the matter, specially as far as Once... is concerned.

Thanks for reaching out and providing their response. I got tonal whiplash in just three paragraphs. The opening is weirdly defensive whereas the last paragraph is the complete opposite and what you’d want to her if you were concerned with their recent output.

thanks

but I agree with @Shark it seems really defensive to start with, questioning the people? Is a strange comment. Surely John and whoever else can see a difference in the Lenti quality especially. Plus it was their decision to put no finish on the front of the joker full slip. But then like you say after the joker does suffer dark artwork so there’s that too

but this does give me a hope that it’s just a little hiccup in those 2 releases even if John can’t fully see it

edit: my surely he can see the difference comment was before I read your second message - but yeah that OUATIH dl is very misty. Glad you pointed it out to him

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Thanks for reaching out and providing their response. I got tonal whiplash in just three paragraphs. The opening is weirdly defensive whereas the last paragraph is the complete opposite and what you’d want to her if you were concerned with their recent output.
thanks

but I agree with @Shark it seems really defensive to start with. Surely John and whoever else can see a difference in the Lenti especially. Plus it was their decision to put no finish on the front of the joker full slip. But then like you say after the joker does suffer dark art work so there’s that too

I don't see it being defensive at all. :)

He clearly says "I start to question the people" and by that he means the team working on the editions not the customers, if that's what you guys are referring to? As in "I'm investigating".

but this does give me a hope that it’s just a little hiccup in those 2 releases even if John can’t fully see it

He did see it. I mentioned it in the subsequent post.

I don't see it being defensive at all. :)

He clearly says "I start to question the people" and by that he means the team working on the editions not the customers, if that's what you guys are referring to? As in "I'm investigating".

He did see it. I mentioned it in the subsequent post.

ohhhh right. we’re reading it as he starts to question us! Like our eyesight is to blame! Thats how it looks anyway

yeah I edited my post because I completely missed your second post about it after. Must of scrolled too fast

Reactions: IRON MAN
ohhhh right. we’re reading it as he starts to question us! Like our eyesight is to blame! Thats how it looks anyway

yeah I edited my post because I completely missed your second post about it after. Must of scrolled too fast

I hear you.

FYI, the above is only a partial quote of a much longer convo. He was very apologetic at the beginning (as he usually is when there's something wrong) and some personal details were discussed so I didn't copy those in there. Hands down one of the nicest people to communicate with.

Right, the edit didn't show up until I refreshed the page.