Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: February 6, 2018 (pre-order January 7, 2017 at 10 AM - USA EST)
Prices: $45.99 (Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $109.99 (Lenti Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by n3wk1d, One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (40 copies of each edition)
Notes: WEA steelbook, limited to 2000 copies

EOT---02.jpgEOT---01.jpgEOT---04.jpgEOT---03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Again I don't think Zeta are taking over the mantle of releasing edge of tomorrow because manta cancelled lol this was happening anyway which is why it's getting so ridiculous that these premium retailers are literally releasing the same films within months of each other (weeks in some cases).

Getting so silly now. At least this caters for the people who want generic boring art and HAVE to own a premium of this film whether they like the art or not

I wonder if this was rushed in the last few months because they knew manta were working on one. I get that impression from film arena a lot. Films they are working on that other retailers are working on seem to have quicker beauty shots and group buys go up than releases that only they solely seem to be working on.

Just think, this is a few years old now and the only premium was a nova choice when the film was released with the WWA art on the steel. All of a sudden a few years later manta announce they are working on a wea which was nice to hear but then Zeta in that same year also decide to release one but in a unusual Zeta fashion. Out of knowhere the steel and all the slips are already designed and shown straight away. I just find it odd like they were hugely trying to compete. Over time if the retailers release the same films in the same time period then less will sell out like what happened to novas choice line. Over saturation and less creativity and choice between what films they decide to choose will ruin it in the end.

There's a huge decrease in indie films or films you don't expect from kimchi/ blu collection etc which is a shame

Luckily after nearly a years hiatus since old boy PA seem to be back on track with those types of film with 7 in their lineup for the next 7/8 months

Last edited:
Again I don't think Zeta are taking over the mantle of releasing edge of tomorrow because manta cancelled lol this was happening anyway which is why it's getting so ridiculous that these premium retailers are literally releasing the same films within months of each other (weeks in some cases).

Getting so silly now. At least this caters for the people who want generic boring art and HAVE to own a premium of this film whether they like the art or not

I wonder if this was rushed in the last few months because they knew manta were working on one. I get that impression from film arena a lot. Films they are working on that other retailers are working on seem to have quicker beauty shots and group buys go up than releases that only they solely seem to be working on.

Just think, this is a few years old now and the only premium was a nova choice when the film was released with the WWA art on the steel. All of a sudden a few years later manta announce they are working on a wea which was nice to hear but then Zeta in that same year also decide to release one but in a unusual Zeta fashion. Out of knowhere the steel and all the slips are already designed and shown straight away. I just find it odd like they were hugely trying to compete. Over time if the retailers release the same films in the same time period then less will sell out like what happened to novas choice line. Over saturation and less creativity and choice between what films they decide to choose will ruin it in the end.

There's a huge decrease in indie films or films you don't expect from kimchi/ blu collection etc which is a shame

Luckily after nearly a years hiatus since old boy PA seem to be back on track with those types of film with 7 in their lineup for the next 7/8 months
Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm totally happy we get more known and popular films instead of indie ones but to each their own of course

Or Both

Indie film don't mean it's not popular or less known lol. Infact some indie films are more loved that some crappy blockbusters. A good example is Donnie darko. Id image wes Anderson films would get a huge amount of love round here too. All kimchis blu collections sold out and they all fall into that category or "not the norm" except hateful eight maybe. Same with most PAs work too

But these retailers like to focus more on blockbusters which I'm cool with except when they all release the same ones. Kimchi, FA and Zeta all releasing a dressed up WWA life for example. I loved that film but do we need 3 WWA dress ups lol. They could focus their time on more wea

Like nova (NC) and manta (global) have done I think kimchi, zeta, FA and OAB should just put a stop to dressing up WWA steels. Focus on a better wea package for random films whether that be blockbuster, quirky, indie, dramas, animated or whatever etc etc

On an unrelated note, it seems HDzeta's really pushing the triple lenticular configuration for their releases. This one's just like Wonder Woman in that there are no full slips without lenticulars. With a double lenticular option. I imagine they realized they needed to change things up a bit after the weak performance of L.A. Confidential's full slip. In fact, I don't think any of their gold label full slips sell that well or as quickly as their counterpart lenticular options but I could be wrong.

At least for Argo they still offered the full slip option. Too bad it's not selling all that well. It's still in stock at their shop (but so are the other editions, including the lenti - I guess it's the film that matters in this case).

Still, stupid 3D ref on steel...(((ok, not...its a sticker....)))
Lenti A + B, fronts too similar to steel front..
Lenti A back + Steel back too similar

Maybe Manta were happy to let this go in the end, if the "powers" had limited options this much?

Last edited:
I can't believe I paid $80 on Ebay for the Nova Lenti when Manta cancelled to only have this come up now. :(

I like the steelbook and lenti A seems the most original and it almost can't not beat Nova's in terms of goodies included if it has cards and a booket too.

Is this a title that would sell out in a few minutes? I prefer ordering direct when I can unless the risk of being reasonably fast still includes a good likelihood of missing out anyway. Thanks!

You won't be disappointed with the Nova Lenticular. The Steelbook artwork with spot gloss easily trounces this.

Will the Boxset contain 6 discs (2 per edition)?

Reactions: Veronica Mars
You won't be disappointed with the Nova Lenticular. The Steelbook artwork with spot gloss easily trounces this.

Will the Boxset contain 6 discs (2 per edition)?

Why don't you use your crystal ball to check? You've already seen that the Nova steel is going to be better than this one so surely you can check that??

;)

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl
Status
Not open for further replies.