endofwatch_uksb06.jpg

endofwatch_uksb07.jpg

endofwatch_uksb08.jpg

endofwatch_uksb09.jpg

endofwatch_uksb10.jpg

endofwatch_uksb11.jpg

endofwatch_uksb12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's been their standard packaging for a good few months now. A layer of bubble wrap would be useful, but overall it isn't too bad.

Very true....but for some reason they sent my "Seven" steelbook in a normal cardboard envelope?! No damage though...

No complaints with amazon, 1 out of god know how many isn't bad... Keep it up!:thumbs:

Got mine from Zavvi today. Horrible A1 card envelope (like the old Amazon ones) BUT delivered by Hermes !! Didn't know they were doing that. Had the email on Friday so that's not an unreasonable timescale.

Received mine today from Amazon - has two dents on the back, scratches and paint chips on the back and front as well :(

If this keeps happening on the next few releases then ill have to seriously consider stopping collecting them as im getting bored of this game of constantly returning items and ordering replacements due to terrible quality control. I cant get excited about steelbooks anymore, as each time a new one arrives my first thought it what is going to be wrong with this one :(

Got mine from amazon with scratches all around the edges of the back of the steelbook. I never seem to ever get a mint copy of late.

Well i hope this thread proves it is all retailers that send out goods in crap packaging. Some people have it in for Sainsburys and it is not justified.

Received mine today from Amazon - has two dents on the back, scratches and paint chips on the back and front as well :(

If this keeps happening on the next few releases then ill have to seriously consider stopping collecting them as im getting bored of this game of constantly returning items and ordering replacements due to terrible quality control. I cant get excited about steelbooks anymore, as each time a new one arrives my first thought it what is going to be wrong with this one :(

+1 The hayday of collecting steelbooks has long gone...personally for me, steelbooks peaked during the days of 'The Green Hornet', 'Thor' and 'Captain America' (all UK)...

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Orderd mine from Zavvi and got an email yesterday saying that they are sorry that my order has not yet been sent. I don´t hope the stock is empty.

I preordered it and got the same 'sorry' email. I will never use Zavvi again after this- nothing but problems with them.

Reactions: lgans316
Well i hope this thread proves it is all retailers that send out goods in crap packaging. Some people have it in for Sainsburys and it is not justified.

As far as packaging goes Amazon is certainly one of the best so it's more than likely that if anyone receives one with light scratches or paint chips that it was under the j card / wrapping & not really the fault of the retailer.

On the other hand the ones I've seen damaged from Sainsburys is purely down the lousy packaging they use & thus their fault.

Terrible QC on this one. Looks like its luck of the draw if you get a mint one or not.

Seems to be the standard nowadays. As retailers are improving packaging, the manufacturers are getting sloppier in regard to quality control.

Amazon are giving me a £4 refund, I have taken it as the scratches are in the black areas and are fixable

Seems most scratches are in the same place on many peoples steelbook - what "person" (avoided a naughty word so i dont get told of....) is employed to undertake quality control on these products? Surely if they all have chips in the same place there is a problem:angry:

yep my replacement has two rather large paint chips on the back at top right side and a scratch on the spine near the bottom, not the normal slash mark though but I'l keep it as I like the movie, the QC on steels are really bad these days its almost impossible to get even a near mint one.

Surprised to say mine arrived in perfect condition... no chips/scratches or anything. Thank god for Amazon's great packaging though, as it looked like the postman had tried to squash it through the letterbox, then gave up and just left it on my doorstep.