endofwatch_uksb06.jpg

endofwatch_uksb07.jpg

endofwatch_uksb08.jpg

endofwatch_uksb09.jpg

endofwatch_uksb10.jpg

endofwatch_uksb11.jpg

endofwatch_uksb12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems most scratches are in the same place on many peoples steelbook - what "person" (avoided a naughty word so i dont get told of....) is employed to undertake quality control on these products? Surely if they all have chips in the same place there is a problem:angry:

There is a problem and it starts right at the source. Scanavo have a monopoly on steelbook production and they were started up as a company based largely on one person's personal interest as a hobby. Back in the days when there was only 1 or 2 steelbooks a month , there was no problem.

The problem today is that the demand for production and distribution has overtaken and swamped the company. They have neither the qualified staff nor the infrastructure/technology/workshop to ensure good quality control and so the more steelbooks they are asked to make- the sloppier their product becomes as they have to work more and more using the same tired ass old machinery.

It's a basic law we all understand - more quantity means less quality.

There is a problem and it starts right at the source. Scanavo have a monopoly on steelbook production and they were started up as a company based largely on one person's personal interest as a hobby. Back in the days when there was only 1 or 2 steelbooks a month , there was no problem.

The problem today is that the demand for production and distribution has overtaken and swamped the company. They have neither the qualified staff nor the infrastructure/technology/workshop to ensure good quality control and so the more steelbooks they are asked to make- the sloppier their product becomes as they have to work more and more using the same tired ass old machinery.

It's a basic law we all understand - more quantity means less quality.

Couldnt agree more unfortunately

would anyone be willing to sell their damaged steelbook case?

im trying to get a steelbook (if available) for all my favorite movies. and this is in my personal top 15.

There was a few comments like this on the Roger Rabbit thread is it possible these get oversold in an age of technology ?

I was keeping my replacement steel but I contacted amazon and said if I kept it instead of sending it back could I get a partial refund and they gave me £2.85 LOL, I was hoping for a bit more than that considering I have two large paint chips on the back plus 3 small ones and a scratch on the spine but its better than nothing.

They just rejected my cancellation, as it is 'currently being prepared for dispatch', which is good news I guess :)

Yeah, I hope so, they haven´t said anything yet and it is still waiting for stock pick. If they do send it I am praying to the god of steelbooks that I am getting it in mint condition :)

Got mine from zavvi, was sent in a box didnt seem to have any damage on the box or steelbook once package was opened

I am currently watching this film as I type it's truly an amazing film and if you haven't seen it I would recommend it

There is actually paint chips on the back of my copy under the j-card :( perhaps there was a default in production of this as I'm seeing alot of picture of the same thing

Jake

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Got mine from sainsburys today, perfect apart from a few slight paint chips on the back, but from what I've read this is common on this release.