Entertainment One (EOne) - SteelBook Poll - new products [UK]

Which of these Steelbooks would you like to see produced....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love to see a John Wick steelbook release in the UK. it seems that Summit Entertainment hold the distribution rights, but upon doing a bit more research, it seems that eOne are the major contractors (aka primary distributors) of Summit releases in the UK, while Lionsgate are the secondary contractors (aka secondary distributors), even though Lionsgate owns Summit Entertainment. Here are the links if anyone would like to do any further reading. http://www.wikiwand.com/en/John_Wick_(film) http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Summit_Entertainment

Reactions: BluRaySteve
I would love to see a John Wick steelbook release in the UK. it seems that Summit Entertainment hold the distribution rights, but upon doing a bit more research, it seems that eOne are the major contractors (aka primary distributors) of Summit releases in the UK, while Lionsgate are the secondary contractors (aka secondary distributors), even though Lionsgate owns Summit Entertainment. Here are the links if anyone would like to do any further reading. http://www.wikiwand.com/en/John_Wick_(film) http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Summit_Entertainment

John Wick is a Warner title in the UK.

Reactions: MrNano
Hi Adrian welcome to the forums.

I'd have to go with Lost In Translation as that title is one I have waited a long time to see in steelbook form. Would LOVE to see a release of this with some different art from the standard release with both Bill and Scarlett on the front panel.

After the gorgeous Divergent steelbook it would also be nice to see a steel for the rest of the films that match in style too.

Outside of those on the list and one that was released theatrically by you that NEEDS a steelbook is Warm bodies. It's grown over the years into a cult film but has been badly overlooked in the UK for getting anything other than a basic release on home formats. France released a gorgeous digipack that now commands a high price because of the fact the film has a dedicated fanbase and it's the only good limited version currently available.

Would be amazing to see this get a gorgeous glossy red steelbook with the cute poster art on the front.

Other than being one of my favourite ever films Lost in Translation is crying out for a top quality release - I've been praying for a Plain edition tbh - and with so many stunning images in the film it would be almost impossible to make anything but a simply gorgeous steelbook

Welcome to the forums @eonedirect :thumbs:

Hi there,

I work for Entertainment One and looking to produce some fresh steelbooks.

Would appreciate any feedback on the choices proposed, or if you have any other ideas do not hesitate to get in touch!

Kind regards,

Adrian
THE FOG, 48HRS,
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, TRADING PLACES,
BLADE 1,2 DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS,
DIRTY HARRY, STIR CRAZY,
BATTLE OF THE BULDGE, CANNONBALL RUN,
ASSAULT OF PRECINCT 13, EXCALIBUR,
PRINCE OF DARKNESS, THE HITCHER,
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, UNCLE BUCK,
ALL THE BRUCE LEE MOVIES, FIGHTER IN THE WIND,
GROUND HOG DAY, THE MAN FROM NO WHERE,
THE LABYRINTH, THE WARRIORS,
END OF DAYS, WHERE EAGLES DARE,
TOOTSIE, KELY,S HEROES,

so many classics to choose from, so please take note as they are super hungry for the steelbook treatment,

Welcome to HDN!

I'd buy pretty much any good movies that does not have a steelbook release yet. The 2 on top of my list are: A Walk Among the Tombstones and Lost in Translation.

@eonedirect

Hello Adrian,

only real exciting and fresh title that I feel would be needed such a great steelbook release is Insurgent !

all other titles would make also nice steel releases, but not as exciting as Insurgent which is a really hot title right now, Can't wait to see the movie and multi dip in every country I love the steel release for this movie !!!

quadrupled dipped in FutureShop Divergent last year
and
double dipped in Entertainment Store Steelbook version as well

This steel is what I am waiting for to start popping up as I can't wait to own that 2nd movie steel of it, Love this movie series.

Thanks so much :emb:

Would like to see an Insurgent steelbook to go with Divergent (and hopefully the remaining two sequels).

@eonedirect

hello again Adrian, here is someone that agrees with me :)

wanted to also mention, that other steels in the choices are filler releases I find, the types that get a steel release to make money in between really hot titles...

Pllleeeaaassseeeeee Insurgent to follow up on Divergent which was soooo god !!!!

Is Eone only in canada ?

No, they are in other countries too:

Entertainment One Ltd., also known as eOne, is an international entertainment corporation operating in Canada, the U.S., the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux, Spain, France, Germany, Scandinavia, South Africa, and South Korea.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk and harry
THE FOG, 48HRS,
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, TRADING PLACES,
BLADE 1,2 DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS,
DIRTY HARRY, STIR CRAZY,
BATTLE OF THE BULDGE, CANNONBALL RUN,
ASSAULT OF PRECINCT 13, EXCALIBUR,
PRINCE OF DARKNESS, THE HITCHER,
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, UNCLE BUCK,
ALL THE BRUCE LEE MOVIES, FIGHTER IN THE WIND,
GROUND HOG DAY, THE MAN FROM NO WHERE,
THE LABYRINTH, THE WARRIORS,
END OF DAYS, WHERE EAGLES DARE,
TOOTSIE, KELY,S HEROES,

so many classics to choose from, so please take note as they are super hungry for the steelbook treatment,
Majority of that list is Warner Films
None of that list is distributed by eOne in the UK they don't have the distribution rights to those films in the UK
To see what films eOne have the distribution rights to go to
http://uk.eonefilms.com/home-entertainment?statuscode=ed5ff8c4-49bf-4ef0-b534-899420c9bc57

Also will be possible for most of the Momentum Pictures Catalogue titles that still have a UK distribution
The Football Factory and The Fighter and The Woman in Black are in the UK Momentum Pictures and distributed by eOne for the UK

Last edited: