Entertainment Store - SteelBook Retailer Thread [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
entertainmentstore_zps5a70a611.jpg

Entertainment Store are a retailer operating exclusively in the PlayTrade section of Play.com:

Store links: Play.com - eBay.co.uk

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc. about this retailer here.

Exclusive 2013 HDN Interview here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> Follow on screen instructions >> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of UK?
A) They only offer (free) shipping within the UK with the exception of some items sold through their eBay outlet which may be eligible for International delivery.

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A cardboard sleeve (pictured below, thanks to Zoneism):
Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit/debit card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Overall the majority of Ninjas have had a good experience with ES - will update constantly.

Cancellations: Your account >> Outstanding Orders >> Cancel Order

Replacements: Your account >> Order History >> Return item >> Follow instructions

Refunds: TBC

Last edited:
Someone get the quote from the article that said they would keep them going :D

Found it ;)

We’re certainly planning to continue doing all future seasons of The Walking Dead in steelbook with matching artwork – it looks likely season 4 will be out in September 2014 as it follows the same pattern as Game of Thrones (i.e. the new season hits DVD and Blu-Ray just before the new season starts).

Gonna be seeing 3 seasons of Walking Dead on eBay soon then. I don't do 'inconsistent'.

Utterly stupid decision if they're not doing season 4.

Yup, I waited and waited for a decent collector friendly edition of the walking dead in the UK, finally got one (I even double dipped on season 3 after getting the fishtank) if ES decide not to continue with them I'll be pretty annoyed, but as they still have them for sale Im guessing they were not a big seller, or they overestimated the demand

Someone get the quote from the article that said they would keep them going :D

Yeah they clearly stipulated that they would release all the coming seasons with exclusive comic art, the réa son why I bought them in the first place. If they do not continue, I think I Will resell them and just buy regular blu rays then... Or wait a few years for a complete boxset

I am going to be PISSED if ES don't release season 4 steel. They may not have sold out, but I still see them turning up in peoples collections. I can't have an inconsistent set!

It bugs me enough that 'Evil Dead' was released by Sony and 'Evil Dead 2' and the remake were released by Studio Canal - they just don't look right together in my drawer!

I figured as soon as other territories started announcing their steels, we'd get something from ES... must send them an email!

We must have a petition for it to be released, even if it is as an ultra limited edition... surely it can be seen as wrong advertising to annouce they would release future seasons so we buy the first 3 ones and then decide to stop releasing the following ones..;

I agree with you all guys. It will be a tragedy if they don't continue. Jock artwork looks awesome in hand - a lot better than photo's would lead you to believe.

Reactions: harry
For the prices of the Premium steels they sell, their packing is terrible..

Out of interest, what problem do you have with the cardboard sleeves used by ES. I've always found them to be fairly sturdy and fit for purpose, very similar to the packaging used by amazon.com in the good old days before they started sending out items in jiffy bags. I've never had any damage to my steelbooks resulting from their use and they're certainly preferable to the A1 mailers currently being used by Zavvi and Amazon's European sites.

Its just a piece of cardboard wrapped around the Steelbook... If they are charging the most for their exclusive steels, often 24.99 they should be sending them in better packing. Play.com and their white boxes with foam wrap were superb.