PLATFORM: PS4, Xbox One, PC

RELEASE DATE: Nov. 10, 2015
PRICE: $119.99/£99.99
ORDER:
Amazon.com
Game.co.uk

Fallout4_PIPBoy_Edition_Content11.0.jpg

image.jpg

Bethesda is bringing the iconic Pip-Boy to life by releasing a real-life version of the post-apocalyptic smart device that works with iPhones.

The physical version of the Pip-Boy will be included with a special edition of Fallout 4 and owners can slide in their iPhone to work as the screen for the device.

More info coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have my order at Game. Unfortunately they don't ship items above 1000g outside the UK. Let's hope the Pip-boy doesn't weigh that much. The previous lunchbox collector's edition was 816 grams (according to Amazon) so it might be available to international shipping. I asked Game but they didn't know the weight yet..

Have my order at Game. Unfortunately they don't ship items above 1000g outside the UK. Let's hope the Pip-boy doesn't weigh that much. The previous lunchbox collector's edition was 816 grams (according to Amazon) so it might be available to international shipping. I asked Game but they didn't know the weight yet..

argh, I missed that fine print

Yeah I also read it afterwards, but I might try a parcel forwarding service, I only hope Game let's me change my adress (if it turns out to be heavier than 1000g) cause I don't want to miss out on the free bobblehead.

After just reading this article on Business Insider, i'm really excited to see what you can do with the Pip-Boy in-game.

In the extremely popular "Fallout" series, your "Pip-Boy" is a giant gadget you wear on your wrist, which basically acts as a heads-up display to show you stats, maps, and the items you're holding.

But in "Fallout 4," which will release on November 10, Bethesda Softworks went above and beyond to bring its in-game invention into the real world.

"The Pip-Boy is important part of Fallout, and we love it so much that we made a real one," Todd Howard, Bethesda Game Studios' game director, said at Bethesda's press conference Sunday night. "Yes, you can put your phone in it, and yes, we made an app for it so it works with the game, and yes it's a second screen experience. Usually I find second-screen experiences to be stupid gimmicks, but as far as stupid gimmicks goes, this is the best f-----g one I've ever seen."

Here's what the real-life Pip-Boy looks like.

screen%20shot%202015-06-19%20at%2011.10.43%20am.png
Bethesda Softworks

screen%20shot%202015-06-19%20at%2011.10.57%20am.png
Bethesda Softworks

screen%20shot%202015-06-19%20at%2011.11.03%20am.png
Bethesda Softworks

screen%20shot%202015-06-19%20at%2011.12.25%20am.png
Bethesda Softworks

In the game, you can bring your Pip-Boy up to your face to control all its various functions — like what you're wearing or what weapons you're holding. But this real-life Pip-Boy works in the same way: Since the phone app uses the same code used on the in-game Pip-Boy, it will work on any platform over local WiFi, including Xbox One, PS4 and PC, and it will work with any iOS or Android phone. So if you make an adjustment on the phone app, it'll immediately take effect in your game.

The real-life Pip-Boy will ship with the "Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition," which costs $119. Unfortunately, that "Fallout 4" edition is sold out at every major retailer that's supporting pre-orders for the game.

We've reached out to Bethesda to see if the company plans on replenishing its stock of Pip-Boys for pre-order, or if the company is intentionally limiting the supply to make it more exclusive. We'll update the story when we learn more.

"Fallout 4" drops November 10 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Pre-order it here.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition-is-sold-out-everywhere-2015-6#ixzz3dY5wtR5m

got a mail about the FALLOUT CLUB from game uk, turns out it´s facebook bound,
bloody f****king morons idiots, mother f***kers, what is this insane actration with facebook people got

rant is now over

nerd rage

bloody f****king morons idiots, mother f***kers, what is this insane actration with facebook people got

rant is now over

nerd rage
Can u copy email here mate.. What does it mean it's Facebook bound?

Can u copy email here mate.. What does it mean it's Facebook bound?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks again for preordering Fallout 4.

If you haven’t had a chance to join our Fallout 4 Community Facebook Group, here’s how:
Click the following link:
Sign into your Facebook account or sign up to Facebook if you are not an existing member.
Once you’re logged into Facebook, you’ll be directed to the group.
Click ‘Join Group’
‘Pending’ will appear until your request to join is accepted, this can take up to 72 hours. If your request has been longer please email [email protected]
Once accepted, you’ll receive a Facebook notification.
You’re ready to start using the Fallout 4 Facebook page.
The GAME Team

rant is now over

nerd rage

You know you don't have to join Facebook.

You get all the stuff they just use it to announce info and allow people to join with others who preordered.

Facebook has no affects on what you get just the info comes out first on there.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: raspor
You know you don't have to join Facebook.

You get all the stuff they just use it to announce info and allow people to join with others who preordered.

Facebook has no affects on what you get just the info comes out first on there.

thanks for that info it cools the nerd rage some, but I still disslike facebook all the same,can you tell ;-]