Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Release date: 14th December 2015
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99

image.jpg

01-79838.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So....Literally just came out of the cinema from this; Personally thought the film was alright- Maybe a 7/10, and not the total car crash I was expecting. Saying that, my mate totally hated it.

It definitely had certain negative points (the final showdown with Doom being one- it was a bit rushed and there was definitely a hugely bad edit which you'll realise when you see it...)

What do you say about Transformers, 50 Shades of Grey, Ant-Man, Iron Man 3? ;)

Funnily enough except for Iron Man 3 I kind of did say the same thing

Iron Man 3....I hate it, I think it ruined the Mandarin and was rushed however it was part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Steelbooks.....so I kind of got it.

That's true poor HMV was looking forward to this but know seeing the ratings totally put off...

That's one boring looking Steelbook and wow has this film been slated a lot.
I'll just stick with my Steelbook for the original film!

Going by Marvel's past. It seems the trend is to remake everything 10 years later.

Fantastic 4 (2005) remake (2015)
Spider-Man (2002) remake (2012)

So we should have our Iron Man (2008) rehash in 2018!!!

It's not Marvel that is remaking anything. Sony and Fox each HAVE to put out a new film for these franchises within a certain window or rights revert back to Marvel Studios. Once they feel that they've tapped out the property and that another sequel will not bring in enough revenue they try to "revitalize" the property will a fresh re-boot...which never works; it just confuses the general public.

Reactions: lgans316
Going by Marvel's past. It seems the trend is to remake everything 10 years later.

Fantastic 4 (2005) remake (2015)
Spider-Man (2002) remake (2012)

So we should have our Iron Man (2008) rehash in 2018!!!

Oh god I hope not :ohno:. Also it appears that part of the criteria for their remakes is that they must be much worse than the previous version ;).

PS - I just gave you your 9000th like - quite apt given our new-found bromance :drool::D:rofl:

It's not Marvel that is remaking anything. Sony and Fox each HAVE to put out a new film for these franchises within a certain window or rights revert back to Marvel Studios. Once they feel that they've tapped out the property and that another sequel will not bring in enough revenue they try to "revitalize" the property will a fresh re-boot...which never works; it just confuses the general public.

That is very worrying because that means unwanted reboots will keep on coming. I don't think anyone wanted another Spiderman series and they turned out to be pretty bad, and now we're getting yet another Spiderman version that'll be part of the MCU :rolleyes:. It has to stop. I certainly don't want to see anyone else playing Iron Man for another 20+ years. Well that pretty much goes for all of 'em as they've pretty much nailed their roles.

Marvel are in danger of saturating the genre, which is a shame because they could start to taint the great work they've done up until now.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The movie has been seriously slated. The general consensus is that the Fantastic Four movie from a few years back is way way superior.

Yep BOTH of the earlier films are VASTLY superior to this pile of rubbish! Saw it this morning and I'd give it 1 out 10 and thats just for Mara because she's cute! Absolute disaster of a film. Change of back story, MAJORLY wrong casting, bad editing and poor pacing = not a good film.