Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Release date: 14th December 2015
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99

image.jpg

01-79838.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And as we speak just had a few text messages from mates back from the cinema. One said "Total crap". The other said "Can I have a refund" The other said "I wanted a blockbuster not Plan 9 from Outer Space" I think I'll see it when it pops up on TV.... Not paying £8 with comments like that

Studios aren't stupid. They know when they have a lemon and when they don't give previews especially to the press. That is not a good sign...... Panic has already set in.
But how would that avoid it being a total loss at the box office?? I mean, surely doing the opposite in giving the press full reign into previews etc wouldn't change the films box office fortunes if you see where I'm coming from...

Honestly, it wasn't that bad a film- It had its moments and I enjoyed it more than not.

The reason I'd say not to listen to others is because at the end of the day, it's your judgement and yours alone to decide whether or not the films a dud. I seldom listen to critics- Sure, I read reviews, but I always take them with a pinch of salt. The same critics that would right a rave review for Godzilla would then criticise the life out of this for being too pedestrian paced (lest we forget that Godzilla didn't appear on the screen until an hour in, and only had 8 minute screen time in a two and a half hour film)

I had zero hopes for FF prior to watching it, and came out surprised I enjoyed it to the extent I did (maybe the non expectation played a part in that)

yeah i agree, the end was rushed and that's where i'd like to see an extra 20mins or so. The director had problems with the studio and i'm sure that it was on the length of the movie cos it feels like there were some bits missing that he probably wanted in. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's an extended version...

It worked well with the first FF, Daredevil and Ghost Rider (first one too) ;) Should have done the same thing with Jupiter Ascending!

Probably an effort by Fox to get anything out to retain the film rights, like Sony and Spiderman. But coming back to the steelbook, is anyone actually seriously going to buy it? If the film is as bad as everyone seems to think, it just goes to show that if a studio puts some nice packaging on a turkey, it will sell whether it's Christmas or not...... :wow:

But coming back to the steelbook, is anyone actually seriously going to buy it? If the film is as bad as everyone seems to think, it just goes to show that if a studio puts some nice packaging on a turkey, it will sell whether it's Christmas or not...... :wow:
Didn't catch this in the cinema, will definitely get the steelbook :LOL:

I don't really worry about what "everyone says", would rather form my opinion myself ;)

Not to get off topic over this "lovely" Steelbook but I'm loving the damage control by Josh Trank on this film. Blaming the studio when it was clearly him aswell.

Marvel really should have waited until the Avengers films were done and then concentrated on doing F4 as a "main event" rather than just a half arsed "filler" title in an already swamped genre. Oh well, I may still rent it just in case the reviews are exaggerated.

Marvel really should have waited until the Avengers films were done and then concentrated on doing F4 as a "main event" rather than just a half arsed "filler" title in an already swamped genre. Oh well, I may still rent it just in case the reviews are exaggerated.
As Fox own the movie rights, Marvel had nothing to do with the movie unfortunately, if they did, given their track record, it would of most likely of been a hit. Fox tend to screw up superhero movies although a couple have been very good, like Xmen First Class.
The last Fantastic Four movies were in most people opinions more garbage from Fox, personally I liked them both, I thought they were an easy watch and quite entertaining for what they were.
Now if Marvel had done them originally, they would of been something special.

Reactions: D4vem88
The sad thing is that the red logo with Marvel written on it will begin the film,and average cinema goers wont realise it's not really a Marvel movie

That's the thing, it does mislead people.[emoji53]
The title sequence that almost everybody associates with MCU was started with Daredevil, ironically, not a MCU but recently rebooted as a Marvel TV series that references MCU.

Reactions: Steelselecta
Fox are known to butcher movies (I'm talking about comic books inspired flicks here) from the initial director's vision to what the "suits" think will put more bums on seats (I'm obviously over simplifying what happens for the sake of this post).

Exception being X-Men (minus the 3rd instalment depending on how you look at it), and by the looks of it, Deadpool (this one remains to be seen as they might suddenly drop the hard R rating and go for a watered down PG 13 version but I'm hoping they stick with R).

Anyway, to further discuss the Fantastic Four movie, you can also post in the movie thread here and please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid ruining it (yeah yeah I know) for those who haven't seen it yet. :)

The title sequence that almost everybody associates with MCU was started with Daredevil, ironically, not a MCU but recently rebooted as a Marvel TV series that references MCU.
Actually this was produced by Marvel and is loosely set in the MCU. The director had however said he wanted to keep away from that aspect as he wanted the show to stand on its own and have no direct connection to the MCU. But as you know they do reference it.
Chances of Daredevil turning up in a main feature as a cameo? Doubt it, but how cool would that be![emoji106]

Actually this was produced by Marvel and is loosely set in the MCU. The director had however said he wanted to keep away from that aspect as he wanted the show to stand on its own and have no direct connection to the MCU. But as you know they do reference it.
Chances of Daredevil turning up in a main feature as a cameo? Doubt it, but how cool would that be![emoji106]
I thought this was a Fox production thus outside of the MCU?
Thought you were talking about FF4. The Daredevil TV show is, as you said, connected to MCU. Yeah, agreed Daredevil in MCU would be great!

Reactions: Steelselecta
Fox are known to butcher movies (I'm talking about comic books inspired flicks here) from the initial director's vision to what the "suits" think will put more bums on seats (I'm obviously over simplifying what happens for the sake of this post).

Exception being X-Men (minus the 3rd instalment depending on how you look at it), and by the looks of it, Deadpool (this one remains to be seen as they might suddenly drop the hard R rating and go for a watered down PG 13 version but I'm hoping they stick with R).

Anyway, to further discuss the Fantastic Four movie, you can also post in the movie thread here and please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid ruining it (yeah yeah I know) for those who haven't seen it yet. :)
@Apollon, I've had a word with BOBO about this being watered down and he says no way, or he will eat Ryan Reynolds!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439066032.259960.jpg

Reactions: luke98 and IRON MAN