Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Release date: 14th December 2015
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99

image.jpg

01-79838.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the original casts better, the original movies are actually not bad, but i don't why we need reboot just like spider man movies which are worst than the original

I was lucky. I was going to see it this afternoon but a mate had seen it and she knows my tastes in films and told me to avoid it. I can understand why there were no previews of the film or why the cast were not allowed to see it. They knew they had a turkey on their hands and wanted to avoid a total loss at the box office..

Reactions: psychoscot
Err yeah it was an utter trainwreck. Saw it this morning with 20 people and none of us came out thinking it was anything other than terrible lol. :LOL:
Honestly, I thought it wasn't THAT bad- The fight with Doom at the end was totally rushed though;

Also, did you notice the ridiculously bad edit at the end of the film, between when Mr Fantastic was giving his pep talk to his fallen team mates, when it then cut to Mr Fantastic standing in front of Doom and the other three had 'magically' dispersed elsewhere, literally in the space of a couple of seconds?

Possibly the worst edit I might of ever had the misfortune of seeing in a movie...

Reactions: psychoscot
Honestly, I thought it wasn't THAT bad- The fight with Doom at the end was totally rushed though;

Also, did you notice the ridiculously bad edit at the end of the film, between when Mr Fantastic was giving his pep talk to his fallen team mates, when it then cut to Mr Fantastic standing in front of Doom and the other three had 'magically' dispersed elsewhere, literally in the space of a couple of seconds?

Possibly the worst edit I might of ever had the misfortune of seeing in a movie...

The editing was shocking overall and it felt like many scenes had been trimmed at the last minute with no thought to timing.

While the Alba/Evans versions are not brilliant they are so much better than this. Even those like Mark Millar who looks after Marvel at Fox have gone quiet and aren't pushing hard with publicity. Fab 4 is supposed to be fun and this just isn't. Bad casting and the chagine of their origin is just unforgivable.

tbh i quite enjoyed this movie, i think it could've benefited from another 20mins to flesh out the story a bit more rather than just jumping past some bits and not explaining them properly. Hopefully there will be a director's cut that comes out! Will defo pick up the steelbook!

tbh i quite enjoyed this movie, i think it could've benefited from another 20mins to flesh out the story a bit more rather than just jumping past some bits and not explaining them properly. Hopefully there will be a director's cut that comes out! Will defo pick up the steelbook!
While I'd be more than happy to skip the steelbook for this, I was pleasantly surprised with the film- It felt a bit rushed towards the end but feel they did a good job of getting the origin story on the screen. The acting was good, the script was decent..Think there was more to like about this film than not and honestly can't understand where the huge amount of negativity is coming from.

I was lucky. I was going to see it this afternoon but a mate had seen it and she knows my tastes in films and told me to avoid it. I can understand why there were no previews of the film or why the cast were not allowed to see it. They knew they had a turkey on their hands and wanted to avoid a total loss at the box office..
No, you can only understand why there were no previews if you'd of seen the movie to make your own judgement on it, irrespective of whether or not your friend told you to skip it or not.

Also- What do you mean by "they knew they had a turkey on their hands and wanted to avoid a total loss at the box office"?

Saw this tonight with my girlfriend and neither thought it was a good movie.

It's ok at best, definitely not buying the steelbook but see for yourself everyone is different.

Ant-man is far far better than this

The editing was shocking overall and it felt like many scenes had been trimmed at the last minute with no thought to timing.

While the Alba/Evans versions are not brilliant they are so much better than this. Even those like Mark Millar who looks after Marvel at Fox have gone quiet and aren't pushing hard with publicity. Fab 4 is supposed to be fun and this just isn't. Bad casting and the chagine of their origin is just unforgivable.
Wasn't bad casting though, was it?? I mean, each actor did their job well (& that's speaking broadly, not just the FF)
The script wasn't bad, there were decent lines (like the scene where they're talking about the moon landing for example)

It had a rushed ending, especially as the film was only just over an hour and a half long- they could of fleshed it out with more Doom/more action towards the tail end of the film- Think the first two-thirds of the film, despite being fairly pedestrian in pace, were quite good...

While I'd be more than happy to skip the steelbook for this, I was pleasantly surprised with the film- It felt a bit rushed towards the end but feel they did a good job of getting the origin story on the screen. The acting was good, the script was decent..Think there was more to like about this film than not and honestly can't understand where the huge amount of negativity is coming from.

yeah i agree, the end was rushed and that's where i'd like to see an extra 20mins or so. The director had problems with the studio and i'm sure that it was on the length of the movie cos it feels like there were some bits missing that he probably wanted in. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's an extended version...

yeah i agree, the end was rushed and that's where i'd like to see an extra 20mins or so. The director had problems with the studio and i'm sure that it was on the length of the movie cos it feels like there were some bits missing that he probably wanted in. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's an extended version...
The flak the films getting is totally unwarranted- It was an unconventional superhero film in that there was no good guy/bad guy dynamic whatsoever.
Felt it was more a case of 'origin story with villain fight tagged on the end'. Not that I'd suspect a sequel would be given the green light, but surely now they've established the origin they could concentrate on giving a more traditional mix of story and action to appease anyone who felt the film was too slow paced...

Reactions: mbennett76
Also- What do you mean by "they knew they had a turkey on their hands and wanted to avoid a total loss at the box office"?

Studios aren't stupid. They know when they have a lemon and when they don't give previews especially to the press. That is not a good sign...... Panic has already set in.