Jul 23, 2011
Another Chinese Classic Film, Farewell My Concubine , Blu Ray Steelbook
Release date: May 15,2012
Limited Edition 1000

View attachment 4435

Actual pics:

Thanks Alex for pics of booklet version:
picture.php

Want to know if you have the booklet Inside without opening it?
Thanks to gbdragon
With booklet...
View attachment 14745

Attachments

• farewell.jpg
    farewell.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 547
Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, I am suriprised to see the movie generates lot of members' interests. I first saw the movie in 94. And I have to admit that it is not a typical Hollywood movie you see nowsday. It has done a great job to displays love, Chinese culture and history. If you are into world cinema, you don't want to miss the film. The film is nominated for many time, including 2 Oscars and won two awards at Cannes Film Festival, and one at Golden Globes in 1994. The actor, Leslie Cheung, committed suicide in 2003. He was 46 years old. RIP.

I don't have a detail on release date yet, but I heard the steelbook is out in December. I will start a group buy sometimes in November. Already, I am quite busy for the LTBF group buy. Yes, for some joined members for current GB, you are guaranteed a spot on the list if you would like to participate again. It is one for each member. Please remember to check the group buy section sometimes in November. For new members, please contribute more in the forum, like DB said, when you reach 30 posts, you will enter the group buy heaven. I think the group buy section here is well organized by many members here. There are two reasons I am doing this. One is for every member's love and passion for great movies and steelbooks. Second I am inspired by the group buy leaders here in the forum, eg, Masterblaster, Surfury and many others.

Last edited:
This is a great film, one of the first chinese films that got me into the genre, recommended!

This steelbook is a great testament to this movie, could be the best steelbook release for me, and I thought Sucker Punch was amazing!

Last edited:
Tbryson-FYI-bluraysteel may post a group buy later in Group Buy forum (you need 2 more posts to access that part of the site).

Thanks bluraysteel, added release date to OP. As far as Real Steel, please feel free to post a new thread once final plans are set, if you get a chance. Thanks!

The release date for Farewell My Concubine steelbook is pushed to Feb.2012.
Currently, The Blufans is also working on a possible release of REAL STEEL metal box.

Pushed back and NOT cancelled right? I have been waiting for this one (Farewell My Concubine that is) a long time. Thanks sir!

Is the art finalized for this steel? Is it the same one on this thread?

I sure hope so. I saw the gif image and almost pooped my pants. I thought it was changed. I love the white background and the colorful red on her face.

It reminds me alot of Transformers 2.

I sure hope so. I saw the gif image and almost pooped my pants. I thought it was changed. I love the white background and the colorful red on her face.

It reminds me alot of Transformers 2.

It sure does with that Chinese calligraphy and butterflies and the alien writings. Good eye there chip! And please go check to see if you need to clean up after yourself :hilarious::hilarious:

bluraysteel, i too would be interested in a couple, if this groupbuy happens.

count me in.

Good reminder for the new year.

Bluraysteel sir, any word on this release and its group buy? I like to be added to this group buy if it is not too late. Thank you.

I've ordered one direct from the organizer in china together with the let's the bullets fly, I was told that this steelbook will only be available after Chinese new year. Which is around February or march 2012.
They would gather enough order before they go ahead to print them, everyone seems to be very patience about this release. It's been pushed back month and month but still those who ordered would just accepted it silently. I'm extremely nervous that they would not proceed if the interest gathered is not what they expected.:ohno:

I love white steelbook....

Kevin, count me in too :)

Are you able to request them to embossed the lettering? That would be so awesome looking.