Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
When did FAC annouce they are doing WEA for all the Pred movies?
11 months ago on Facebook
Threads for each release already made

As with all FAC releases details are subject to change

I have asked Jan to confirm if all 4 steelbooks still planned to be WEA
I will post reply when I get it

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnyx
My problem is that unless it's a 4k steelbook now I've very little interest unless it's an exceptional steel. . We're starting to see classics on 4k now with steelbooks and futurepak. Right now as i said in another thread you get the exclusive rights to say the 1954 War of the Worlds with a 4k / blu-ray steebook and you have a 100% guaranteed winner. The other problem I'm having is that a lot of the steels being announced zero interest. The Original Predator and Alien are the only two of that list that interest me and even then it would have be 4k as I have both now in 4k steels and again they would have to be spectacular steels. I've got too many "steels" with fancy packaging and when I open the packaging find the actual steel a let down. Sorry to be a bit of a downer but so much stuff is coming out now with poor steels you can count on one hand the actual good ones. It's about time our voices were heard loud and clear so we get a good combination of normal steels which are in the public domain so to speak that are good with the likes of hopefully exceptions ones from Film Arena. I use both the Chinese pressing of Lawrence of Arabia and the special edition futurepak of Suspiria as exactly the level of steelbook quality I want.....
Lastly one thing i want to see an end to is seriously limited steels of a film that virtually none gets. So if we are going to get Alien or Predator no "Only 8 copies available, tough titty"
Rant over....

Black Barons Facebook

Dear Collectors,
we kindly thank you for giving us extra time to go over some personal and family stuff. Some scars can only be healed by time and we believe that work will be the medicine that helps.
As our manager Jan Cikanek already informed, we had to put on hold RED SPARROW because of the French poster that we could not use and the approving may take more time than expected. We have prepared one exclusive title with UNIVERSAL Studio, but as you know some FAC editions wai...ting to be approved preferably, we believe we should present this title in the next year.
We really wanted to bring you something extra and we believed that we had picked the one that you could love!
We chose ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL for BLACK BARONS #21 featuring an exclusive WEA SteelBook.
Our selling intention is to offer you three numbered editions and a MAGNETIC BOX as a GIFT for those who buy all the three numbered editions:
E1 FullSlip + Lenticular Magnet
E2 Double 3D Lenticular FullSlip
E3 SteelBook Numbered Edition
MAGNETIC GIFT BOX for buying E1 + E2 + E3
We will keep you updated about ALITA and other coming titles. Please also kindly check our release plan.
Best regards,
I&B
Team Black Barons

66833248_2373169506252916_3811798408801288192_o.jpg

I got a question about their still collector number.

If you're assigned a number, what's the minimum requirement to keep it? If I understand correctly, they can pull it from you if you don't meet their requirement.

Dear Collectors,

thank you again for your orders FAC #123 FIRST MAN and FAC #124 SCHINDLER'S LIST, which are being sent to their owners.

What awaits us further?

Over the next week, our team will finish the premium editions FAC #125 PET SEMATARY (2019) and FAC #126 HALLOWEEN (2018), which we will be introducing to you gradually. Pre-orders for these titles will be launched on January 23, 2020 (permanent collector's numbers 0-600 will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance). The editions are scheduled to be released on January 23, and we will start sending out the editions from January 20, 2020.

After sending out the FAC #125 and FAC #126 premium editions, we will introduce the long-awaited FAC #127 GHOST IN THE SHELL edition with a double lenticular 3D full slipcase XL.

FAC #127 GHOST IN THE SHELL edition was scheduled to be released before the FAC #128 SPIDER-MAN FAR FROM HOME premium editions, but there were several delays during production and therefore it will be completed after SPIDER-MAN FAR FROM HOME.

Launch of pre-orders on FAC #128 SPIDER-MAN FAR FROM HOME has been scheduled for early February 2020 and for the FAC #127 GHOST IN THE SHELL edition in the second half of February.

The latest approved ROCKETMAN should be numbered FAC #129 and if everything goes well we will combine it for pre-orders together with FAC #127 GHOST IN THE SHELL.

This is a short January / February time plan update. March capacity will be passed to our Slovakian partner of BLACK BARONS where you might be looking forward to great titles as well.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Yours sincerely,
Team FA

Interesting but to me isn’t clear what the outcome will mean for their Disney titles as they know both providers.

Anyone offer a clear summery?

Has anyone had a Filmarena fullslip arrive unnumbered and minus a collector's card (when it's a numbered edition)?

Thanks

Has anyone had a Filmarena fullslip arrive unnumbered and minus a collector's card (when it's a numbered edition)?

Thanks

It shouldn't be. Have you bought it direct or from some eBay seller? Could be a reseal if from eBay. There are unfortunately some sellers who do that and you should confront them. If it's from FA direct then you should contact them and see what they are willing to do to fix it for you.

Reactions: Loony_Tic
It shouldn't be. Have you bought it direct or from some eBay seller? Could be a reseal if from eBay. There are unfortunately some sellers who do that and you should confront them. If it's from FA direct then you should contact them and see what they are willing to do to fix it for you.
Thanks for the reply!

It’s one I bought from eBay. I wondered if it could have been a reseal but you’d still expect it to have the number on the slipcover even if the collectors card was missing.

I did confront the seller and he said it came from FA like it.

I suppose I was most worried about it being counterfeit as I’ve only just started collecting premium steelbooks and aren’t really aware of whatever scams/pitfalls there are!

Thanks for the reply!

It’s one I bought from eBay. I wondered if it could have been a reseal but you’d still expect it to have the number on the slipcover even if the collectors card was missing.

I did confront the seller and he said it came from FA like it.

I suppose I was most worried about it being counterfeit as I’ve only just started collecting premium steelbooks and aren’t really aware of whatever scams/pitfalls there are!

If you share more info about the edition, maybe we can help you with more info. Unnumbered ones are usually without a slip and just have the j-card for info/credits. Are you talking about that or about a slipbox...?

If you share more info about the edition, maybe we can help you with more info. Unnumbered ones are usually without a slip and just have the j-card for info/credits. Are you talking about that or about a slipbox...?
It’s a Thor Ragnarok hardbox - both the box and the slipcovers inside are missing the numbers (and the slips the collectors cards). I noticed the hardbox was missing a number when it arrived but having not had one before I assumed it was normal!

It’s a Thor Ragnarok hardbox - both the box and the slipcovers inside are missing the numbers (and the slips the collectors cards). I noticed the hardbox was missing a number when it arrived but having not had one before I assumed it was normal!

Can you take a look at this thread, see the images in the OP (first post) and see if everything else is there? The hard box was a gift when buying both editions by the way.

@paulboland since you got that edition, was your hard box numbered at the bottom like they usually are?

Can you take a look at this thread, see the images in the OP (first post) and see if everything else is there? The hard box was a gift when buying both editions by the way.

@paulboland since you got that edition, was your hard box numbered at the bottom like they usually are?
Thanks!

I haven’t opened the slipcovers but can see that they’ve got the booklet and steelbook in them. They’ve also got the card backing that the collectors card would normally be attached to.

Reactions: IRON MAN

Hardbox is numbered underneath

The Slips inside the hardbox have the numbered cards on the back of each jcard