Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I think quite a few people waiting for jw2, I haven't heard any news yet, but I'm hoping that's because they are spending a lot of time on the artworks. Just hope that they do a maniacs boxset to match the first!

Yea I think quite a few people waiting for jw2, I haven't heard any news yet, but I'm hoping that's because they are spending a lot of time on the artworks. Just hope that they do a maniacs boxset to match the first!

Probably FA is waiting for a good price on the discs...I thought those UBER sized shoeboxes were a thing of the past

Probably FA is waiting for a good price on the discs...I thought those UBER sized shoeboxes were a thing of the past

Yea jw1 was a big box, I haven't seen the new smaller maniacs boxes, a la revenant and logan, in hand but they look a lot smaller. Which for me is an OCD thing as I would like both boxes the same size and style for consistency sake, but looks like will have to just settle for the same retailer which I can live with. All assumption in my part here don't even know if they planning a maniacs box. Fingers crossed.

Yea jw1 was a big box, I haven't seen the new smaller maniacs boxes, a la revenant and logan, in hand but they look a lot smaller. Which for me is an OCD thing as I would like both boxes the same size and style for consistency sake, but looks like will have to just settle for the same retailer which I can live with. All assumption in my part here don't even know if they planning a maniacs box. Fingers crossed.
You may (or may not :LOL:) find it interesting that the newer, smaller maniacs boxes are 38% of the volume of the first huge maniacs boxes.

L x W x H (cm)
33.7 x 21.6 x 17.0 - 1st generation (John Wick, Terminator Genisys)
19.5 x 16.0 x 15.2 - 2nd generation (The Revenant, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation)

No idea what will happen with John Wick 2.

It would be neat to have a box of the same size as the JW1 box, on the other hand those huge boxes are major consumers of space (especially considering how large part of the content is just filler foam).

You may (or may not :LOL:) find it interesting that the newer, smaller maniacs boxes are 38% of the volume of the first huge maniacs boxes.

L x W x H (cm)
33.7 x 21.6 x 17.0 - 1st generation (John Wick, Terminator Genisys)
19.5 x 16.0 x 15.2 - 2nd generation (The Revenant, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation)

No idea what will happen with John Wick 2.

It would be neat to have a box of the same size as the JW1 box, on the other hand those huge boxes are major consumers of space (especially considering how large part of the content is just filler foam).

Oh thank you for that very usful information!! They are a lot smaller arn't they!?

I know what you mean, the first JW box I really thought that the poster, mug, t-shirt and other extras would have been inside the box, I was shocked that they were all sepereate and I'm sure they could have fit them in there LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
FilmArena for their FAC have changed their shipping packaging for the worse.

FAC Editions used to be well and carefully packaged in plenty of soft Bubble Wrap and Cardboard at each end of the box for reinforcement. Now they have moved towards hard Styrofoam that have been made to fit the FAC edition but it is rough on the shrink wrap, the FAC edition is simply put into this cutout piece of Styrofoam to fit...any hit to the box I am afraid would damage the edition.

Film Arena Facebook
Posted by Jan from Film Arena

Dear collectors,

before we start the next round of pre-orders, I have several updates to the FAC plan for you.

I'll start by introducing 3 titles that you can pre-order from next week. As usual, collectors who hold a still collector's number in the range that covers the limitation of the title will start on Monday. The loose copies go to free sale on Thursday 5, where all customers will be able to buy them.

Into Monday pre-orders, after long waiting times, coming two Universal Studio titles MINIONS and UNBROKEN will be featured with exclusive WEA steelworks. Both steelbooks are awaiting their release for a long time, as we have been discussing the editions and materials we have acquired for them. It was not easy, but the win for us is that we can sell at least one edition of each movie.

Warner titles (Batman in Superman, Suicide Squad, The Accountant, Lego Batman, KONG) will hopefully manage to finish over the next year. The same thing we believe will be with the titles of Paramount (FORREST GUMP, ALLIED, GHOST IN THE SHELL). We believe that the second and third may surprise you this year.

The PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN edition is still with the Johnny Depp's team without any background information.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. unfortunately does not report any messages since the last update of E2.

You are very excited and tense about BOX FAST AND FURIOUS 1 - 7 and how the individual editions will look like. We will continue to straighten you because after we have received the materials and instructions, we have to rebuild the individual fullslips. So we are postponing the introduction to the second half of October rescheduling pre-orders to December 2017. We would like to release the BOX in the middle of January 2018. Once again I remind you that FF8 EDITION 2 will be offered first to all customers who buys the box, that means it is unlikely thea E2 gets in free sale. But we have a full-featured alternative in the form of FF8 EDITION 1, which is designed for all collectors who want to continue in their FF collection.

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING is another WEA exclusive title after Logan and Covenant, which we have been preparing for you. We want to show you all the editions next week. Today, we'll tease you a bit. At the end of October, we start pre-orders on SMH and start of shipping is timelined by the end of November.

The next WEA exclusive title in the row is PROMETHEUS, whose introduction and launch of pre-orders we plan by the end of January 2018, expedition is planned by the end of February.

On January 2018, we are preparing another title with a WWA generic steelbook, which we are going to show you, once we get the information that the edition is officially approved.

After PROMETHEUS we are getting to WAR OF THE PLANET APES, whose WEA exclusive steelbook was officially approved yesterday.

Finally, let me just give you a glimpse of what an awesome opportuninty we have prepared for you in connection with the exclusive SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING title. For the time being, FAC did not have the opportunity to offer a follow-up jigsaw puzzle that fit perfectly into each other. This great three-character banner gave us this fantastic opportunity and we did not hesitate.

We wish that FAC titles keep you always happy.
HC for FA Team

22154492_1527743580675946_422089888651123117_n.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Danzigg1979
sorry to go slightly off topic but what is the shipping cost for shipping 2 FAC's to Europe? is it 330 CZK or is it 480 CZK?

I believe it all now depends on which FAC's you are getting because some recent releases are getting heavier. The example I saw was that Punisher and Hellboy FAC's went over the 1kg limit for the cheaper shipping. That said, I got the Alien Covenant FAC E3 and an un-numbered copy of Spiderman with lenticular for the cheapest shipping.

Best bet I think would be to ask @Collector03601 what shipping would be for the two FAC's you are interested in.

I believe it all now depends on which FAC's you are getting because some recent releases are getting heavier. The example I saw was that Punisher and Hellboy FAC's went over the 1kg limit for the cheaper shipping. That said, I got the Alien Covenant FAC E3 and an un-numbered copy of Spiderman with lenticular for the cheapest shipping.

Best bet I think would be to ask @Collector03601 what shipping would be for the two FAC's you are interested in.
Thanks for the answer :thumbs: We already discussed shipping options with @Vaako so all good ;)

It is indeed harder to find the best shipping options since FACs are getting only heavier, hence only 1x FAC in the lower shipping rate (before it was two). Different scenario is when you have a UNnumbered edition which is just a regular steelbook with lenti magnet and weights less than FAC, there are different options there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vaako and TheJoker
How are Filmarena on returns? I order a Blade 2049 from them. While nicely packaged like they normally are... the disc is loose and moving around inside. Was gonna just open it... but looked at my credit card bill and noticed how much I actually paid for it! So... like to return it. Anyone have stories on their attempt to return for credit or replacement?

And for those who can't see the above:

"Dear collectors,

by the end of May 2018, we are gradually moving to the GDPR, defining the rules between the seller and the buyer, especially in the area of sending commercial communications and handling personal data.

We have already launched the first wave of requests for your consent to receive commercial communications according to the relevant EU standards. If you grant us your consent, you will continue to receive regular updates on news, pre-orders, and discounts or actions. If you do not give us your approval, we will not be able to send you a newsletter from the FA e-shop without it.

Best Regards,
JC for the FA Team"

How long does it normally take for them to ship stuff? I ordered on Friday evening and paid same time, so this should have been picked up on Monday. Item is in stock, but so far the status is still only set to Order accepted. If it's still not shipped tomorrow I'll try to get in contact with them, but I'm just curious what experience you guys have with this. I'm in the UK in case it makes a difference.