Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
In planning (confirmed) for 2017

1/ Jurassic Park 1-3, qty 801
2/ The Magnificent Seven (2016), qty 1001
3/ Creed, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & E3 HBFS qty 301
4/ Forrest Gump, E1 qty 1001, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS 501 & E4 SC qty 351.
5/ The Jungle Book, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & E3 HBFS qty 351.
6/ Warcraft (2 versions of Steelbook, BB possibly running E2 and contributing to E3 HBFS)
7/ Unbroken, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS qty 501, E4 SC qty 351.
8/ Miss Peregrines for peculiar children, qty 1001.
9/ Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501, E3 HBFS qty 351.
10/ Minions, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751 & E3 HBFS qty 501.
11/ Suicide Squad, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & HBFS qty 351.
12/ Star Trek Beyond (2 versions of Steelbook, Black Barons possibly running E2 and contributing to E3 HBFS), E1 qty 1001, E2 qty 1001, E3 HBFS qty 501.
13/ Child 44, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS qty 501 & E4 SC 351.
14/ The Shawshank Redemption
15/ Deepwater Horizon

Possible Additions (awaiting approval)
-The Accountant
-Hacksaw Ridge (WEA)
-The Nice Guys (WEA)
-Arrival
-Expendables 3
-Predator
-Fight Club
-Terminator 2
-Papillon
-John Wick 2
-The Thing-
The Fast and The Furious 1-7
-Dirty Dancing
-Backdraft

(Jason Bourne FAC is cancelled)

Mmmm, that's going to be a busy January :naughty::whistle:

But seriously folks, massive overkill on so many titles. And no doubt the 351s will end up as 501's after the event (again)
Plus the Fast and Furious 1-7 box set is redundant (unless they make space for No. 8 onwards)

Saddest of all King Kong has disappeared from sight! :(

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: luke98
Mmmm, that's going to be a busy January :naughty::whistle:

But seriously folks, massive overkill on so many titles. And no doubt the 351s will end up as 501's after the event (again)
Plus the Fast and Furious 1-7 box set is redundant (unless they make space for No. 8 onwards)

Saddest of all King Kong has disappeared from sight! :(

Well the box might be redundant but then doing full slips for fast and furious 1-6 as they did 7 already is a must to complete the series. Also disappointed King Kong is gone would also like to see the second ghost rider to again complete the set. Luckily these in planning isn't just for January hopefully they spread them out over a few months as January and feb with all the xmen is gonna be hard on our wallets already lol

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Well the box might be redundant but then doing full slips for fast and furious 1-6 as they did 7 already is a must to complete the series. Also disappointed King Kong is gone would also like to see the second ghost rider to again complete the set. Luckily these in planning isn't just for January hopefully they spread them out over a few months as January and feb with all the xmen is gonna be hard on our wallets already lol

Agree that FF 1-6 in separate FAC is a must; but box is superfluous and no use now 8 is coming.
Ghost Rider2 - yeah, for the sake of completion.

And, also for the sake of completion, let's not forget T2 is a must.

But no King Kong after all the promises :(

Hopefully they will see fit to spread payment for the X-men and not swoop on us in one fell swoop.

As for the planned ones - if they all happen in the first 2 or 3 months then I imagine many will shy away for obvious reasons.

In planning (confirmed) for 2017

1/ Jurassic Park 1-3, qty 801
2/ The Magnificent Seven (2016), qty 1001
3/ Creed, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & E3 HBFS qty 301
4/ Forrest Gump, E1 qty 1001, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS 501 & E4 SC qty 351.
5/ The Jungle Book, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & E3 HBFS qty 351.
6/ Warcraft (2 versions of Steelbook, BB possibly running E2 and contributing to E3 HBFS)
7/ Unbroken, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS qty 501, E4 SC qty 351.
8/ Miss Peregrines for peculiar children, qty 1001.
9/ Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501, E3 HBFS qty 351.
10/ Minions, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751 & E3 HBFS qty 501.
11/ Suicide Squad, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & HBFS qty 351.
12/ Star Trek Beyond (2 versions of Steelbook, Black Barons possibly running E2 and contributing to E3 HBFS), E1 qty 1001, E2 qty 1001, E3 HBFS qty 501.
13/ Child 44, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS qty 501 & E4 SC 351.
14/ The Shawshank Redemption
15/ Deepwater Horizon

Possible Additions (awaiting approval)
-The Accountant
-Hacksaw Ridge (WEA)
-The Nice Guys (WEA)
-Arrival
-Expendables 3
-Predator
-Fight Club
-Terminator 2
-Papillon
-John Wick 2
-The Thing-
The Fast and The Furious 1-7
-Dirty Dancing
-Backdraft

(Jason Bourne FAC is cancelled)

That is a serious list!! Glad they still are thinking about "The Thing", and I thought "Fight Club" was confirmed and going to be WEA as well? I actually hope they don't do any more Marvel films, I'm happy with getting those from Blufans and Nova, don't need to triple dip those as well. But apart from 14 titles on this list and Marvel/DC releases from other retailers that's all I'll be going for in 2017 to try and cut down spending :sick: Gotta try and limit the boxsets and 1-clicks too :banghead: At least Jurassic park 1-3 looks like it is going to be 1 release and not 3 which is good :thumbs:

Just had to email FA as I've just logged into my account to find that my collectible number has changed from high 600s to 1500+ no warning and no email to say it's happened or why. Hope to get a response from them to explain.

Last edited:
Just had to email FA as I've just logged into my account to find that my collectible number has changed from high 600s to 1500+ no warning and no email to say it's happened or why. Hope to get a response from them to explain.

Did you miss declining one of the recent preorders?

Nope hadn't missed any accepts or rejects. Here's the reply I received this morning from FA:

Dear Sir,

we are very sorry but only customer whi collects all cans have low number.

S pozdravem / Best Regards,

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz

So if you have a lowish (although I wouldn't call 694 low going by the number of 501qty releases they've done recently) collectible number then you have to buy everything they offer you or they'll take the number away.
They obviously don't want my money for f**k em they're not getting any more of it. Spent nearly £1800 on their site this year and I get treated like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Nope hadn't missed any accepts or rejects. Here's the reply I received this morning from FA:

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz

So if you have a lowish (although I wouldn't call 694 low going by the number of 501qty releases they've done recently) collectible number then you have to buy everything they offer you or they'll take the number away.
They obviously don't want my money for f**k em they're not getting any more of it. Spent nearly £1800 on their site this year and I get treated like that.
Sorry to hear that... but why bother buying direct? Join Karel's GB's and cut out dealing with FA themselves ;)

Because it was cheaper to buy direct. But from now on they won't be getting any of my money either direct or through GBs

That's wierd as there website says you don't have to order everything and all you need to do is make sure you decline them. Have you talked to Jan over at the Facebook group he seems to be very informative with film arena maybe he can shed some more light on the issue as that just seems like a generic response they send

From Jan over at FAC Nation

Dear collectors,

let me thank you for your support to the FAC in 2016.

We have had a second year of FAC. Another year in which so much has happened and that was very rich. We are very happy that we could share it together with you.

It was a year in which we significantly moved closer to almost all studios. We appreciate all opportunities that we got. We could have offered you more exclusive products, such as LOVE, ROSIE, SABOTAGE, or SICARIO or DREDD.

It was a year when we started cooperation with Disney, which was a long time reluctant to release steelbooks in czechoslovak market.

It was a year when we established closer cooperation with the studio FOX and after Elektra we were authorized to work with The Fantastic Four or superstrong Deadpool, where we proudly created the best editions worldwide. Acknowledgements belongs to them also for X-Men series.

It was a year in which we achieved after x years to bring for Czechoslovak market very expected Forrest Gump on Blu-ray. If we collectively did not enter into this batch, the title would have probably never came in Czechoslovakia. I speak often for the Czechoslovak community because of one the reason why FAC started, was to bring to CZ/SK premium products that would have never been released in our countries. Foreign collectors may be smiling, but this is true. And we try to follow these targets step by step. We would love to assist in obtaining other titles from Paramount like Saving Private Ryan or The Godfather. I do not want to anticipate, however, as you certainly know, it's a long run.

For future within the FAC and BLACK BARONS we will increase the pressure on better selection of titles. I believe that the selection of titles such as DON'T BREATHE, The Magnificent Seven, THE SHALLOWS, THE HUNTSMAN, WARCRAFT, THE ACCOUNTANT, ALLIES, MOANA were good choices.

We also continue to improve FAC elements. You are writing to me about improving Photobook binding, for example. You'd like cards in a small envelope or something more high-end. You also want a small gift out of the edition. About all that we think and we want to try.

We are very pleased that we were finally able to offer you a worldwide 3D lenticular depth effect. Although not by much, we still want to try to raise the bar here.

I believe that after finishing Warner titles CREED, BVS, SUICIDE SQUAD and THE ACCOUNTANT our schedule could get slower. Early after the New Year we are prepared to send the approval to Disney with 3 finished concepts of editions THE JUNGLE BOOK.
STAR TREK BEYOND is also ready to be presented to Paramount.

Next year we are getting ready again some of WEAs. We reached for great and visually verified titles such as Deepwater Horizon, HACKSAW RIDGE. We wish and get approval to WEA steelbook THE NICE GUYS and we want to tighten THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.

We now look forward to a few days of rest, recharging energy for new challenges and competition in World League. We can not benefit from the strong economy or the latest technology. What we can do is to use our hearts and we believe this is the best engine.

I would like to wish everyone a beautiful and peaceful Christmas and if we are in the group did not meet between the holidays, and also a successful start to 2017 :)

JC for FA

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz

Boohoo Wendy Booh...

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie