Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the main point is, that they dont refund my money from my cancellation. Because of that i read their TOS and find this 1% thing + shipping fees. And then they treat me like they do.

They act against their own TOS, give a **** about our buyers contract. Great.

Not only that. Someone in another forum correctly says this is competitive advantage to other sellers when you offer things in your TOS and dont fullfill that. So in the future you can write anything in your TOS but do nothing from these things.

Hey when you buy for 100 Euro you get 50 Euro back. Now you buy for 100 Euro and when you ask them about your 50 Euro they tell you: Ey scum dont talk to us, you dont get your 50 Euro. Leave us alone. You can cancel your order if you want.But hey, you dont get back your 100 Euro, NOOOOOOO this is going to your customer account.

And there will still be people who applaud and tell others: Hey what are you talking about this is Filmarena they make great releases. OUTCH!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point he is making is that they won't refund his money back to his card , quoting their terms and conditions, but when he quotes their t&c's back to them, they won't honour them.
Wow that's arrogance beyond belief.

It would seem the power is going to FA's head and their true colours showing in this situation. They don't care as they know they will have no problem shifting the item either way. It doesn't show them in a good light at all.

@Maggo991 I'd be interested to hear what outcome comes of this (if any)

Best to post it in the retailer thread though :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
So,

i got the answer why they dont want to return my money to my credit card.

we are truly sorry but the rules of Czech National bank does not allow to return the money to Your credit card. As for transfer, there are very high transfer fees and that's why we're not unfortunately able to send the back like this.

Sorry but this is bullshit! It is the first time, that i hear that a bank takes fees for returning money. But even when, I answered them and quoted their Terms & Condition which say clearly:

4. ORDER CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION OF CONTRACT

The buyer is entitled to cancel the contract anytime before delivery.

The seller is obligated to repay the buyer in full amount for the cost of goods and the cost of its delivery within 14 days from withdrawal, in the same way as received payment from the buyer.

I got this as answer:

You wanted to cancel teh order so You have to pay transfer fees.

Aha, first of all, again very kindly answer and i think they forgot, that i had to cancel this order because of the delay. Who have delayed the item? Hmm....
And even if i want to cancel the item for fun, there are no bank fees and again even when that is not my problem.

But even if i want to pay that fees i never get the chance. They put the money as credit to my account and since then i didnt hear anything from them. No answers anymore.

They are clearly betraying their customers.

So,

i got the answer why they dont want to return my money to my credit card.

Sorry but this is bullshit! It is the first time, that i hear that a bank takes fees for returning money. But even when, I answered them and quoted their Terms & Condition which say clearly:

I got this as answer:

Aha, first of all, again very kindly answer and i think they forgot, that i had to cancel this order because of the delay. Who have delayed the item? Hmm....
And even if i want to cancel the item for fun, there are no bank fees and again even when that is not my problem.

But even if i want to pay that fees i never get the chance. They put the money as credit to my account and since then i didnt hear anything from them.
Still going strong :thumbs:

Yes of course, i am no idiot like some other people who fallen in love with FA and let they do everything they want ;)

To make fun out of it that a firm steals money seems that not everything is really fresh in your head. Your devotion for Filmarena is scary. It seems that it is already morbid.

Otherwise this is not explicable.

Last edited:
Yes of course, i am no idiot like some other people who fallen in love with FA and let they do everything they want ;)

To make fun out of it that a firm steals money seems that not everything is really fresh in your head. Your devotion for Filmarena is scary. It seems that it is already morbid.

Otherwise this is not explicable.
Keep your psychological science for yourself. If you are going to name and shame other members you are in the wrong place my friend... yes I am a fan boy of FA but at least I don't spend hours wining and posting about issues I have with retailers. You made your point. Just keep away from FA in the future. This will give another (serious) collector more chance to get one.....

Keep your psychological science for yourself. If you are going to name and shame other members you are in the wrong place my friend... yes I am a fan boy of FA but at least I don't spend hours wining and posting about issues I have with retailers. You made your point. Just keep away from FA in the future. This will give another (serious) collector more chance to get one.....

Man, you see in which thread you are? This is the FA Retailer Thread. So where else should i post things about this retailer? And people who are not Fanboys may find that interesting.
So if you have a problem about posts about this retailer, maybe you keep out of this thread if the only thing you have in mind is to provoke.

About the "serious" collector. So you think i am not a serious collector because i canceled an order which was delayed and tell the people here what happened? Jesus! :notworthy:

Man, you see in which thread you are? This is the FA Retailer Thread. So where else should i post things about this retailer? And people who are not Fanboys may find that interesting.
So if you have a problem about posts about this retailer, maybe you keep out of this thread if the only thing you have in mind is to provoke.

About the "serious" collector. So you think i am not a serious collector because i canceled an order which was delayed and tell the people here what happened? Jesus! :notworthy:
Are you finished?

All my film arena emails are coming in Czech , how do I change it so I get my emails in english?

I think I keep getting an invoice for a steelbook I've already paid for (Cloverfield)
EDIT: Okay I translated it on google, it's actually just a receipt.

Would be great if you guys had english versions of the emails :D

Last edited:
In planning (confirmed) for 2017

1/ Jurassic Park 1-3, qty 801
2/ The Magnificent Seven (2016), qty 1001
3/ Creed, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & E3 HBFS qty 301
4/ Forrest Gump, E1 qty 1001, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS 501 & E4 SC qty 351.
5/ The Jungle Book, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & E3 HBFS qty 351.
6/ Warcraft (2 versions of Steelbook, BB possibly running E2 and contributing to E3 HBFS)
7/ Unbroken, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS qty 501, E4 SC qty 351.
8/ Miss Peregrines for peculiar children, qty 1001.
9/ Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501, E3 HBFS qty 351.
10/ Minions, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751 & E3 HBFS qty 501.
11/ Suicide Squad, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 501 & HBFS qty 351.
12/ Star Trek Beyond (2 versions of Steelbook, Black Barons possibly running E2 and contributing to E3 HBFS), E1 qty 1001, E2 qty 1001, E3 HBFS qty 501.
13/ Child 44, E1 qty 751, E2 qty 751, E3 HBFS qty 501 & E4 SC 351.
14/ The Shawshank Redemption
15/ Deepwater Horizon

Possible Additions (awaiting approval)
-The Accountant
-Hacksaw Ridge (WEA)
-The Nice Guys (WEA)
-Arrival
-Expendables 3
-Predator
-Fight Club
-Terminator 2
-Papillon
-John Wick 2
-The Thing-
The Fast and The Furious 1-7
-Dirty Dancing
-Backdraft

(Jason Bourne FAC is cancelled)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
Upcoming Titles
BB004 - THE HUNTSMAN: Winter’s War - 1001 copies - in preparation
Planned:
SHALLOWS - 751 copies - in preparation
WARCRAFT - 751 copies E2, 500 copies in HardBox FullSlip (cooperation on FAC project)
STAR TREK: Beyond - xxx copies E2, xxx copies in HardBox FullSlip (cooperation on FAC project)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlexMacOl
Yeah a shame what's worse is Doctor Strange and Rogue One were turned down, Jan said they are trying to get Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.

Rogue one was Turned down also ? Nova should get this though.

I hope at least they will get GOTG Vol.2 but to my recollection they never got a Marvel Release :dunno: Marvel are not easy to work with I heard from someone dealing with them to get Steelbook Approval. It's Their way or the Highway.

Well let's hope the Disney doors stay open should help them open up those marvel doors as well. Maybe get some Wea steels for marvel would be awesome but of course that would take a year for them to allow it so it wouldn't interfere with the initial release sales

Rogue one was Turned down also ? Nova should get this though.

I hope at least they will get GOTG Vol.2 but to my recollection they never got a Marvel Release :dunno: Marvel are not easy to work with I heard from someone dealing with them to get Steelbook Approval. It's Their way or the Highway.
I agree it is a shame, especially as in my opinion they do a really great Job and if they were to get back catalogue titles like Iron Man I'd probably buy them, hopefully with Moana and Jungle Book Marvel will see the great work they do.

I agree it is a shame, especially as in my opinion they do a really great Job and if they were to get back catalogue titles like Iron Man I'd probably buy them, hopefully with Moana and Jungle Book Marvel will see the great work they do.

Oh no not another Iron Man :blackeye:

I am actually ok with them not getting Marvel Titles as it is. Too Many in Circulation between Nova, Kimchi and Blufans...not counting the WWA Steelbooks.

Last edited: