Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from FilmArena & have been given Collectible Number 1118.

I know thats pretty high considering some of the editions are only limited to 700 & so on, if another number holder loses their spot or whatever, do the numbers go down or are you stuck on the number you're given forever?

Also, how does it work, when a new release comes up do you get an email about it & an option to opt in or opt out of buying the release?

Sorry for the questions, bit of a noob in all this!
Hi :) 1118 isn't that bad! My first collectible number was 1513. Indeed you're going to miss out some great releases but you can always get them through here at the GB's ;)

A couple of months ago I received a new number, 118. So if you're patient and follow their rules you will be 'rewarded' :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Strangerbyday
Hi :) 1118 isn't that bad! My first collectible number was 1513. Indeed you're going to miss out some great releases but you can always get them through here at the GB's ;)

A couple of months ago I received a new number, 118. So if you're patient and follow their rules you will be 'rewarded' :thumbs:

Yeah, so far I've been getting FA releases through the GB's here. As someone who had a high number, is better to just stick with the GB's or try my luck on the FA site when things go up for preorder?

I would also stick with the gbs. As if you miss out here and then can't get in the waiting list in time at fa your out of luck. Depending on what exactly you are going for I'd mail them again about getting out on the lower collectible number waiting list expecially if you are trying to collect all of the ones that come out. Or most of them. Let them know that as well.

How does this actually work with FAC. I clicked I want to buy for some of the dredds when they went live on their site and last week I was invoiced for them. With pre-orders only going live today I thougth I would clarify something here.

To the best of my knowledge I don't have a collectible number yet either. Out of interest, would be keen to know how long a lot of you waited for you number.

I've been on the Liverpool season ticket waiting list for over 10 years, so hopefully this wobnt be the same!

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited:
I would also stick with the gbs. As if you miss out here and then can't get in the waiting list in time at fa your out of luck. Depending on what exactly you are going for I'd mail them again about getting out on the lower collectible number waiting list expecially if you are trying to collect all of the ones that come out. Or most of them. Let them know that as well.

They emailed me last week asking if I was interested in collecting every edition of every release or just some editions & I responded saying I'm mainly interested in full slips & probably wouldn't be interested in everything they release but I listed the ones I've bought so far, so that might have something to do with the higher number.

Now that Dredd is up for preorder, I went on the site but there's no where for me to decline the release or whatever. Do higher numbers still have to do that or is it just a case of clicking "I want to buy" & hoping for the best?

They emailed me last week asking if I was interested in collecting every edition of every release or just some editions & I responded saying I'm mainly interested in full slips & probably wouldn't be interested in everything they release but I listed the ones I've bought so far, so that might have something to do with the higher number.

Now that Dredd is up for preorder, I went on the site but there's no where for me to decline the release or whatever. Do higher numbers still have to do that or is it just a case of clicking "I want to buy" & hoping for the best?

You only have to decline editions whe. Your number falls within the amount produced example number 32 is mine and so if they make more than that I would have to decline any and all that I didn't want before the preorder went live for everyone as collectavle numbers get a week beforehand. Personally you technically don't have to buy every edition to keep your number but you do have to decline them. However when they are giving out lower collectable numbers they do tend to see if your someone who is collecting them all or not. So you prob got a number that was the lowest at the time but they were prob asking you if you collect them all or not to maybe keep you in mind for one that comes even lower.

• Thanks
Reactions: Strangerbyday
How does this actually work with FAC. I clicked I want to buy for some of the dredds when they went live on their site and last week I was invoiced for them. With pre-orders only going live today I thougth I would clarify something here.

To the best of my knowledge I don't have a collectible number yet either. Out of interest, would be keen to know how long a lot of you waited for you number.

I've been on the Liverpool season ticket waiting list for over 10 years, so hopefully this wobnt be the same!

Cheers,
Marc

I got my first number whe. I bought terminator 3 at 1897. As soon as I requested s collectable number that was the one they gave me. Then I asked for a lower number and about 6-9 months later I got a new lower number. I am however a complestest and have got all but 3 of there editions. Lately I have seen a lot of people give up on collecting that have had low numbers so I think those have been coming available so it dosnt hurt to ask for one and ask for a Lowe tone as well just for reference and my personal opinion can't say it's true or not but numbers under I would say 500 are typically given to people who have most of their collection and or people start My out looking to get most of the collection in the future.

Well, I'll just keep buying what I can and see if that gets me a number.

I'd love a low number, just to take the stress out of pre-ordering ha.

Yeah I know how you feel. Gbs aren't to bad there but if one comes available without warning can be a bit of an issue. Not to mention shipping from film arena to us is exspensive. Why I opt for the gbs collector on a budget lol.

Yeah I know how you feel. Gbs aren't to bad there but if one comes available without warning can be a bit of an issue. Not to mention shipping from film arena to us is exspensive. Why I opt for the gbs collector on a budget lol.

Yeah, Postage from FilmArena isn't to bad for me. It can work out a little cheaper than a GB. Its running the risk that I'd get it directly from FA though.

Congrats mate nice low number should hit every release they do now don't forget to decline the ones you don't want within the still collectable number ordering timeframe otherwise you lose your number

Yeah, I'm over the moon with it.

Going to email them today as I already have an order for FAC #51, so instead of rejecting I'll see if they can assign it to my number.

Karl will do his best to give you the same number each time if you stick with his gbs. I have had the same number from him for the majority of releases even though I don't have a collectible and the person who has the number doesn't buy every release.

Just curious, did you get to buy any direct from FA in the intervening period from 1513 to 118?

Just curious, did you get to buy any direct from FA in the intervening period from 1513 to 118?
Yep. At one time I had put myself on the waiting list for all editions I didn't had. In two weeks time I received more than 20 editions with also some rare/sold out ones like the Martian and amaray's of AASB, Dracula Untold, Mazerunner and the Equalizer. Than I contacted them to ask what the possibility was to get a lower number. After some mails I got the question if I wanted to buy "some" editions or all. I immediately responded that my intention was to buy all releases and so it happened, I got my "you-can-buy-all-now" low number ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Yep. At one time I had put myself on the waiting list for all editions I didn't had. In two weeks time I received more than 20 editions with also some rare/sold out ones like the Martian and amaray's of AASB, Dracula Untold, Mazerunner and the Equalizer. Than I contacted them to ask what the possibility was to get a lower number. After some mails I got the question if I wanted to buy "some" editions or all. I immediately responded that my intention was to buy all releases and so it happened, I got my "you-can-buy-all-now" low number ;)

If I'd thought that was possible I would have got my name down - lucky u getting hold of The Martian at retail. I totally cocked-up on that GB - lol