Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

sunnyx

Premium Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
UK
Reactions
14,247 6 0
FilmArena are doing WEA steelbooks for Predator (1987) , Predator 2 (1990) , Predators (2010) , The Predator (2018)

Order of release
SteelBooks will be set this way 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 (THE PREDATOR - PREDATOR - PREDATOR 2 - PREDATORS)

As in steelbook release of The Predator (2018) followed by Predator (1987) etc
When did FAC annouce they are doing WEA for all the Pred movies?

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Reactions
42,709 29 0
When did FAC annouce they are doing WEA for all the Pred movies?
11 months ago on Facebook
Threads for each release already made

As with all FAC releases details are subject to change

I have asked Jan to confirm if all 4 steelbooks still planned to be WEA
I will post reply when I get it

Last edited:

Lollard2002

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
Belfast
Reactions
2,220 1 0
My problem is that unless it's a 4k steelbook now I've very little interest unless it's an exceptional steel. . We're starting to see classics on 4k now with steelbooks and futurepak. Right now as i said in another thread you get the exclusive rights to say the 1954 War of the Worlds with a 4k / blu-ray steebook and you have a 100% guaranteed winner. The other problem I'm having is that a lot of the steels being announced zero interest. The Original Predator and Alien are the only two of that list that interest me and even then it would have be 4k as I have both now in 4k steels and again they would have to be spectacular steels. I've got too many "steels" with fancy packaging and when I open the packaging find the actual steel a let down. Sorry to be a bit of a downer but so much stuff is coming out now with poor steels you can count on one hand the actual good ones. It's about time our voices were heard loud and clear so we get a good combination of normal steels which are in the public domain so to speak that are good with the likes of hopefully exceptions ones from Film Arena. I use both the Chinese pressing of Lawrence of Arabia and the special edition futurepak of Suspiria as exactly the level of steelbook quality I want.....
Lastly one thing i want to see an end to is seriously limited steels of a film that virtually none gets. So if we are going to get Alien or Predator no "Only 8 copies available, tough titty"
Rant over....