Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Film Arena Facebook
FAC #54 - 59 // PLAN FOR PRE-ORDERS

Dear collectors,

let us kindly inform you briefly about the plan for pre-orders FAC editions, that are coming soon:

FAC # 54 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE // start of pre-orders November 7, 2016 at 10:00 CET // end of pre-orders November 11, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 55 X-MEN: The Last Stand // start of pre-orders November 14, 2016 at 10:00 CET // end of pre-orders November 18, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 56 X-MEN: Origins Wolverine // start of pre-orders November 14, 2016 at 10:00 CET // end of pre-orders November 18, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 57 X-MEN: First Class // start of pre-orders November 21, 2016 at 10:00 am CET // end of pre-orders November 25, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 58 THE WOLVERINE // start of pre-orders November 21, 2016 at 10:00 am CET // end of pre-orders November 25, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 59 X-MEN: Days of Future Past 2BD (Theatrical Cut + Rogue) // start of pre-orders November 28, 2016 at 10:00 am CET // end of pre-orders December 2, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

This plan can be changed.

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

We look forward to your orders.

Team FA

Film Arena Facebook
FAC #54 - 59 // PLAN FOR PRE-ORDERS

Dear collectors,

let us kindly inform you briefly about the plan for pre-orders FAC editions, that are coming soon:

FAC # 54 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE // start of pre-orders November 7, 2016 at 10:00 CET // end of pre-orders November 11, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 55 X-MEN: The Last Stand // start of pre-orders November 14, 2016 at 10:00 CET // end of pre-orders November 18, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 56 X-MEN: Origins Wolverine // start of pre-orders November 14, 2016 at 10:00 CET // end of pre-orders November 18, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 57 X-MEN: First Class // start of pre-orders November 21, 2016 at 10:00 am CET // end of pre-orders November 25, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 58 THE WOLVERINE // start of pre-orders November 21, 2016 at 10:00 am CET // end of pre-orders November 25, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

FAC # 59 X-MEN: Days of Future Past 2BD (Theatrical Cut + Rogue) // start of pre-orders November 28, 2016 at 10:00 am CET // end of pre-orders December 2, 2016 at 10:00 GMT

This plan can be changed.

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

We look forward to your orders.

Team FA

Damn thats a busy schedule!! I feel for Karel right now :dunno:

Does Film Arena leave the "3D" logo off the spine of all 3D FAC releases?

I collect 3D & 4K UHD Blurays almost exclusively and keep them organized separately so my few FAC editions really stand out.

Unfortunately, new problems with Filmarena.

The problem:

I have read their Terms & Conditions (because of an other problem i have with them) and find the following:

3. delivery of goods
If the goods stated "in stock", the seller sends the goods within two working days.

If the seller fails to meet the deadline for delivery or shipment of goods, delivers the goods to the buyer free of charge and provides a discount on the purchase price in the amount of 1%. Other claims of the buyer are not affected.

So... Dredd is in Stock since 28. November 2016. Today, 2nd December 2016 still no delivery notice. So i asked about this 1% refund + shipping fees to add this to my credits. Because this is part of my buying contract. And also yours!

I quote now the messages from me and Simona (Employee @ Filmarena):

Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 9:37 AM
To: Filmarena.cz
Subject: Re: Order: 1622600068

Dear sir or madam,

and what about Dredd? Release date 28.11.2016. Still no delivery?

From your TOS:

3. delivery of goods

If the goods stated "in stock", the seller sends the goods within two working days.

If the seller fails to meet the deadline for delivery or shipment of goods, delivers the goods to the buyer free of charge and provides a discount on the purchase price in the amount of 1%. Other claims of the buyer are not affected.

So, 28.11 in stock + 2 working days = 30.11.2016
Today 02.12.2016 items still not delivered.

So please add also the shipping fees and the 1% to my credits.

Thank you
Marco

----------------------

Dear Sir,

we are sending orders gradually Please be patient.

S pozdravem / Best Regards,

Simona Bezděčíková

Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

-------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 9:49 AM

Dear sir or madam,

yes this is ok but please stick to your own rules (Terms of Service) and add the 1% and the shipping costs as credits to my account.
Are you going to do that?

Thank you
Marco

-----------------------------

Am 02.12.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Filmarena.cz:
Dear Sir,

no, all customers have to wait!! We didn´t say we will send order on release date!! Each time You have to wait for edition after release date.

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

---------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 9:56 AM

No, but you say in your Terms and Service that you will send items within 2 working days when they are in stock. Look at the picture i have attached. The items are in stock since 28.11.2016 and you dont ship it within these 2 days.
You offer your customers if you dont ship within 2 days that you refund the shipping fess and 1% of the amount. No matter if all have to wait, then all of your customers qualify for that 1% and free oh shipping charge.

Now you tell me you are not going to do this? Please tell me the reason why you are not sticking to our buying contract? Your Terms and service are part of our buying contract.

Thanks
Marco

------------------------------------

Am 02.12.2016 um 10:09 schrieb Filmarena.cz <[email protected]>:

Dear Sir,

You are not willing to have this discount. If You don´t want edition we can cancel it.

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

--------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 10:13 AM

Give me the reason. You offer it in your TOS. Why do I not get it. The reason please.

-----------------------------------

Dear Sir,

If You don´t want edition we can cancel it.

Simona Bezděčíková

Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Second thing what happened today was, that i have to cancel The Revenant Hardbox as this was a christmas present and Filmarena delayed it.

From their Terms & Conditions:

4. ORDER CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION OF CONTRACT

The buyer is entitled to cancel the contract anytime before delivery.

The seller is obligated to repay the buyer in full amount for the cost of goods and the cost of its delivery within 14 days from withdrawal, in the same way as received payment from the buyer.

So, i paid with a credit card. But hey, they wont refund to my credit card, only to my account credits. :whistle:

Once again, against their own Terms & Condition and this time also against EU-LAW!

I am really speechless! Could someone please tell me who is the operator of this forum?
I want to get in contact with him and ask him, why such a company, which kicks the customers rights with feets, and laugh in their face are supported here?

Everyone who wants, i can send these emails.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
So please do me a favor, get in contact with them and ask for your 1% and free charge of shipping because this is part of your buying contract with them as it is in their Terms & Conditions.

Also i started a claim at the EU blabla ( i dont know the name anymore but they are always interested in companys who act against the EU-Customer Rights.) I posted the link some time ago.

Also i want to ask the operator of this forum, to ask FA critically what they are doing with their customers and their rights when you supply this company at your forum. I can send you all relevant emails.

It seem to me that if they breaching their terms of service then this is illegal. However I believe that most people wont be bothered by this and wont even claim for this. In this regard, morally, they should give you the credit as it is one out of many customers. Not like eveyone is asking for it and not a massive loss to them. Very bad customer serivice from this point of view.

It is a shame really!! FA be nice to your customers, its not like all of us are claiming for this refund even though we are legally allowed it.

Maybe this should be moved to the FA thread....

Yes, you are right. If the customers want to be treatened like that than this is ok.

But HDN should think about to supply something like that. I have in black and white that they betray their customers. If it is positive for HDN to support them, i dont know ....

I have posted that alread in the FA Thread with another great example how FA betrays their customers (again against their TOS) but i post it here too because the problem was with Dredd.

Last edited:

The problem:

I have read their Terms & Conditions (because of an other problem i have with them) and find the following:

3. delivery of goods

So... Dredd is in Stock since 28. November 2016. Today, 2nd December 2016 still no delivery notice. So i asked about this 1% refund + shipping fees to add this to my credits. Because this is part of my buying contract. And also yours!

Dear sir or madam,

From your TOS:

3. delivery of goods

Thank you
Marco

----------------------

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková

Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Dear sir or madam,

yes this is ok but please stick to your own rules (Terms of Service) and add the 1% and the shipping costs as credits to my account.

Thank you
Marco

Dear Sir,

no, all customers have to wait!! We didn´t say we will send order on release date!! Each time You have to wait for edition after release date.

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

No, but you say in your Terms and Service that you will send items within 2 working days when they are in stock. Look at the picture i have attached. The items are in stock since 28.11.2016 and you dont ship it within these 2 days.
You offer your customers if you dont ship within 2 days that you refund the shipping fess and 1% of the amount. No matter if all have to wait, then all of your customers qualify for that 1% and free oh shipping charge.

Now you tell me you are not going to do this? Please tell me the reason why you are not sticking to our buying contract? Your Terms and service are part of our buying contract.

Thanks
Marco

Dear Sir,

You are not willing to have this discount. If You don´t want edition we can cancel it.

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Give me the reason. You offer it in your TOS. Why do I not get it. The reason please.

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková

Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Second thing what happened today was, that i have to cancel The Revenant Hardbox as this was a christmas present and Filmarena delayed it.

The seller is obligated to repay the buyer in full amount for the cost of goods and the cost of its delivery within 14 days from withdrawal, in the same way as received payment from the buyer.

So, i paid with a credit card. But hey, they wont refund to my credit card, only to my account credits. :whistle:

Once again, against their own Terms & Condition and this time also against EU-LAW!

I am really speechless! Could someone please tell me who is the operator of this forum?
I want to get in contact with him and ask him, why such a company, which kicks the customers rights with feets, and laugh in their face are supported here?

That is a terrible state of affairs.

I would recommend that you first talk to Jan from Film Arena on Facebook. You know the page?
Then contact your Credit Card company and tell them that you have paid for but have not received the goods (Revenant Box) and they will open a dispute and you will be refunded to your account.
Then contact your Financial Services Onbudsman, and lodge a complaint about the ocnduct of FA in this matter.

• Helpful Post

The problem:

3. delivery of goods

Dear sir or madam,

From your TOS:

3. delivery of goods

Thank you
Marco

----------------------

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková

Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Dear sir or madam,

Thank you
Marco

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Thanks
Marco

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková
Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

Dear Sir,

Simona Bezděčíková

Filmarena.cz
[email protected]

WOW.... All that effort for 1% discount?!? :bag:

You dont get it right?

First they dont refund my money to my credit card. This is alo ok for you, hm? This is why i start to read their Terms & Conditions.

Then i saw this with the 1% and shipping fees. I ordered all 5 editions. 1% of that is not bad + shipping fees. This is nearly 20 Euro. Why shouldnt i ask for it?
But even if it was 1 Euro, if you like to get betrayed than this is your problem. ;)

That is a terrible state of affairs.

I would recommend that you first talk to Jan from Film Arena on Facebook. You know the page?
Then contact your Credit Card company and tell them that you have paid for but have not received the goods (Revenant Box) and they will open a dispute and you will be refunded to your account.
Then contact your Financial Services Onbudsman, and lodge a complaint about the ocnduct of FA in this matter.

Yes, i already get in contact with my credit card firm. I hope they can do something as paying date was in august. Also i complaint against FA at http://ec.europa.eu/

You dont get it right?

First they dont refund my money to my credit card. This is alo ok for you, hm? This is why i start to read their Terms & Conditions.

Then i saw this with the 1% and shipping fees. I ordered all 5 editions. 1% of that is not bad + shipping fees. This is nearly 20 Euro. Why shouldnt i ask for it?
But even if it was 1 Euro, if you like to get betrayed than this is your problem. ;)
I sure do understand it, but to write this 'story' in several threads before you even spoke to Jan about YOUR issue is a little bit :meh: And using the word 'betrayed' is a little bit harsh don't you think? Some of us had to wait more than a year to get JW maniac box, that's life and you could've known these things happen (with almost all premium retailers) Why do you want to be ref
You dont get it right?

No I don't understand.... All this because Dredd isn't send out yet? A lot of members wish they had put in a order and didn't missed out on it.... So better cancel your order to make somebody (patient) else happy :rofl:

It is not only these 1% also the shipping fees. if you have that much money please send me this 20 Euro. Is Paypal ok for you?
Second thing is, i can speak to Jan (i dont know him but ok) but isnt the first place to get in contact the website itself?

It seems that talking to some people (i dont use the word fanboy, NO!!!) does not make so much sense. because for they everything is ok what firm xyz is doing. Even not to refund money or to violate contracts and speak to customers in a manner which is riciculous. Eeeeverythiiiing is ok. ;)

P.S. Using the word betraying is completely right. Becasue what they do is betraying. They held my money and dont refund although they say they will do in their TOS (The Revenant). They dont refund the shipping costs and this 1% although this is in their TOS and therefor in our buying contract (Dredd).

How will you call this?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
thats a nonsensical ToS clause they probably just have forgotten to delete.. refund of international shipping cost would most likely ruin their business model..

i would always consider the circumstances and never claim something only because I'm "legally" entitled to

I had to cancel in the past 2 years orders at Kimchi, Plain Archive, Novamedia and Mantalab. Without any problems i got my money back, and not some credits to an account. No i got my money back. And still i can order their.

thats a nonsensical ToS clause they probably just have forgotten to delete.. refund of international shipping cost would most likely ruin their business model..

i would always consider the circumstances and never claim something only because I'm "legally" entitled to
That'd be my guess. A lot of these smaller sites/companies just pull their ToS from other businesses to use as a template. It's sloppy, but not at all uncommon for such a small operation.

In this case, I'd think honoring the terms in Maggo991's case would be appropriate (without costing them an arm and a leg) and then they could quietly pull the clause from their ToS. It would've avoided this little dust up, anyhow.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012

I think the point he is making is that they won't refund his money back to his card , quoting their terms and conditions, but when he quotes their t&c's back to them, they won't honour them.