Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
How did they already order an Edge of Tomorrow steelbook (an exclusive one?), with a UHD disc to boot. There's no UHD release yet. Do they know something we don't?

what-do-you-know-franky-four-fingers.gif

Reactions: jaws finatic
Hello fellow collectors. I was trying to find some information online to no avail so wondering if someone can help me?

Has anyone from the UK ordered directly from filmarena post brexit for an amount over £135? If so were you met with additional charges? I know it has all changed due to brexit so I am looking for an idea of what I would be paying for a maniacs collectors box now, the box is £172 plus shipping, but am I correct in thinking I could be slapped with more fees of an unknown amount due to import taxes, custom fees etc?

Hello fellow collectors. I was trying to find some information online to no avail so wondering if someone can help me?

Has anyone from the UK ordered directly from filmarena post brexit for an amount over £135? If so were you met with additional charges? I know it has all changed due to brexit so I am looking for an idea of what I would be paying for a maniacs collectors box now, the box is £172 plus shipping, but am I correct in thinking I could be slapped with more fees of an unknown amount due to import taxes, custom fees etc?
Hi @Bizl
I did get charged for the BTTF maniacs set as they don’t inc VAT in the prices to the UK. when you log into your account the pice slightly differs for UK sales as they will take off VAT so I got hit £50 on delivery. However that set was more than the set your quoting so should be lower. But the worse thing is the £11 management charge from DHL for sorting it.

hope that helps

Reactions: Bizl
Hello @snow flake and thank you for your reply. So I have since learned about the removal of VAT at checkout when ordering. I believe it is payed on arrival as you mentioned and is now referred to as import VAT, am I correct in thinking that the £11 you payed to DHL is the referred to as the handling fee? So in total you payed an additional £61 on arrival, and I assume DHL collect on delivery? If so that is not as bad as I initially thought, what I did have concern about was custom and import fees, but I have since read that they are not applied if the product is of EU origin.
Hi @Bizl
I did get charged for the BTTF maniacs set as they don’t inc VAT in the prices to the UK. when you log into your account the pice slightly differs for UK sales as they will take off VAT so I got hit £50 on delivery. However that set was more than the set your quoting so should be lower. But the worse thing is the £11 management charge from DHL for sorting it.

hope that helps

Hi @Bizl
sorry the bill was £59.87 in total for import duty / tax payment, this included the DHL handling charge .
I was notified by dhl to pay 1 day before delivery and I paid online via their site.
Hope that helps

Reactions: Bizl

Hi @Bizl

hope that helps
Thank you for asking this and the answer, I had the same question to ask as I'm just about to place an order with Filmarena. Absolute mess these days ordering from the EU after England made the wonderful decision to cut all that red tape and extra cost.... oh wait. I guess we got our flag back or something.

Boris Johnson Mouth GIF

Reactions: snow flake and Bizl
Update FA just received

Dear Collectors,

we would like to inform you about the May's news.

We are finishing up FAC #167 TENET next week, and then we'll gradually move on to finishing the other titles in order. We are sorry for the delay, but the last batches of lenticular lenses did not meet our standard quality, so we needed to find suitable material again in cooperation with our printer. Which it did. We will update the release dates of the next editions on our site once we have received updated disc supply data.

Today and tomorrow we will also start introducing individual editions for the next round of pre-orders that we will launch next week. In this round you can look forward to the titles:

1) NOBODY
2) HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
3) REMINISCENCE
4) SCOTT PILGRIM vs. World
5) I AM A LEGEND

Another interesting title that we submitted for approval to Warner Bros studio is AMERICAN SNIPER. This will be a loyalty reward for our most loyal collectors. We will announce the conditions for obtaining it in further updates.

As for the PREDATOR title, we are still waiting for confirmation that the update has been approved. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to cooperation with you.
JC for the FA and BB teams

Reactions: 5t33lb0y

Hello,

I ordered 13 blu rays from film arena a few weeks ago. I received them yesterday. I have not paid customs charges. The total cost of the blu rays was 1978 CZK which is 71 pounds. I was also worried to pay the custom charges.

Blu rays were well packed. I will definetly order films from them. But their p&p is a pain.

I bought a couple items from them recently and, unfortunately, Customs opened the package and damaged one of the items. I notified FAC about it and they said they'd take care of me, and to send pictures if I had them. I sent pictures to them, as well as a follow up asking if the photo's helped them, but I've heard nothing from them.

They did ask if they could ship it with Edge of Tomorrow, when it comes out and I said that was fine and dandy with me. But I've heard nothing back after that email. It would be nice to have a 'closure' email about it, but they did say they'd take care of me so I'm taking them at their word.
Blu rays were well packed. I will definetly order films from them. But their p&p is a pain.
Yeah, man. Their packing prowess is most excellent. I can't fault them at all for Customs opening the package, opening my items, damaging it, shoving it back in the box..dirty...and sending it my way. The box was loaded with packing materials to keep it safe. Plus, while I haven't heard back, I give them huge credit for responding so quickly to my initial email. They got back to me in less than a day!!! I thought that was excellent.

Update today !

Dear Collectors,

we believe that you are spending pleasant sunny summer days and we would like to inform you about current events.

We've been held up by a few lenticular reprints on the FAC #171 GODZILLA v KONG, but we're now hopefully nearing the finals to complete and ship. We don't know the exact release date yet, but we will update it soon on our e-shop pages, and the release dates of subsequent editions will be updated as well.

As we informed you in earlier reports, the quality of manufactured and delivered products is still not where we expected it to be and longer efforts are needed to obtain what we call quality. Thank you for taking these processes into consideration and continuing to support us in our efforts. We believe that this can be seen in the published editions.

Thank you for regularly sending us videos of your FAC collections and competing for the highest finishes. Don't forget that the collection challenge closes on 8/31/2023, so hurry up.

At the same time, we set the date August 31/2023 as an internal date by which we will wait for an instruction from the Disney studio that we can release the PREDATOR editions. If the studio does not reply, we will propose a solution so that everyone can be satisfied and we are not waiting for a miracle from heaven. We wish, just like you, to close this approved project already and we believe that you will welcome our efforts for an active solution.

Next week we will start pre-orders for the titles EDGE OF TOMORROW, HALLOWEEN KILLS, NO TIME TO DIE, TOY STORY 4, THE BOURNE IDENTITY, and this week we will present these editions to you.

We have prepared low-limited premiums for you to pre-order in September and we will reveal these to you soon.

For now, thank you very much for your favor and support.

We look forward to further cooperation with you.

Sincerely,

The FA team

• Informative
Reactions: GeoRattray
This week we will launch pre-orders for editions:
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP E1 + E2
WW84 E1 + E2
BACKDRAFT

Our next pre-order plan for this year is as follows:
February: 2022
TENET
ONWARD
THE LION KING
TOY STORY 4
THE THING

March:
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
JUSTICE LEAGUE E1 + E2
ALADDIN
CRY MACHO

April:
GODZILLA vs KONG
I LEGEND
FROZEN 2
MALEFICENT 2
SCOTT PILGRIM

May:
MULAN
NOBODY
SUICIDE SQUAD 2 E1 + E2
A QUIET PLACE 2

June:
BLADE RUNNER
BLACK WIDOW
FF9
UNFORGIVEN
HALLOWEEN KILLS

July:
BLACK BARONS EXCLUSIVE UNTITLED PROJECT
MATRIX RESURRECTION

August:
DUNE E1 + E2 + E3
OLD
ETERNALS

September
SHANG-CHI
NO TIME TO DIE
HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
REMINISCENCE

October:
THE LAST DUEL
CONJURING
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
MALIGNANT
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

November:
E.T.
THE KING'S MAN
BOURNE IDENTITY
DEATH ON THE NILE

December:
MAD MAX 1-4 + LIBRARY CASE
TOP GUN MAVERICK

January 2023:
MATRIX 1-4 + LIBRARY CASE
PIKACHU

Please take the list as a guide, we will update it continuously (move / add / remove).
We have currently ordered the SteelBook EDGE OF TOMORROW (UHD + BD) and are awaiting order confirmation.
Thank you very much for your support, time, and cooperation.
We look forward to furthering our cooperation with you.
Kind regards,
JC for teams FA and BB
So it's been a year and a half, and they've only actually released what, like 8 titles from this 2022 list...

Wish we would get delay updates more frequently from FAC like we do with Manta/Collectong. Very disheartening waiting so long after announced release date, especially after just recovering from the Predator debacle.

I have to pay respect to FAC for sending me an undamaged slip for an edition I purchased. The initial item was damaged by customs, so FAC sent me a replacement slip. It doesn't have a number designation, but at least it's not bent on the crease and looks nice on the shelf.

Looking forward to Edge of Tomorrow.

Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!