First Ever LIVE SteelBook Case Break - HDN x RS Event

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This event is already sold out between VIPs and Premium Members here.

However since it will be a cool event figured It'd be worth posting about here for those of whom want to join the live chat and watch .... who knows what you might see or get announced.

Tentatively scheduled for 2pm CST on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool event! All the editions were good, and some are going to be real grails ( Django Mondo steel).
Really happy to get the Gladiator, I actually don’t have that steelbook or any premiums for that movie!:)

Didn't manage to catch it live unfortunately but very happy with the ED2 slip edition with the fragments of wood and glass from the cabin :wow::notworthy: Very cool and innovative touch indeed. Great you were able to pull that off :thumbs: Congrats to everyone else taking part, too. And thanks to @Wreck for hosting :) Think I'll also be on the lookout for a TCM at a later date hopefully, though shame the leathers are all gone :sorry: That was also a very nice touch.

@Wreck thanks so much for the opportunity to get anything in this 'case break' - the additional extras on so many of the items were really something. i didn't realise (my bad) until reading all of the thread that you guys had done the e.g. cabin fragment insertions yourself. above and beyond, as always. :wow:

as for me, watching the case break play out, and then coming to me and getting a certain Mondo X - is, just...
fallout ops GIF

will go into my existing Reel Synergy set!

really liked the concept for this whole thing and the items. great idea, great site, great crew. :notworthy: :woot: :thanks:
Salute GIF

Reactions: Noodles
Gladiator slip was the worst, looks like Russell's head is attached backwards in Photoshop.
Evil Dead is probably the best, and the only ones worth $100+, I forgot how much it cost.
Maybe the Glass signed one as well, yeah.

I little bit regret not signing for that event, some slips are great, especially like the Evil Dead 2 which was present the most so high chance to win it. Also Elysium is nice and damn that TCM!

Next time Im in

Personally I’d like some more concrete info beforehand if this was to happen again. But I get the ‘game/ fun’ element for some. it’s an expensive game for me. Plus I personally would’ve of been annoyed with most the items due to either not liking the film or the slip art. It was such a risk for me.

Basically would of been happy with ED2 (even though I’m not a fan of the film- it’s a great looking slip and I like the cabin fragments), the 2 mondos or the suspiria edition (missed that and been after it a while). Would of been fuming with the other stuff and would of had to try to swap with someone!

As I say I get that some love this kind of thing. And I genuinely like the 4 items I mentioned. But It’s far too risky for me

Personally I’d like some more concrete info beforehand if this was to happen again. But I get the ‘game/ fun’ element for some. it’s an expensive game for me. Plus I personally would’ve of been annoyed with most the items due to either not liking the film or the slip art. It was such a risk for me.

Basically would of been happy with ED2 (even though I’m not a fan of the film- it’s a great looking slip and I like the cabin fragments), the 2 mondos or the suspiria edition (missed that and been after it a while). Would of been fuming with the other stuff and would of had to try to swap with someone!

As I say I get that some love this kind of thing. And I genuinely like the 4 items I mentioned. But It’s far too risky for me

The most I would be fuming on is the Glass signed steelbook :)) I never feel these things, signatures and stuff and especially on steelbooks....that would go straight for sale lol.....The Resident Evil is also weak and I dont like the film much. But the Mondo steels and ED2 and TCM slips are the best stuff here.

But like you said, more info, and more intelligibility would be appreciated next time. TBH when I first read about this, it got me so confused that I gave up and loose interest in that.....

The most I would be fuming on is the Glass signed steelbook :)) I never feel these things, signatures and stuff and especially on steelbooks....that would go straight for sale lol.....The Resident Evil is also weak and I dont like the film much. But the Mondo steels and ED2 and TCM slips are the best stuff here.

But like you said, more info, and more intelligibility would be appreciated next time. TBH when I first read about this, it got me so confused that I gave up and loose interest in that.....
Oh I do also like the TCM slip (the leather one) but not sure it’s $116.99 nice enough. But it is nice

Yeah I agree. I was really confused for while. Not much concrete info. Even the way they went up on the shop with no beauty shot images or info on what steelbooks are included. So yeah going forward I’d like that stuff to be handled a bit better and with some actual info on what Is included

Reactions: Hereticz
Gladiator slip was the worst, looks like Russell's head is attached backwards in Photoshop.
Evil Dead is probably the best, and the only ones worth $100+, I forgot how much it cost.
Maybe the Glass signed one as well, yeah.
Worth is relative, I suppose. A few months back I sold the Matrix trilogy Best Buy steelbook with the streaky black matte and the cat artwork for $130. I had paid $30 for it and felt that was overpriced. Evidently that other guy disagreed and basically paid for a big chunk of my entry.

Is the 1/1 Elysium I won worth $100+? Probably not. But then again, there might be someone out there who would pay $200 for it. So, who knows. I probably wouldn’t have ponied up $100+ if I saw the Elysium on eBay, or something. But the event was fun and it’s a cool addition to my collection. I’m very happy with it. The only one I would have been unhappy with was the Glass steelbook because I hate M. Night Shyamalan movies.

For a first run event, it was good. I’m sure there will be some adjustments so that maybe things are more clear if and when it’s done again.

Reactions: Flloydo
No, I understand now, that some paid the expenses for the more valuable ones, like in a lottery pool. So some got it for cheaper, than it cost HDN, and some overpaid - that was the game/chance part. And still can probably sell it for at least that, due to rarity, if they're unhappy.

I now wish I'd participated. If I knew how many copies of Evil Dead there was, and the whole list, and seen photos...

Like others said, maybe it'd be better to describe everything, that will be available, IF there's another campaign like this, so people know what they can get.
Those 'mystery boxes' companies show, what kind of stuff might be in your package, like one of those 3 autographed photos, one of those posters, etc.