First Man (4K+2D & Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 21) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 24, 2019
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D) - (Pre-order April 12 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $164.97 (One Click) - $48.99 (Full Slip A or B) - $43.99 (Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D)
Notes: One Click 400 sets, Full Slip A 800, Full Slip B 800, Lenti 900

box_33060ce2-58bb-4a9a-9132-5106c2807d34.jpgFS_A.jpgFS_B.jpgLS_19130b4a-24ad-4276-bfdb-98e301b1bea2.jpg
first_man_steel_1024x1024.jpg
- One Click:

Outer Cover - Astronaut suit inspired cover made with fabric and patches

Inner Box - Scratch Resistance Coating + Foil + Embossing

- Full Slip A: Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Full Slip B: Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip-A:

Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip B:

Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Lenticular Full Slip:

Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope
0AE906A2-B360-4228-B357-015F7BFCB921.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lenti is really good but I kinda regret not getting that full slip B

If only the back of the lenti art was on the back of the full slip

As I previously mentioned I have a few scuffs at the top of the back of the lenti. I’ve only taken pics of the lenti slip:

The back has the course finish on the moon surface with some bits of rock bossing, the earth is course. Space is matte (the black) and then spotgloss and embossing on the shuttle and spaceman. Lenti is sharp and the colours work well with it’s depth

77D53B18-E156-4DD4-9289-A6CB1911AE1B.jpeg

6E20DCC2-7D93-4CA2-A07B-F2F6CD5C5808.jpeg

7F3B948A-8D0C-4ADD-A344-51545A555419.jpeg

07284C1E-7236-484E-9BEF-1C2404AC8FC5.jpeg

0D568B57-D26A-4A99-BB41-634FF8EA6883.jpeg

1C879560-0127-4246-A81C-3ECF8CB8FEAB.jpeg
556D1896-9713-4E0E-9CE6-C0D3EDBE53BA.jpeg

9A9B53E4-744E-40A8-97D1-1452ABF94198.jpeg

As I previously mentioned I have a few scuffs at the top of the back of the lenti. I’ve only taken pics of the lenti slip:

The back has the course finish on the moon surface with some bits of rock bossing, the earth is course. Space is matte (the black) and then spotgloss and embossing on the shuttle and spaceman. Lenti is sharp and the colours work well with it’s depth

View attachment 437714

I”d buy this if it was 4K. Front is nice, but I really love the back of the slip. Looks surprisingly 3d.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I am slighty disappointed with the Lenti. I feel it could have had more depth. A little flat looking (Dare I say, like a Zavvi lenti?). Or maybe the image just doesn't lend itself to making a deep lenticular image. Maybe I should have thought about that before purchasing, huh? Colors are gorgeous, though.

I am slighty disappointed with the Lenti. I feel it could have had more depth. A little flat looking (Dare I say, like a Zavvi lenti?). Or maybe the image just doesn't lend itself to making a deep lenticular image. Maybe I should have thought about that before purchasing, huh? Colors are gorgeous, though.

Still thinking about this the same, I think it´s caused by the image chosen, it just can´t be better than this. The depth is visible mostly only down left side as a space behind his helmet, otherwise most part of the image seems to be flat. But like you said, colors are gorgeous and it´s sharp as ****, so Manta delivers again.

• Thanks
Reactions: nafosb
Why did Manta put the sticker on the polybag this time? And on mine they stuck it on there upside down.
I would peel it off and put it right side up or stick it on the booklet but it won't come off without tearing.
Luckily, I have my 92-year-old uncle Manuel in house. I will ask him to open his mouth and exhale on the sticker
and hopefully his halitosis well help it come off cleanly.
Why did you do this, Manta?:banghead:

• Haha
Reactions: famagosta and DMD4k
Why did Manta put the sticker on the polybag this time? And on mine they stuck it on there upside down.
I would peel it off and put it right side up or stick it on the booklet but it won't come off without tearing.
Luckily, I have my 92-year-old uncle Manuel in house. I will ask him to exhale on the sticker and hopefully
his halitosis well help it come off cleanly.
Why did you do this, Manta?:banghead:

You could try using a hair dryer. It’d probably work best if the plastic is still on the box. I do this with stamps, because Charities keep sending me requests for cash with stamps on envelopes. Every year i have more stamps than I started the year with. I’m opening a postage store next year ;)

Reactions: nafosb
First time a Manta lenti has been my least favourite of the 3 editions... not that it's bad though.