FREE COMIC BOOK DAY - 1st Saturday of May ANNUALLY!

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Untitled.png

FULL LIST OF FREE COMIC BOOKS HERE!

--------------------​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: digitalbabe
I'll be getting a few titles. My fiancee and I generally try to go every year and I used to work at my LCBS, so I usually get first dibs. Think I'll get:

- Infinity
- Superman: The Last Son of Krypton - Special Edition
- Aphrodite XI #1
- Atomic Robo & Friends
- Mass Effect
- Overstreet Comic Book Marketplace
- Top Shelf Kids Club

:thumbs:

Reactions: jbsolo
If anyone could pick up a copy of The Smurfs for me I'd be VERY grateful - my little girl collects all things Smurfs and this wiulkd be an amazing addition ( and a copy of The Walking Dead would be awesome too...that'd be for me though ;) )

PM me if you can help :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: digitalbabe
If anyone could pick up a copy of The Smurfs for me I'd be VERY grateful - my little girl collects all things Smurfs and this wiulkd be an amazing addition ( and a copy of The Walking Dead would be awesome too...that'd be for me though ;) )

PM sent. ;)

you sorted out with this now...

Reactions: Antman

anything else you need? I managed to get some duplicates too...

Free Comic Book Day promoted by the Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman:

As does Thomas Jane, the real Punisher:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Seeley in the first video. Funny he is like one of the few people I would actually recognize and not for Hack/Slash but because he did some D&D stuff for Devils Due for Drizzt

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

oh yes and

tumblr_mmb2y9BOCA1rkdiiko1_500.png

Revenge4-30-2013-2.jpg

Once a year, the comic book shops and publishers hold an event that brings in readers of all ages to enjoys comics. I am, of course, talking about Free Comic Book Day. You go in to the shop and and choose several books to enjoy. These issues are sometimes one-shots, single issues or even prequels.

Make sure to get out and support your local shop!

Continue reading...

Per IGN:

2000 AD Special

Written & Drawn by Various | Rebellion/2000 AD

2000 AD has always been the place to turn if you want darker, more sci-fi driven comics from a variety of up-and-coming British creators. This special offers a healthy sampling of 20000 AD's wares. The highlight is a new Judge Dredd story from writer Matt Smith and artist Norm Breyfogle, while other big names like Rob Williams, Kevin O'Neill and Dave Gibbons also contribute to this issue.

The All-New, All-Different Avengers #1

Written by Mark Waid & Drawn by Mahmud Asrar | Marvel Comics

One of two major releases from Marvel this weekend, All-New, All-Different Avengers looks to offer a glimpse of what form Earth's Mightiest Heroes will take after Secret Wars. This new team is comprised of mostly young upstarts (Ms. Marvel, Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales, Thor). Even if you prefer a more classic roster, the creative team on this issue makes it worth a read.

BOOM! Studios 10th Anniversary Celebration

Written & Drawn by Various | BOOM! Studios

BOOM! Studios tends to go all-out when it comes to FCBD, and this year is no exception. This oversized issue crams in short stories from a number of all-ages ongoing titles, including Lumberjanes, Adventure Time, Peanuts, Mouse Guard and Garfield. As much as our Review Crew has praised Lumberjanes, this issue is worth picking up for that alone.

Dark Circle Comics #1

Archie Comics recently kicked off their Dark Circle label, which features the sorts of mature readers superhero stories you might expect to find at publishers like Image or Vertigo. This issue offers glimpses of The Black Hood, The Fox and The Shield

Dark Horse: All Ages Special

Written by Gene Luen Yang & Paul Tobin & Drawn by Various | Dark HorseComics

Dark Horse will be offering a sampler issue of some of their all-ages comics. The big draw with this issue is a new Avatar-: The Last Airbender story from regular writer Gene Luen Yang. The book also includes a new Bandette story, which is convenient since that series just earned an Eisner nomination last week.

Dark Horse: Fight Club/The Goon/The Strain

Written & Drawn by Various | Dark Horse Comics

Dark Horse will also be targeting older FCBD attendees with this anthology issue. Anyone curious about the upcoming comic book sequel to Fight Club will want to check out this preview. That story is accompanied by a new Goon tale from Eric Powel and a new The Strain story from Guillermo Del Toro himself.

Divergence #1

Written & Drawn by Various | DC Comics

DC's big release this FCBD is Divergence, which will shed light on the new status quo of the DC Universe in the aftermath of Convergence. The three stories in this issue will explore what's next for Superman, what hero will rise to become the new Batman in Gotham, and reveal the origins of the woman known only as "Darkseid's Daughter."

Doctor Who Special

Written & Drawn by Various | IDW Publishing

Can't get enough Doctor Who? Maybe it's time to dive into the comics. This issue offers three new stories that focus on the Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth Doctors. It also includes a preview of IDW's upcoming Doctor Who event storyline that will be playing out this summer.

Grimm Fairy Tales: Wonderland One-Shot

Written by Erica J. Heflin & Drawn by Tony Brescini | Zenescope Entertatinment

It's easy to write off Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales books because of their cheesecake-y covers, but these comics have more depth than you might expect. This issue is as good a place as any to dabble in the GFT universe. It focuses on Callie, the White Queen of Wonderland, as she deals with new and emerging threats to her realm.

Jurassic Strike Force Five

Written by Joe Brusha & Drawn by Roger Bonet | Zenescope Entertainment

Not that the current TMNT comics aren't well worth checking out, but if you prefer more anthropomorphic mutant superheroes in your comic book diet, this series is worth checking out as well. The series is geared towards an all-ages audience, and the fact that this issue is a prequel to the main series makes it an ideal jumping-on point.

Savage Dragon Legacy

Written & Drawn by Erik Larsen | Image Comics

Savage Dragon is one of the longest-running independent comics ever. Creator Erik Larsen is using FCBD to ring in a new era for the franchise. This issue sees Malcolm Dragon graduate high school and follow in his father's footsteps by joining the Chicago PD. What challenges will this young hero face as he transitions into adulthood and deals with his father's legacy? Whatever happens, the journey begins here.

Secret Wars #0

Written by Jonathan Hickman & Hajime Isayama & Drawn by Paul Renaud & Gerardo Sandoval | Marvel Comics

While Marvel is already looking ahead to what comes after Secret Wars, they're also using FCBD to help get readers primed for Secret Wars itself. Jonathan Hickman and Paul Renaud are collaborating on a prologue to the big event (which officially kicks off next Wednesday). However, the biggest selling point of this issue for some readers may be the inclusion of the 8-page Avengers/Attack on Titan manga crossover that was published in Japan.

Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Unite FCBD Special

Written by Ian Flynn & Drawn by Various | Archie Comics

Archie Comics is gearing up for another big crossover between the Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man universe. But the big wist with Worlds Unite is that many other Sega and Capcom heroes are joining the fray. This prologue issue features two stories that focus on Sonic and Mega Man, respectively, and pave the way for the crossover in late May.

Click here for more information on Worlds Unite and a preview of the FCBD special.

The Tick

Written by Jeff McClelland & Drawn by Duane Redhead | New England Comics

Who doesn't love The Tick? Especially when he's free? This issue offers a new tale where The Tick and Arthur's apartment is haunted by the ghost of Tick's original sidekick. How will our bumbling heroes rid themselves of this pest?

TMNT: Prelude to Vengeance

Written by Tom Waltz & Bobby Curnow & Drawn by Mateus Santolouco | IDW Publishing

IDW's TMNT series has been firing on all cylinders lately, and has even been making some surprising changes to the core lineup in recent issues. With the series building towards a massive (and possibly final) conflict between the Turtles and Shredder, this issue takes a step back and explores how each of our heroes feel about the war to come. And with Mateus Santolouco drawing, it barely even matters what the story is about.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #0

Written by John Barber & Tom Scioli & Drawn by Priscilla Tramontano & Tom Sciloi | IDW Publishing

The newest Transformers animated series just recently debuted this spring, and IDW is debuting a new tie-in comic set within this animated universe. Robots in Disguise takes place in a world where Optimus prime is missing and Bumblebee leads the Autobots to hunt down their Decepticon enemies. This issue also includes previews of IDW other upcoming Transformers projects and even a new Transformers vs. G.I. Joe strip.

Valiant 25th Anniversary Special

Written by Jeff Lemire & Robert Venditti & Drawn by Butch Guice & Rafa Sandoval | Valiant Entertainment

Valiant is celebrating a big 25th anniversary this year, and this FCBD issue is where the festivities begin. This special includes two new tales from some of the publisher's top creators. First, Jeff Lemire and Butch Guice team for a story that bridges the gap between the recent mini-series The Valiant and the Bloodshot Reborn relaunch. Then Robert Venditti and Rafa Sandoval offer a new tale focused on X-O Manowar. With all the attention Valiant is attracting thanks to their recent movie announcements, now is a great time to be diving into this universe.

Reactions: Colombianlove41