Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

Best show on TV (possibly ever) but the digipacks are done so well that I've got zero interest in these

Reactions: DrH
Quite suprised to see mine arrive on a sunday as i ordered with -£10 off code a while back (ordered Maggie blu ray with both) with free super saver delivery and was only sent out last night at:

Item Subtotal:£38.32
Postage & Packing:£1.16
Free Shipping:-£1.39
Promotion applied:-£8.21
Total before VAT:£31.48
VAT:£6.29
Total:£37.77
Paid by Visa:£37.77

20151025_134325.jpg

The sigil look really great quality.

Okay then , first impressions , nice package , discs are stacked, slightly debossed steelbook , it's Matt finish.
The magnet is too weak to stay on the steelbook when it's vertical , just slides off . Bit of a showstopper for some and crap quality control , nice idea but oh so poorly executed.
It's just a tiny magnet on the back, presumably so they could have room for "home box office and Made in China "
I may send them back

Okay then , first impressions , nice package , discs are stacked, slightly debossed steelbook , it's Matt finish.
The magnet is too weak to stay on the steelbook when it's vertical , just slides off . Bit of a showstopper for some and crap quality control , nice idea but oh so poorly executed
Considering how large the sigils are I'm not really surprised they don't stay attached to the Steelbook by themselves - I expected as much when I saw how there was plastic was moulded around the sigils.

Considering how large the sigils are I'm not really surprised they don't stay attached to the Steelbook by themselves - I expected as much when I saw how there was plastic was moulded around the sigils.

Yeah they're poorly made , look much better in the boxes, could look upon them as alternative full slips .if only they didn't stamp a blu banner and age certificates on them

My order shipped. Don't have the money really to afford them right now. Thought I had cancelled the UK order and placed an order on the US Amazon. I'm kinda glad I got the UK version because they came to under $70 shipped and the US order is showing a little over $100 for the pair. How the bloody hell does that work Amazon? Oh well cancelling my US order now.

Well the tiny magnet on the back is silly, I was expecting it to have a lenticular sheet style magnet.
And they should of been gloss too but they look great in the full packets with the sigil magnets

Reactions: Flash
Here are some pictures of Season 1. Personally me and my girlfriend are very impressed with this set, it's even better in hand. Click thumbnails for larger pictures. Enjoy.

Front Cover

6P9kQwv3eskgUDpuGPRJrBYpJsVKRTiohS_HYV0KTzY.jpg

Back Cover

XHgMEHFS2a6CUVZYNbqcDXOObJmhQwLWI4SWdrX0h64.jpg

Side of Package

JiSc3q8v-qCMZ2BZwl2XUnHV2fZn_lT__1VRbBcvxIo.jpg

Steelbook Front with Sigil attached

muiMryQ_14I34Ce8FcDva11cb1iuZngBYD246ew3-Ic.jpg

Side Front of Steelbook

b57DjmQhekAT5lS9-nXIe9O4in69TXkSC8dqpVvqzq8.jpg

Side Front of Steelbook with Sigil showing Deboss

fOrjlX1Lr8-mo4DMNRRnn8-6ja8PF1Bns6ukscCf5QE.jpg

Back of Steelbook

6Cq7zgyNyt_cInSPCSU4PF-KZ5zOk93wO5dGLRHyWDI.jpg

Inside of Steelbook with discs, Left side holds 3 Discs, Right side 2 discs.

KruEhNJD4Q93FLXySKjtPN8ijjOgIpYaeUNlPL7Zytk.jpg

Outer Steelbook

FnQxU-E41juu3GqeAqU9IV9-pcVg4tFNZvdXMFjrmI4.jpg

Inner Steelbook

wxU3nC9YsNcO8eeC9YDyg4WSnhFR09hPHV3k3UnYOZM.jpg

Here are some pictures of Season 2. Click thumbnails for larger pictures. Enjoy.

Front Cover

6CZQw9U_O7iUTs4E6VP3k0-Xv_K_naFj_d5XEBxAqGE.jpg

Back Cover

kD7QmGpzII4cyAmA6avIcKpiYice5m_DyHcPuAdPvA8.jpg

Side Cover

pk0tPD_z3g1_gw_RQsWOm7Uw060bl3OVVJ-XIut9gfk.jpg

Front Steelbook with Sigil

DF2hfbcCZMLakHSXKmll_EFxNlLzi512YuySN42avYY.jpg

Side showing front of Steelbook

xU9c3WFJMbwcDzVC_sZyrj_yiDvDendhmxNg16azdCQ.jpg

Side showing Front of Steelbook without Sigil - Debossed

YFy1NRWB1pTKgKRC4vo18bgAh-h8amJnwP9BH2o0bKY.jpg

Back of Steelbook

td-zF8vcI-TDu8d3uo9gNKp0OLa-5j3BggZLqKVU3Jk.jpg

Inside of Steelbook showing Discs Left Side 3 Discs, Right side 2 Discs

eRVKZg6UuITB5BLQY1rD1imjNbKRELII4goruyUDcpM.jpg

Outer Steelbook

D0aB2lRX-W4ocriheA55A8gsDLC597p5TlmyYk869Os.jpg

Inner Steelbook

WbA92h6v_yPSRSDAwBhC7p4BuEU4kM9wGcJfSsxGQks.jpg

Last edited:
Well the tiny magnet on the back is silly, I was expecting it to have a lenticular sheet style magnet.
And they should of been gloss too but they look great in the full packets with the sigil magnets

absolutely, they're much better left in the boxes ,I just wonder how many times they can be removed before the plastic starts to rip.I'm undecided,not overly impressed but then I love the series and I don't have it in any format yet

They're growing on me now,disregard the magnet issue( and yes it's not big enough to do the job properly ) and it's a nice enough package, they do look good in and out of the boxes and it's a great series on blu ray for just over £20.Sometimes in all the steelbook hullabaloo it's easy to overlook the contents !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Nice pictures but nope still not convinced, the magnet seems random and pretty pointless. Some of the amaray sets have looked much nicer, shame could have been awesome

All you UK guys who got these today; who delivered them? I ordered mine months ago with the £10 off and free delivery, but haven't even had a shipping notice yet (card charged, though).

Can someone who has received their copy, please advise as to whether those ugly UK/Irish ratings symbols are printed on the sleeve or are removable stickers?