Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

With me personally being underwhelmed by the steels I think I will still wait and hope for some mega set it can't be uglier than these.

To be honest when it's all finished and they release a "mega collectors set" like they did with breaking bad in a cool packaging then I'll possibly buy because I do love this series but it would have to be a big metal version of the throne or something with some cool extra pieces. Got years for that to happen though

Reactions: Flash
I saw a review, and the set had the discs STACKED on the hubs!:ohno:
The review wasn't for the UK edition, so my fingers are crossed it was just on that edition...
(Multiple hubs have already been done on non Jumbo steelbooks, so...)

To be honest when it's all finished and they release a "mega collectors set" like they did with breaking bad in a cool packaging then I'll possibly buy because I do love this series but it would have to be a big metal version of the throne or something with some cool extra pieces. Got years for that to happen though

A huge throne would be amazing

Reactions: Flloydo
I saw a review, and the set had the discs STACKED on the hubs!:ohno:
The review wasn't for the UK edition, so my fingers are crossed it was just on that edition...
(Multiple hubs have already been done on non Jumbo steelbooks, so...)
That how these will be its how they fit 5 discs in a standard size G2 Steelbook otherwise it would need to be a jumbo steelbook if they did not stack the discs on top of each other on the hub

Wreck already posted images ages ago of the inside of these new G2 steelbook cases that can have 5-6 discs and not be a jumbo steelbook

That how these will be its how they fit 5 discs in a standard size G2 Steelbook otherwise it would need to be a jumbo steelbook if they did not stack the discs on top of each other on the hub

Wreck already posted images ages ago of the inside of these new G2 steelbook cases that can have 5-6 discs and not be a jumbo steelbook
I know. But the pics I saw were of 2 hubs stacked. We know G2s can have at least 4 hubs. That is a dissapointment.

Why can't they design it like this?

G2 but the inner thing. 2 left and 2 right then in the middle 2.
U can even but another 2 disc behind the ones in the middle so a Jumbo Steelbook would not be necessary.

Like the idea with the magnet in the middle but right now don't see them a must buy so I wait and maybe sometime in the future I will buy

Reactions: levi
That looks like G1 size to me. ;)

Why can't they design it like this?

G2 but the inner thing. 2 left and 2 right then in the middle 2.
U can even but another 2 disc behind the ones in the middle so a Jumbo Steelbook would not be necessary.

Like the idea with the magnet in the middle but right now don't see them a must buy so I wait and maybe sometime in the future I will buy

Actually, with G2 they have to move the overlapping discs closer together, which increases the angle at which the top disc sits, which then interferes with the swinger, as well as the same configuration on the other side. The shallower angles afforded by the added height of the G1 are what make that configuration possible.

Yeah I'm looking for the magnet literally on the steelbook...
It's there, albeit underneath the slip:

packaging.jpg

The shot of the magnets loose shows that they're just way too tall to even entertain the idea of leaving them on the steelbooks, at least if you want to file them normally on a shelf. Which is fine, being so three-dimensional makes the magnets look great, they'll pimp out the fridge like it's nobody's business, and the steels will file away normally with a somewhat oddly debossed sigil. Everybody wins. The fridge most of all.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Are the UK releases not already the cheapest you can get the Steelbooks world wide?
I can't see it getting much cheaper as the season 1 amaray is £17 & season 2 amaray is £19.99 (assuming you purchase separately rather than in a box set).

I cant see the price dropping much if at all I just hope it is still in stock for a while as in next few months

I think they have made alot of these and I can see a price drop
Basically what @Flash said... these are being released in a few different countries and I'm guessing the print run is pretty big, so they'll no doubt drop in price eventually, just like the Breaking Bad steels have. I'm in no rush to get them, so am willing to wait as long as it takes... if they do sell out in that time, then so be it. I was always planning to get the complete collection set (whatever that may be) once the show is over anyway. :)