Game of Thrones - The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £299.99

71YOA-GeBjL._SX385_.jpg

12143366-2814684911240381.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco86
Not very hopeful that mine will ever be dispatched and will most likely be cancelled... it's been processing since I ordered and no money has left my account. Also, when you click the item, it just leads to search results for GoT. :confused:

happy, happy days. :happy: this has arrived and gone straight into my all time favourite sets, for me it is right up there with the Middle Earth book/shelf set. a set looking at the whole as a continuing single story, rather than separate releases. i am a steelbook collector mainly and also like my 4K, but nothing is going to make me part with this for an alternate version. it's very well made, and well thought-out. read on if you want what's going to be a hefty unboxing, or just jump here to the album if you only want the piccies. at time of posting, this is still available on both zavvi and amazon, for the same price.

View media item 27409
where to start?

packaging and mailing
first off, this is a big, heavy box, which came to me cunningly disguised in a cardboard box marked with Game of Thrones logos. no way that can possibly go missing in the mail. :facepalm: for anyone interested in a literal unboxing so you can see how this is packaged for mailing, here you go:
mine arrived with only one dent, and fortunately that was cardboard only. the main box also comes in a separate o-ring cover
the box
ok, on to the actual shadow box itself. i actually have a thing for shadow boxes, so this is dream street for me. the box itself is chunky wood, the show logo on the front and quote on the back are nicely carved out, the spine has fairly heavy relief also, as are the 'scratch' marks, the leather securing strap seems well made and sturdy, and the hand of the king closing pin fits snugly but perfectly. :woot: pics of that :Snap::
for anyone interested in exactly how big is this, here you go (it's essentially the size of a 12" up and wide), so, you know, huge :wow::
the screens
the shadow box screens have removeable clear protectors at the front and back, which have been not only precisely made but have their own slots, so no squeezing in unnecessarily, here. :thumbs: the season tabs are leather and seem sturdily attached. the runner slots for each season are more than deep enough to work, and do well. the screens themselves are a strong, sturdy cardboard, with a great construction, so the images on front and back and fixed dead flush with the central core. all of that under the spoiler:
but if you are buying this set, this is probably one of the main reasons - the actual screen artwork and layering. utterly gorgeous :drool:. no words :kiss:.
View media item 27399View media item 27398View media item 27397
the seasons
from then on, each season has its own superb, well defined and distinct artwork by Robert Ball, front and back, and underneath each and every disc slot, so the artwork continues when the discs are removed. they are really easy to take out, glossed behind each disc :thumbs:.

for anyone interested in the artwork for each, i took way too many pictures :Snap: :Snap: :rolleyes:, so dive in under the spoilers:

season 1:
season 2:
season 3:
season 4:
season 5:
season 6:
season 7:
season 8:
bonus:
i like how the bonus discs get their own screen, which they could easily have not bothered doing, nice touch:
in summary: dear god, what a set. :wacky: only one place in my collection this could possibly go:
View media item 27329
i can't pretend this is an inexpensive set, and lord knows in the current climate it's a luxury i am very lucky to be able to get (this = an x years' service bonus i unexpectedly got last month). but if you can, or have ways and means, and love the series - do. :thumbs:

Last edited:
happy, happy days. :happy: this has arrived and gone straight into my all time favourite sets, for me it is right up there with the Middle Earth book/shelf set. a set looking at the whole as a continuing single story, rather than separate releases. i am a steelbook collector mainly and also like my 4K, but nothing is going to make me part with this for an alternate version. it's very well made, and well thought-out. read on if you want what's going to be a hefty unboxing, or just jump here to the album if you only want the piccies. at time of posting, this is still available on both zavvi and amazon, for the same price.

View media item 27409
where to start?

packaging and mailing
first off, this is a big, heavy box, which came to me cunningly disguised in a cardboard box marked with Game of Thrones logos. no way that can possibly go missing in the mail. :facepalm: for anyone interested in a literal unboxing so you can see how this is packaged for mailing, here you go:
mine arrived with only one dent, and fortunately that was cardboard only. the main box also comes in a separate o-ring cover
the box
ok, on to the actual shadow box itself. i actually have a thing for shadow boxes, so this is dream street for me. the box itself is chunky wood, the show logo on the front and quote on the back are nicely carved out, the spine has fairly heavy relief also, as are the 'scratch' marks, the leather securing strap seems well made and sturdy, and the hand of the king closing pin fits snugly but perfectly. :woot: pics of that :Snap::
for anyone interested in exactly how big is this, here you go (it's essentially the size of a 12" up and wide), so, you know, huge :wow::
the screens
the shadow box screens have removeable clear protectors at the front and back, which have been not only precisely made but have their own slots, so no squeezing in unnecessarily, here. :thumbs: the season tabs are leather and seem sturdily attached. the runner slots for each season are more than deep enough to work, and do well. the screens themselves are a strong, sturdy cardboard, with a great construction, so the images on front and back and fixed dead flush with the central core. all of that under the spoiler:
but if you are buying this set, this is probably one of the main reasons - the actual screen artwork and layering. utterly gorgeous :drool:. no words :kiss:.
View media item 27399View media item 27398View media item 27397
the seasons
from then on, each season has its own superb, well defined and distinct artwork by Robert Ball, front and back, and underneath each and every disc slot, so the artwork continues when the discs are removed. they are really easy to take out, glossed behind each disc :thumbs:.

for anyone interested in the artwork for each, i took way too many pictures :Snap: :Snap: :rolleyes:, so dive in under the spoilers:

season 1:
season 2:
season 3:
season 4:
season 5:
season 6:
season 7:
season 8:
bonus:
i like how the bonus discs get their own screen, which they could easily have not bothered doing, nice touch:
in summary: dear god, what a set. :wacky: only one place in my collection this could possibly go:
View media item 27329
i can't pretend this is an inexpensive set, and lord knows in the current climate it's a luxury i am very lucky to be able to get (this = an x years' service bonus i unexpectedly got last month). but if you can, or have ways and means, and love the series - do. :thumbs:

Looks stunning! Ties in really nice with your LOTR set too. :thumbs:

Just arrived and I'm absolutely blown away by the size and quality of it... photos didn't prepare me for just how nice this set is. I love steels as much as the next guy, but anyone who'd rather pay the extra £50 for the upcoming steel set over this is cray-cray! Genuinely one of my favourite editions now and worth every single penny. :notworthy:

Just arrived and I'm absolutely blown away by the size and quality of it... photos didn't prepare me for just how nice this set is. I love steels as much as the next guy, but anyone who'd rather pay the extra £50 for the upcoming steel set over this is cray-cray! Genuinely one of my favourite editions now and worth every single penny. :notworthy:

4K discs though ;)

I'm a huge GOT fan (and not someone who feels let down by the ending) but I've never really 'got' this set. I mean it looks nice and all but it's always felt like the artwork should be for something else rather than GOT. I just don't see the fit between the artwork and the show. That being said I wasn't aware of all the nice little details until I just went through @steelmybeatingheart's amazing review

I think if they were re-releasing this set with the 4K discs I'd go for it over the steelbooks which do look awful but as I already own each season for me to double dip would have to be to get the 4K discs

This set looks f#cking amazing :drool: VERY tempted to place an order....:ohno:

Reactions: Noodles
4K discs though ;)

I'm a huge GOT fan (and not someone who feels let down by the ending) but I've never really 'got' this set. I mean it looks nice and all but it's always felt like the artwork should be for something else rather than GOT. I just don't see the fit between the artwork and the show. That being said I wasn't aware of all the nice little details until I just went through @steelmybeatingheart's amazing review

I think if they were re-releasing this set with the 4K discs I'd go for it over the steelbooks which do look awful but as I already own each season for me to double dip would have to be to get the 4K discs
What an idiot... forgot they were 4K, didn't I?! :facepalm: :p

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
Just £130.00 including shipping and import fees from Amazon.com. £95.00 less than Amazon.co.uk and it arrives the same time

Price Drop, Now $124.96 at Amazon USA.
Have been holding off on these, but have now gone for the USA one, £134 with priority shipping...fine for 8 seasons and the edition itself looks amazing. Hope the packaging is decent and it arrives undamaged