Gears of War 3 - Megathread

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Rumor: Gears of War 3 for April 2011

A few things in this life are certain: Oprah will have a new book for you to read every month and you can bet there's a new Gears of War in the works. Edge says a source has put a pin in April 2011 as the release window for the third entry in Epic's series -- and we should expect the first teaser trailer next month, on April 8, with a full-on reveal at E3 in June.

"Microsoft's keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas," alleges Edge's source. "That's why we won't be seeing Gears Of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release."

Recently, Epic prez Mike Capps hinted at a major game announcement to be made by the studio during E3. Additionally, EA has teased a "Shooter from Epic" due just before April in Q1 2011.

Source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/gears-of-war-3-releasing-april-2011-–-source

Can't wait!! :oohyeah::scat:

so far the only pre-order goodie from FS is this:
10172259.jpg

band-aids. in a themed tin box.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...rb-stomp-first-aid-kit-xbox-360/10172259.aspx

the steel book hasn't being shown yet,there will be a very limited release with pre-order's,Gears of war 1 & 2 had G1 Steelbook's so far.

Last edited:
Yeah, got mine from walmart.com today...nothing about not playing. Now just waiting for my UK steelbook...I tweeted cliff bleszinski asking if they were gonna f up people's accounts that already play it...but of course it will go unanswered, he's busy partying and making dick jokes..f yeah!

Yeah, got mine from walmart.com today...nothing about not playing. Now just waiting for my UK steelbook...I tweeted cliff bleszinski asking if they were gonna f up people's accounts that already play it...but of course it will go unanswered, he's busy partying and making dick jokes..f yeah!

In the UK we get games early nearly every release and have never got into trouble for playing it early lol

I guess there is no reason not to play it. I guess there are many here doing it. one hour left of work, then home to pop some nuggets. I'm waiting for my UK one that I bought just for the steelbook since i didn't hear from anyone from Canada that could get the FS exclusive:( I'm more into the steels than anything, if it were a locust statue, I might have sprung, but as of now, the only statue in my future is the batman one to go with my Australian joker SB coming in the mail:)

I think I def made the right decision in getting the limited edition. My wife said she will buy me a chain for the huge COG...

Game cancelled my pre-order for epic edition without telling me.... Not happy

Got the gears console though, and will troll fleabay for the epic editon

We ough to do a ninja co-op on insane haha

Craig

Been saying this for a while now, lets get some ninjas together and go kick some anus.:D

Game cancelled my pre-order for epic edition without telling me.... Not happy

Got the gears console though, and will troll fleabay for the epic editon

We ough to do a ninja co-op on insane haha

Craig

Ive ended up with two epic editions :( but they are really nice......

In my local gamestation, they have loads of the Gears Steelbooks left

Man, I really want one of them....not available here in the US, only UK and Canada I think. And I can't order direct. And I'm not paying $50 on ebay for one.....what's the cost off the shelf?