Gears of War 3 - Megathread

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Rumor: Gears of War 3 for April 2011

A few things in this life are certain: Oprah will have a new book for you to read every month and you can bet there's a new Gears of War in the works. Edge says a source has put a pin in April 2011 as the release window for the third entry in Epic's series -- and we should expect the first teaser trailer next month, on April 8, with a full-on reveal at E3 in June.

"Microsoft's keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas," alleges Edge's source. "That's why we won't be seeing Gears Of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release."

Recently, Epic prez Mike Capps hinted at a major game announcement to be made by the studio during E3. Additionally, EA has teased a "Shooter from Epic" due just before April in Q1 2011.

Source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/gears-of-war-3-releasing-april-2011-–-source

Can't wait!! :oohyeah::scat:

oh sorry i was talking about the UK version.

No worries.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Just finished the Campaign....very cool. I think my favorite campaign was the 2nd game though (toughest was the first game), but this one was awesome. Definitely best Multiplayer though.

since i love the series and knew this was the last of it,had to show my support..

33a9mwj.jpg

4g16w2.jpg

Very nice...

I have exactly the same

Although i ended up with two copies of the epic edition

two copie's of epic edition...crazyy.....

thanks for the comment's u guy's,did some work on the weekend & painted my wall black with the logo
k1q9va.jpg

Size comparison with the game vs logo design...
xe0w88.jpg

:cool:

Who know's,might turn it into a gaming type wall with green Modern warfare 3 logo's later on or something.....i wouldn't mind a Lancer & Boom shot later on ... :]

Last edited:
No way, keep it Gears...modern warfare is the new Madden...recycled every year. They really stepped it up with Gears this time. Plus, since Gears 1, I don't think there's another multiplayer experience that can touch it IMO. The close range battles, the 3rd person perspective, the gore, no real benefit to camping...just a complete package.

Reactions: spawnshop
No way, keep it Gears...modern warfare is the new Madden...recycled every year. They really stepped it up with Gears this time. Plus, since Gears 1, I don't think there's another multiplayer experience that can touch it IMO. The close range battles, the 3rd person perspective, the gore, no real benefit to camping...just a complete package.

Totally agree. I think battlefield will help break that madden effect of cod. Anyone get the gears dlc yesterday?

I've stopped playing Gears...... Getting boring for me at present

Will be into MW3 for a while come next week

I will say that's true. All my friends want to play is hoarde and it gets old after hitting level 50. It's like there is no motivation

ColombianLove41
Using Tapatalk on iPhone 4

I disagree - the one thing I really like about the Gears franchise is that it keeps getting better and they keep making new aspects for both campaign and multiplayer. The difference in MP from 1 to 2 to 3 is leaps and bounds. I'm not a very good player, but they've managed a way to even make it fun for us noob style players. Plus the MP has like 6 or 8 styles too. Much better then the MW multi. I got soured on that when I was playing it on PC and everyone was cheating...

Just played through the DLC Raam add-on. Pretty cool seeing other characters and very reminiscent of the first game since it takes place during. Playing as Raam was pretty cool too.