General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
stellavie-print-fine-art-portraits-movie-directors-martin-scorsese-flat-small.jpg

Scorsese portrait, signed and numbered (I have 3/200)

From a german design studio named Stellavie
They made Kubrick, Tarantino, Lynch, Burton and Hitchcock.

Last edited by a moderator:
PEARL JAM (New York 2015)
Artist: Tant (Broken Fingaz)
Size: 45×61cm
Edition: 300 signed
Price: 80€
PJ-TANT-S.jpg

PEARL JAM (Brasilia, 2015)
Artist: Deso (Broken Fingaz)
Size: 45×61cm
Edition: 300 signed
Price: 80€
PJ-DESO-1-S.jpg

Both posters available HERE, hurry up while supplies last

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
framed my Hero Complex Gallery Age of Ultron Stout today from Michaels with the 70% off, two weeks can't wait

went middle of the road with the frame etc

Reactions: Jason Bourne
framed my Hero Complex Gallery Age of Ultron Stout today from Michaels with the 70% off, two weeks can't wait

went middle of the road with the frame etc

Wow can't wait to see. What did it set you back ? :whistle:

Wow can't wait to see. What did it set you back ? :whistle:

I was looking at four options

Option 1 – Good frame, double matted - $233
Option 2 – Good frame, accent, one mat - $265
Option 3 – Better frame, double matted - $280
Option 4 – Better frame, accent, one mat - $312

I’m trying to use Michael’s terminology for the frames (Basic, Good, Better, Best, etc)

I went option 2, but that was after missing all the prints in the Mondo sale and me not buying other prints...

no problem, framing can be expensive. I know someone that does it on the cheap, basic black frame no mats usually costs her about $100 and she'll frame like 4 at a time, i frame 1 every once in a while but most times the framing is in the $250-$300 range with either a double mat or mat and accent combo

no problem, framing can be expensive. I know someone that does it on the cheap, basic black frame no mats usually costs her about $100 and she'll frame like 4 at a time, i frame 1 every once in a while but most times the framing is in the $250-$300 range with either a double mat or mat and accent combo

Basic black frames and no mat costing $100 is wayyyy over priced. Hobby Lobby you can get 24x36 frames for like $60 I recall. And even so I then only buy them on the half off frames week for $30 which they seem to run monthly.

I have one 24x36 black frame (wood) with one mat that I did myself from americanframe.com when they had a code (but they rarely do!) and I spend about $80. Not bad.

Overall tho I've noticed that the quality you get from a professional framer (Michaels included if your peeps are good) can look so much more amazing then the others that in the end the extra dough is worth it. I never look at one of those and think "How can I redo that better?" Where as with others that can happen ... so then its like why didn't I just spend the money right the first time. ha.

Basic black frames and no mat costing $100 is wayyyy over priced. Hobby Lobby you can get 24x36 frames for like $60 I recall. And even so I then only buy them on the half off frames week for $30 which they seem to run monthly.

I have one 24x36 black frame (wood) with one mat that I did myself from americanframe.com when they had a code (but they rarely do!) and I spend about $80. Not bad.

Overall tho I've noticed that the quality you get from a professional framer (Michaels included if your peeps are good) can look so much more amazing then the others that in the end the extra dough is worth it. I never look at one of those and think "How can I redo that better?" Where as with others that can happen ... so then its like why didn't I just spend the money right the first time. ha.
@Wreck @mllNY
Do any framers do bulk deals if you (for example) buy and have framed 10 posters? I would love to be able to get baseline framing jobs in the $100 per poster range if possible. (And basic frames suit me fine).

PSYCHIC TV (Milano 2015)
Artist: Malleus
Size: 50×70cm
Edition: 120 S/N
Price: --
Info: 7-color Screenprint
malleus-Psychic-TV-Milano-2015.jpg
On sale Friday, December 4th at a random time HERE.

MUDHONEY (Mezzago 2015)
Artist: Malleus
Size: 50×70cm
Edition: 102 S/N
Price: 35€
Info: 2 colours plus red blackligh on ultra black paper,
Mudhoney_web-_nova.jpg mudhoney_BL_web-_nova.jpg
On sale HERE.

PEARL JAM (Rio De Janeiro, 2015)
Artist: Ben Horton
Size: 18"x 24"
Edition: 100 signed
Price: $60
Info: 1 color screen print on the back of the poster with a holographic stamp
Pearl-Jam-Ben-Horton-Rio-de-Janeiro-Brazil-Poster-2015-1.jpeg
On sale HERE.

PEARL JAM (Belo Horizonte, 2015)
Artist: John Fellows
Size: 12"x 36"
Edition: AP S/N --
Info: 6-color screen print / 1-color back
Pearl-Jam-John-Fellows-Belo-Horizonte-Brazil-Poster-2015.jpeg
On sale at 10am EST Friday morning HERE.

MY MORNING JACKET (New York, 2015)
Artist: Matt Leunig
Edition: AP S/N regular 50 / foil 27
Price: regular $40 / foil $100
Info: 5-color screenprint
MMJ_NYC.jpg MMJfoil.jpg
On sale HERE.

PUSCIFER (Vancouver, 2015)
Artist: Miles Tsang
Edition: AP S/N regular 150 / variant 50
Info: 6-color prints, glow in the dark
Miles-Tsang-Puscifer-Poster-Vancouver-2015.jpg Miles-Tsang-Puscifer-Poster-Vancouver-Variant-2015.jpg
On sale Friday, December 4th at a random time HERE.