General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ricardo13 honestly signatures depend person to person. I personally only really want the artists signature. I know people though that get Stan Lee's signature on their Stouts. So really it depends.

if you are person like me, I'd sooner search for a print without the signature than pay more, but you could ask for more for a signed print.

I decided against it because for me signatures don’t mean anything to me I just wanted the print so didn’t feel the price was accurate through doing abit of research
I have however just purchased my first ever print and a second actually and can’t wait to share them with you on here when they arrive

• Thanks
Reactions: raspor
@Ricardo13 To me, signatures dont mean much unless i'm getting them myself. I guess because there'd be a memory attached to it. At which point, it'd be priceless. I dont think I will ever pay extra just because it's got a signature. Same concept for anything really, not just prints. But that's just me.

Cant wait to see your first print. Share lot of pics here :thumbs:

Okay here's another attempt. Finally got this bad boy finished a few weeks ago and hung it up last week. Please tell me what you think. (Yes it's not perfectly centered, I'm going to move the book shelf) Sorry I'm not an expert photographer by any means and have no clue how to avoid all those reflections.

Number 13 (my FAVORITE number!) of 15 for Stan and Vince's Foil Variant of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's been a relatively long process but I'm very happy with the result. I actually paid for the framing back in November on black friday. I knew right when I bought the print (probably about a year ago) that I was going to make it the center of my Harry Potter display. Although I wouldn't consider my current potter display to be my ideal space, it's what I have for now, and I'm happy with it. I decided I wanted to include a quote to kind of make it stand out, so I made sure they left extra spacing on the bottom with the mating.

harry.jpg

I actually experienced much difficulty finding material to get a larger quote engraved on. If any of you have any useful info, please pass it on because I plan to eventually replace it. What I ended up going with was a 2x10 plastic piece that I had Things Remembered engrave for the small small price of around $150 (I was definitely not excited about that but I didn't have much choice). Luckily my wife is an amazing woman and pushed me to finish it up even though we are on a very tight budget. I would like to eventually replace it with a metal sheet that's like stainless steel or something. Just shinier and cleaner, but for now I am still very happy with how it turned out.

harry2.jpg

When it comes to the quote I chose, I didn't want it to be too "mainstream" I guess. Like I wasn't about the more popular "cookie cutter" quotes, and I was also struggling because I knew Things Remembered was going to charge me $3 a word. I've always really loved the part of the movie where Hermione tells this story, and it's actually one of my favorite moments in all the movies. And as you can tell from my profile pic that I've never changed over the 6 years I've been here on HiDef, I am a huge Emma Watson fan. In the end, my beautiful wife told me to go with what I really wanted, after all, we already spent a small fortune on the frame.

harry3.jpg

The last picture is to just show a little better picture of the frame. I love the color and the texture of it; it reminds me a little of snakes skin so I thought it brought that in well.

Anyway that's about enough from me. I could talk about this thing for much longer but I will spare you all. I'd appreciate some feedback even if it's just "looks good man" because after all that's what we are all looking for here on this forum. I'm happy to share my passion with everyone here who will look.

Mike

Okay here's another attempt. Finally got this bad boy finished a few weeks ago and hung it up last week. Please tell me what you think. (Yes it's not perfectly centered, I'm going to move the book shelf) Sorry I'm not an expert photographer by any means and have no clue how to avoid all those reflections.

Number 13 (my FAVORITE number!) of 15 for Stan and Vince's Foil Variant of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's been a relatively long process but I'm very happy with the result. I actually paid for the framing back in November on black friday. I knew right when I bought the print (probably about a year ago) that I was going to make it the center of my Harry Potter display. Although I wouldn't consider my current potter display to be my ideal space, it's what I have for now, and I'm happy with it. I decided I wanted to include a quote to kind of make it stand out, so I made sure they left extra spacing on the bottom with the mating.

View attachment 365656

I actually experienced much difficulty finding material to get a larger quote engraved on. If any of you have any useful info, please pass it on because I plan to eventually replace it. What I ended up going with was a 2x10 plastic piece that I had Things Remembered engrave for the small small price of around $150 (I was definitely not excited about that but I didn't have much choice). Luckily my wife is an amazing woman and pushed me to finish it up even though we are on a very tight budget. I would like to eventually replace it with a metal sheet that's like stainless steel or something. Just shinier and cleaner, but for now I am still very happy with how it turned out.

View attachment 365657

When it comes to the quote I chose, I didn't want it to be too "mainstream" I guess. Like I wasn't about the more popular "cookie cutter" quotes, and I was also struggling because I knew Things Remembered was going to charge me $3 a word. I've always really loved the part of the movie where Hermione tells this story, and it's actually one of my favorite moments in all the movies. And as you can tell from my profile pic that I've never changed over the 6 years I've been here on HiDef, I am a huge Emma Watson fan. In the end, my beautiful wife told me to go with what I really wanted, after all, we already spent a small fortune on the frame.

View attachment 365658

The last picture is to just show a little better picture of the frame. I love the color and the texture of it; it reminds me a little of snakes skin so I thought it brought that in well.

Anyway that's about enough from me. I could talk about this thing for much longer but I will spare you all. I'd appreciate some feedback even if it's just "looks good man" because after all that's what we are all looking for here on this forum. I'm happy to share my passion with everyone here who will look.

Mike
That looks absolutely stunning dude! :OMG::notworthy:

Reactions: SlimJim24

View attachment 365656

View attachment 365657

View attachment 365658

Mike
Very cool!

@SlimJim24 gorgeous! really good job there. I thought it was Michael's. That frame looks familiar.

The only thing, maybe just the picture but is the poster centered in the mat? it looks based off the photo there is more of the gold in the top edge than the bottom , but it could just be your angle

harry.jpg

View attachment 365656

View attachment 365657

View attachment 365658

Mike

Hey that picture looks familiar?? hahaha

Never checked my copy for the number I have..... Love the frame and definitely a killer quote!!

Great job, man you have to love when there is someone behind you really supporting your hobby!!

@SlimJim24 gorgeous! really good job there. I thought it was Michael's. That frame looks familiar.

The only thing, maybe just the picture but is the poster centered in the mat? it looks based off the photo there is more of the gold in the top edge than the bottom , but it could just be your angle

Hey good looking out. Upon close inspection it's centered. I think the quote might just be a smidge off but I'm not too bothered.

thats the one thing with Michael's constantly the mats are not centered properly. like they will be wider in one corner than another and i've had them redo posters multiple times to fix it. sometimes its so blatant i can see it with my eyes

@SlimJim24 amazing frame job buddy, I know the small fortune you speak of as I did one of those epic frame jobs for my Inglourious Basterds Stout. Museum quality you got there. Very cool touch with the quote plate i got that on my django autographed piece. MIne came that way as I didnt do myself so cant tell you exactly where to get done in metal.

But I can say that likely a local engraver shop could do it and to search online I bet there is an etsy seller

yeah, a few.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=metal engraving plate&ref=auto3&as_prefix=metal engravi saw one 2x8 metal engraved for $13 can likely search around or contact some to try and get bigger plate.

WOW! That is amazing. I love the frame. Looks professional. I love the print as well. And a unique quote to boot. You went all out huh? And i see you got both set of steelbook collections. Your collection is superb. :cool: Thanks for the tag, because i love looking at other peoples' collection. :thumbs:

Thanks. It took a long time to finish but it was definitely worth the wait

I don’t have close to the space or resources that many of our ninjas have so I also love looking at others collections. I wish we could get more pics in here!

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
@SlimJim24 amazing frame job buddy, I know the small fortune you speak of as I did one of those epic frame jobs for my Inglourious Basterds Stout. Museum quality you got there. Very cool touch with the quote plate i got that on my django autographed piece. MIne came that way as I didnt do myself so cant tell you exactly where to get done in metal.

But I can say that likely a local engraver shop could do it and to search online I bet there is an etsy seller

yeah, a few.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=metal engraving plate&ref=auto3&as_prefix=metal engravi saw one 2x8 metal engraved for $13 can likely search around or contact some to try and get bigger plate.

Thanks! Now I just spend my days terrified that it’s going to fall off the wall. We have earth quakes here:wow:

Thanks! Now I just spend my days terrified that it’s going to fall off the wall. We have earth quakes here:wow:

I use "Gorilla Hooks" can be found at home depot or lowes or some other brand similar which are identical. they are made specifically for framing. It penetrates (Butthead: uh huh huh you said penetrate) the wall with only one hole but applies the force in the inside to the sheetrock. Its great for leaving small marks should you ever move etc but uses the entire strength of the whole drywall sheet to hold the frame. Best $5 or so you'll ever spend in that regard. I got a django unchained crazy heavy elaborate frame job with weight of a prop gun in there as well and I bought the gorilla hooks that can withstand like 75 lbs being hung. :thumbs:

Earthquakes be damned , its not coming off that wall unless the wall is coming down.

here some on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M9D0FO/?tag=hidefnin-20 $3.48 for a pair that holds 50 lbs!
gorillahook.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I use "Gorilla Hooks" can be found at home depot or lowes or some other brand similar which are identical. they are made specifically for framing. It penetrates (Butthead: uh huh huh you said penetrate) the wall with only one hole but applies the force in the inside to the sheetrock. Its great for leaving small marks should you ever move etc but uses the entire strength of the whole drywall sheet to hold the frame. Best $5 or so you'll ever spend in that regard. I got a django unchained crazy heavy elaborate frame job with weight of a prop gun in there as well and I bought the gorilla hooks that can withstand like 75 lbs being hung. :thumbs:

Earthquakes be damned , its not coming off that wall unless the wall is coming down.

here some on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M9D0FO/?tag=hidefnin-20 $3.48 for a pair that holds 50 lbs!
View attachment 366614

Man, so glad that I saw this! I have all of my posters unpacked and wasn't looking forward to giant holes in my new home's walls.

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
Man, so glad that I saw this! I have all of my posters unpacked and wasn't looking forward to giant holes in my new home's walls.
I used them in Arizona then put toothpaste in the holes when I moved out. :p years later till anyone notices. course putty and paint could handle as well, but who has time for that when packing up collectibles. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I used them in Arizona then put toothpaste in the holes when I moved out. :p years later till anyone notices. course putty and paint could handle as well, but who has time for that when packing up collectibles. :p

:LOL:

New owner being like, "Why the hell does my wall smell minty fresh?" :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck