Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GotG in UK theatres in july 31st, 2014 -> BD 4 months after, November 24th, 2014
GotG in GER theatres in August, 28th, 2014 -> BD 4 months after (and 10 days) January 8th, 2015

It takes 4 months for the BD, after the release in theatres (2 weeks more or less). Check the release date of GitS in german theatres, and you ì'll have your BD release date

30th March according to google. I don't suppose ultimately it matters, I'm often slow to watch stuff anyway :D

GotG in UK theatres in july 31st, 2014 -> BD 4 months after, November 24th, 2014
GotG in GER theatres in August, 28th, 2014 -> BD 4 months after (and 10 days) January 8th, 2015

It takes 4 months for the BD, after the release in theatres (2 weeks more or less). Check the release date of GitS in german theatres, and you ì'll have your BD release date

Whilst the US BD release of Logan is out May 23rd, the film only came out in early March. I'm sure it'll be July for us. :(

I'm so glad there are a lot more mature people on this site regarding this film.
Got my pre-order the moment I saw the steelbook (3D/2D BD version)
I have to say I would have liked a blue version but the steelbook does look fantastic

I have to say I would have liked a blue version but the steelbook does look fantastic
Looks like no blue version after all and we'll be given no choice of artwork and that the "rouge" Mondo style will be the WWA.
Regarding content looks like just the Zavvi with the 3D although there are at least a couple of options with the 4K:-
U.S. - 4K BD + 2D BD and 2D BD + DVD
U.K. - 4K BD + 2D BD and 3D BD + 2D BD
ITALY - 2D BD
FRANCE - 2D BD + 2hr 45 mins bonus BD + DVD

Last edited:
Hopefully they stick with that art! :drool:

Although there's some other fantastic poster art they could use if not, like the ones I used on my concept for example...

View attachment 303432

I seriously prefer your design more than the current artwork. The character, environment, effects, are so stylish and colorful in the movie and yet they had restricted the tone to shades of red, white and black... There might be a good reason why I missed the preorder for this... :whistle:

Reactions: Noodles
Debossing on the back should be neat. Spot gloss is nice, but I'm kinda surprised this one won't be full gloss. I wonder if the US release will go a different route and be fully flat and glossy.

Reactions: lgans316
It'd be a shame if they didn't spot gloss some elements on the back, too. I'm generally fine with the minimal style artwork, but it needs the right treatment to impress.

Spot gloss on Major character (Scarlett Johansson) on the font. Not sure if triangle is spot glossed on rear but it'll be debossed.

Thanks mate. Paramount used to be good but not anymore. Even 10.99 play.com Steelbooks were given full gloss treatments. Really hating this new trend of spot glossing a very minimal portion. Clearly they are cutting corners. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Thanks mate. Paramount used to be good but not anymore. Even 10.99 play.com Steelbooks were given full gloss treatments. Really hating this new trend of spot glossing a very minimal portion. Clearly they are cutting corners. :(
Totally agree with you.

It's all about maximizing profit now. The market is so saturated with steelbooks at the minute.

Reactions: lgans316