Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jeek

As the owner, I can say he does not do "a lot" for this forum. Spread that fud elsewhere. There are plenty of members here who sell on the aftermarket. We dont protect them. He is a valued member of the community tho as he helps in many instances members get stuff, and then yes he also tries to sell other stuff at inflated prices. I've seen him help many folks at cost , and of course also seen him sell many at high prices. I've seen that with MANY members who have come and gone and some still here over the decade this site has been around.

If someone can do it while remaining civil, people are free to call people out , bash them etc, if done without "attacking" to the point a mod needs to step in. You want to grab 10 copies of something and sell for 300 each then you should expect criticism if you are ousted. We are here to remain neutral in that. But if members curse, attack or take it to a whole other level then we come and clean it up (thread) then some want to act like we are condoning it. Nope. Its just how one wants to go about handling it. Last thing any of the staff wants to do is have to spend time on moderating that. Not here to protect resellers from the "heat" that comes from being int the kitchen.

I'm sorry if that sounded wrong, I just meant he's hosting GBs.
And I don't think anyone accused you of protecting him but maybe I missed some posts. :dunno:

Reactions: tanokike
All good jeek. There are other sites that view him as competition and (because he chooses to also host GBs here) at times some other lurkers try to spread agendas.

they’ll pop in a few times a year like “wow I can’t believe HDN allows him here, doesn’t surprise me from this lot“ and lots of other agenda spreading fud. That we protect him or other crap.

we can’t protect anyone from freedom of speech. All we ask is people keep it civil but if they want to call people out that’s their prerogative.

other collectible markets buy to sell etc. comics cards etc.

We only take issue when the retailers/labels are bad actors and make backdoor deals that hurt the hobby when they take copies off open market from consumers for scalping eBay prices from the jump.

Respectfully, if anyone here got 6 copies of this beauty, that should fall under the bad actor category. It’s not on the up and up in my opinion.

This level of scalping I think rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but if it’s your 1 or 2 copies because you are fortunate to have that many, whatcha really gonna do as you said to stop or even ask anyone to stop from getting any amount they feel comfortable with as distasteful as it may be?

But when myself and I’m sure others are feeling really blue we couldn’t get a whiff of this release (I offered $250 for god sakes and I can’t believe that I did) and want it so badly for our collections, and you hear someone not only got 6 (or whatever the number might be), it feels like FAC and how some people seem to be manipulating the system and that’s definitely not fair imho.

Maybe others will disagree but who knows how many others got more than a few out of such a small print run and hurt the rest of us from even having a chance to get one? This one stings a lot so forgive me for being so blunt. I really don’t know anyone involved but I really wanted to get this and it’s even a shame I had to go to $250 only to still get nowhere near what would have been accepted. :(

We only take issue when the retailers/labels are bad actors and make backdoor deals that hurt the hobby when they take copies off open market from consumers for scalping eBay prices from the jump.

Is that not what a certain person in power is doing here.......?

Nobody could get 6 copies without contacts. Even Karel couldn't host a GB......

I don’t think it’s fair to accuse anyone in making money in a free market. If he got the copies without fooling anyone or manipulating the website he should be absolutely free to do whatever he desires.
That should not be anyone’s business.
If you don’t like retailer’s practices with allowing individuals buying multiple copies, you should take your complaints to a retailer you have a problem with.
Also, he was never responsible for FAC or BB groupbuys, so I don’t understand why everyone is mentioning that he’s a groupbuy host. All GB’s he usually runs ( Manta, Nova, WeeT) have huge allocations for almost every release. Heck, you had a chance to buy JW3 from Nova when nobody could order it direct.

Eh, the money I’ve saved snagging many “grails” at normal price would make buying this at scalp prices a net win still.

Is that not what a certain person in power is doing here.......?

Nobody could get 6 copies without contacts. Even Karel couldn't host a GB......
Only people in power here are myself and Andy and we both got zero. Pretty sure he got zero. Granted, no interest. Never the less I would be going through Karel if i wanted, but if he couldnt get any then that's that i suppose for me.

I know years ago people were quietly selling off their fac numbers etc so not sure exactly how he acquired. If one thinks he can get an ample supply and he already hosts GBs for other products from other labels here perhaps we should have asked if he could host some for FAC stuff. *shrug*

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I don’t think it’s fair to accuse anyone in making money in a free market. If he got the copies without fooling anyone or manipulating the website he should be absolutely free to do whatever he desires.
That should not be anyone’s business.
If you don’t like retailer’s practices with allowing individuals buying multiple copies, you should take your complaints to a retailer you have a problem with.
Also, he was never responsible for FAC or BB groupbuys, so I don’t understand why everyone is mentioning that he’s a groupbuy host. All GB’s he usually runs ( Manta, Nova, WeeT) have huge allocations for almost every release. Heck, you had a chance to buy JW3 from Nova when nobody could order it direct.
I always try and order direct instead of using a GB if possible. So for John Wick 3 I missed out as it sold out in minutes.

So I went cap in hand to said GB host asking if he could help out (I wanted the lenti) and I was told I could get one but it was from his personal 'stash' so I would have to pay considerably more. I was prepared to pay a bit more obviously, but not the price I was quoted. I could have just gone to eBay for that.

So I guess community service did in fact go out the window that day.

It's well for him that he can accumulate stashes for personal gain while the everyday forum supporter gets screwed in return. How do you prove what was his allocation and what is his 'stash'?

Luckily another GB host elsewhere hooked me up for a great price. So there are still people who can help out if your lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Respectfully, if anyone here got 6 copies of this beauty, that should fall under the bad actor category. It’s not on the up and up in my opinion.

This level of scalping I think rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but if it’s your 1 or 2 copies because you are fortunate to have that many, whatcha really gonna do as you said to stop or even ask anyone to stop from getting any amount they feel comfortable with as distasteful as it may be?

But when myself and I’m sure others are feeling really blue we couldn’t get a whiff of this release (I offered $250 for god sakes and I can’t believe that I did) and want it so badly for our collections, and you hear someone not only got 6 (or whatever the number might be), it feels like FAC and how some people seem to be manipulating the system and that’s definitely not fair imho.

Maybe others will disagree but who knows how many others got more than a few out of such a small print run and hurt the rest of us from even having a chance to get one? This one stings a lot so forgive me for being so blunt. I really don’t know anyone involved but I really wanted to get this and it’s even a shame I had to go to $250 only to still get nowhere near what would have been accepted. :(
I totally agree with you. It's just when people somehow think HDN has any control over it it is my point and what i then reply to. The only person who has ever hosted GBs here for fac stuff has been karel, so if he cant help then we know crap all about what is going on. We're trying to offer a place for discussion, the good, the bad, and the ugly. When we can help in supplying copies of any edition, we try our best. Many retailers just have no problem in selling qty amounts they likely shouldnt allow as it is hurting the overall consumer experience. Most commonly its always WWA stuff too because if you were limiting purchases to X qty then you could better judge that model for sales and future releases. The reason why their edition sizes can be lower than demand is they are usually at the power of the distributor who is sitting on X number of steels and cant get more.

There is definitely a WHOLE lot of inefficiencies throughout the entire hobby when it comes to the more collectible stuff.

I always try and order direct instead of using a GB if possible. So for John Wick 3 I missed out as it sold out in minutes.

So I went cap in hand to said GB host asking if he could help out (I wanted the lenti) and I was told I could get one but it was from his personal 'stash' so I would have to pay considerably more. I was prepared to pay a bit more obviously, but not the price I was quoted. I could have just gone to eBay for that.

So I guess community service did in fact go out the window that day.

It's well for him that he can accumulate stashes for personal gain while the everyday forum supporter gets screwed in return. How do you prove what was his allocation and what is his 'stash'?

Luckily another GB host elsewhere hooked me up for a great price. So there are still people who can help out if your lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

You made a calculated choice to not join a groupbuy and took a risk to try to buy something direct to save on the associated fees which I have nothing to do with. I had submitted my orders prior to public preorder and there was nothing more to add. The GB itself was open for a long time with no restrictions.
You want me to buy stuff from pocket and help you out in this scenario?? Lot of people ask me to hold stuff for them in advance and honor the purchase when they are able to pay shortly after the GB and public preorder closes. You do not fit that criteria.

Lot of people feel entitled to being helped but think about it that what have you done personally to help others out. My stash is stuff I pay for with my personal funds, is it that hard to understand and not from GB allocation. I refused several old members and moderators many times also so you were not treated any different. There is nothing to prove here, there are no backside alley deals with any retailer.

Someone here recently missed out on the Manta Joker Box Set and I had only ordered 2 extras personally to sell later, gave them one at cost and Manta is not able to add any as of now to refill that. They asked nicely , had contacted me before and have joined multiple GB's so they fit the criteria of being helped out. I know that GB host from elsewhere who helped you out ;) That same GB host is selling Joker Manta on eBay right now for 3x the price and you are all praises because obviously you didnt get affected.

Here is a list to your own sales thread on HDN. Nothing you are selling is at cost and is pretty much aligned with eBay prices: [IRL] BluSteel2012's Steelbooks & Blu Rays For Sale/Trade

My only job here is to make as much quantity available as needed when the groupbuys are open, nobody has to be turned down saying we ran out and make sure you get what you paid for.

Last edited: