Godzilla - In theaters May 16, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla (2014)

Tagline: A king's arrival is never silent.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Aaron Taylor-Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juliette Binoche[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sally Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Strathairn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]CJ Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carson Bolde[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard T. Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Victor Rasuk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Keeso[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luc Roderique[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Pizzinato[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Sapienza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Markinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuki Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Shields[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Lough Haggquist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Keenleyside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Yamamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiro Kanagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James D. Dever[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Olsson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kurt Max Runte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Teed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Konechny[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Fifteen years after an 'incident' at a Japanese nuclear power plant, physicist Joe Brody joins forces with his soldier son Ford to discover for themselves what really happened. What they uncover is prelude to global-threatening devastation. An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
szVwkB4H5yyOJBVuQ432b9boO0N.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla awakens from its slumber to wreak destruction on its creators.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (screenplay), Frank Darabont (screenplay),
David S. Goyer (story)
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ECUbuBrbP1g[/media]#t=143

Attachments

• 532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
‘Godzilla’ Dominates Box Office in Japan With $6.9 Mil. Debut

The film debuted to an estimated $6.9 million across 773 screens. The opening is on a par with “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” which grossed $54.2 million in Japan, and more than double that of “Pacific Rim,” which went on to make $14.5 million in the country.

It was a home-coming for the scaly beast. The Legendary Entertainment release was distributed by Toho in Japan, the company behind the original Godzilla movie. The distributor and exhibitor is enjoying the strongest year in its history, putting up a record first half box office of $365 million.

Warner Bros. handled the international rollout for the other territories. So far, “Godzilla” has earned $498.3 million worldwide.

There’s more global destruction to come. At Comic-Con this week, Legendary revealed that Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will be featured in the next king of the monsters sequel. The next “Godzilla” hits theaters on Dec. 16, 2016.
- variety.com

Godzilla crosses the $500 million mark at the box office

arner Bros. and Legendary Pictures’ reboot of the iconic King of the Monsters has roared its way to the half billion mark at the global box office, with a strong showing in Japan helping to propel Godzilla past the $500 million mark worldwide. The film – which already has a sequel in development featuring classic Godzilla foes Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah - is currently sitting on $507.4 million, having pulled in $200.1 million domestically and $307.3 million from international markets.
- flickeringmyth.com

Maybe I'm alone on this, but didn't rate the film that high. better than Transformers 4, but not one of the better films I saw this year. Still pick up the steelbook though!

Finally saw this tonight! Thanks for the Future Shop steelbook... yes, there's a movie Inside those metal casing! :p
So, it was great. Really great. Being a neophyte with Gojira (hehe), I found their story entertaining (history... atomic bomb, etc...). Of course, those two lovebirds were a little bit akward, but the King of the Monsters saves the day! Woot!
Was finding it weird to see Kick-Ass in couple with Olsen #3 since we've seen them as brother/sister in upcoming Avengers... oh well... she's cute! :D

Next time, we'll try to pass over 15 min of the "big man"! Let's say 30 min out of 2 hours... would be a great upgrade from our 11 min right now... :p

Finally! An Honest Trailer! :D

:hilarious::rofl::LOL:
Pouahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Last edited:
@Drum18 EPIC Review! :woot: :D Took you long enough to finally get around at seeing this! o_O LOL! :p

Elizabeth Olsen is very fu**ing CUTE! :drool:
Elizabeth_Olsen.jpg

Definitely watching this before I go to sleep tonight! :sleep: :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
Bryan Cranston on the handling of his character

cranston-shock-header.jpg

Via shocktillyoudrop

Cranston had this to say:

“That character dying at that time was a mistake. I knew it when I read it. When I read it I said, ‘Oh, page 50 this character who was the emotional core at the center, that was guiding the audience in the story up to that point – he dies?’ What a waste…They kind of dealt with it poorly, that’s my only criticism of it because I think it was a fun movie, it was a very successful movie. I told them that even if I wasn’t doing this role, that character shouldn’t die at that point. It’s just bad narrative, but they were too far down the road.”

Cranston even had suggestions on how to make it work better for the filmmakers, but they obviously never came to fruition.

“That character should have been with his son and they would’ve started to bond a little bit more and they went on this journey together to go back home and be reintroduced to his grandson. Just when they’re bonding and it looks like they could have a relationship, the father sacrifices himself to save his son. And that’s the way he should have died.”