Godzilla - In theaters May 16, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla (2014)

Tagline: A king's arrival is never silent.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Aaron Taylor-Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juliette Binoche[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sally Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Strathairn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]CJ Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carson Bolde[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard T. Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Victor Rasuk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Keeso[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luc Roderique[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Pizzinato[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Sapienza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Markinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuki Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Shields[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Lough Haggquist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Keenleyside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Yamamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiro Kanagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James D. Dever[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Olsson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kurt Max Runte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Teed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Konechny[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Fifteen years after an 'incident' at a Japanese nuclear power plant, physicist Joe Brody joins forces with his soldier son Ford to discover for themselves what really happened. What they uncover is prelude to global-threatening devastation. An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
szVwkB4H5yyOJBVuQ432b9boO0N.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla awakens from its slumber to wreak destruction on its creators.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (screenplay), Frank Darabont (screenplay),
David S. Goyer (story)
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ECUbuBrbP1g[/media]#t=143

Attachments

• 532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a confession to make, I still haven't seen this!!!... I KNOW!!!
My wife and I bought tickets to the friday opening night show but that day i was rushed to the ER and been in the hospital for over 2 weeks. Luckly i'm out now So i'm making a big effort to catch up. Got to see x-men and this is next on the list.

Can't wait to see it, but all the awesome "big screens" aren't showing it in my area anymore. I wanted to see this in IMAX so bad. oh well.

Quick Question for people who have seen it. 3D or no 3D?

I have a confession to make, I still haven't seen this!!!... I KNOW!!!
My wife and I bought tickets to the friday opening night show but that day i was rushed to the ER and been in the hospital for over 2 weeks. Luckly i'm out now So i'm making a big effort to catch up. Got to see x-men and this is next on the list.

Can't wait to see it, but all the awesome "big screens" aren't showing it in my area anymore. I wanted to see this in IMAX so bad. oh well.

Quick Question for people who have seen it. 3D or no 3D?

You still haven't seen this!!!!!!! EEK! :angry: :violent: Screw the ER! It could of waited! :p just kidding mate! WOW! You were in the hospital for 2 weeks? I hope all is well with you buddy! :thumbs:

I'm glad you enjoyed X-Men: DoFP! Awesome movie! :thumbs:

As for Godzilla.... you know my thoughts and my uncontrollable excitement towards it! :naughty: Go see it my friend! :thumbs: 3D only if its IMAX, if not, then regular 2D! That's just my 2 cents! Me and Maleficent, err I mean, my wife :p... we're gonna go see it again tomorrow for the 3rd time! F**K YEAH! :LOL: :scat: :oohyeah:

Cant wait! :movie:

Reactions: kaw
You still haven't seen this!!!!!!! EEK! :angry: :violent: Screw the ER! It could of waited! :p just kidding mate! WOW! You were in the hospital for 2 weeks? I hope all is well with you buddy! :thumbs:

As for Godzilla.... you know my thoughts and my uncontrollable excitement towards it! :naughty: Go see it my friend! :thumbs: 3D only if its IMAX, if not, then regular 2D! That's just my 2 cents! Me and Maleficent, err I mean, my wife :p... we're gonna go see it again tomorrow for the 3rd time! F**K YEAH! :LOL: :scat: :oohyeah:

Cant wait! :movie:

Thanks! Ya things are slowly getting better. just so happy to be out.

Im so angry i missed out on IMAX, there is also something here in Canada called Ultra AVX which is like the next best thing and its not playing in that either. Just standard screens. Looks like 2D then. Thanks for the advice! Going to go this weekend for sure!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
FINALLY SAW IT!!!! :thumbs:
Awesome Movie! So freakin' good! I just wish it had MORE GODZILLA!!! haha.

I think we saw the MUTO(s) more then him? Not that they weren't cool, but I could have used more of the big guy and less of them.

Oh and I wish it had more Bryan Cranston as well. But now im just being picky.

Still loved it tho!

I thought this movie was no better than average.

The human story arcs are just not entertaining enough to keep my attention. I felt little connection with any of them other than Cranston.

Godzilla seemed like a guest to his own party. The annoying scene cuts when Godzilla was just about to f**k **** up, was.....well.....annoying!!!!

Love the design of Godzilla, and no doubting there were some great moments, but overall I can't help feeling like this was another missed opportunity :(

DAMN lucky foreign bastards!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :p

China is getting a NEW Godzilla Theatrical Poster!!! :thumbs: I want it!!! :cool: :naughty:

godzilla2014-china-poster.jpg

And Japan will be getting a FU**ING EPIC Godzilla Statue! EEK! Damn that would look awesome next to my 8 foot King Kong Statue! :oohyeah: :drool: :scat:

Godzilla_Japanese_Statue1.jpg

Godzilla_Japanese_Statue2.jpg

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IRON MAN
@tridon @PunkNinja
Comic-Con: Let Them Fight! Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah to Appear in Godzilla Sequel! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121103

Just announced in a new teaser at their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures have confirmed that the previously-announced sequel to Godzilla will once again be directed by Gareth Edwards and feature three classic monsters: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah! Our own Ed Douglas described the teaser as follows:

"They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag: "There is still one secret that remains hidden," "There are others." And then we see a shadow of what's clearly Rodan with the words "Codename: Rodan." Then they show the old Mothra with the title "Codename: Mothra," and lastly.... "Codename: Ghidorah! Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent." Followed by the words "LET THEM FIGHT"

Edwards also confirmed that he won't return to direct the sequel until after his already-announced Star Wars spin-off film. No official release date has been set for the film.

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on!!! :notworthy: :cool:

Last edited:
‘Godzilla’ Winning Weekend Box Office in Japan

TOKYO – “Godzilla,” Gareth Edwards’ Hollywood retelling of the classic Japanese monster tale, appears on course to top the box office in Japan.

Japanese entertainment press typically reports weekend B.O. rankings on Monday and nationwide data only on Tuesday. But industry insiders posting on the popular 2-channel message board suggest that “Godzilla” should win its opening frame in its last major world territory to release.

Released in four different versions (2D sub-titled and dubbed, 3D subbed and dubbed) on 773 screens on Friday by local exhibition/distribution powerhouse Toho, the picture topped rankings at both online ticket sales sites and Tokyo area multiplexes.

According to one unofficial source, “Godzilla” sold a total of 70,009 tickets on Saturday, compared with 35,309 for second place “Maleficent” and 28,605 for third-place “The Eight Rangers 2,” the sequel to a hit 2012 superhero picture.

But posters on both Twitter and 2-channel also reported many empty seats at “Godzilla” screenings, with the blazing hot weather in much of Japan given as one reason.

Local predictions of the pic’s weekend take vary, but hover around the $5 million mark. Warner Bros, which co-financed the film with Legendary Pictures, and which handles the release in most other territories, is expected to release studio estimates on Sunday evening PST.

Online reviews in Japan have been mixed, with some complimenting Edwards for his faithfulness to the Japanese original, while others complain about the title star’s lack of on-screen time.

At a press event at ComiCon Legendary this weekend announced that Edwards would direct a sequel for release in 2017.
- variety.com