Godzilla - In theaters May 16, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla (2014)

Tagline: A king's arrival is never silent.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Aaron Taylor-Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juliette Binoche[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sally Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Strathairn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]CJ Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carson Bolde[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard T. Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Victor Rasuk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Keeso[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luc Roderique[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Pizzinato[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Sapienza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Markinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuki Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Shields[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Lough Haggquist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Keenleyside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Yamamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiro Kanagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James D. Dever[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Olsson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kurt Max Runte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Teed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Konechny[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Fifteen years after an 'incident' at a Japanese nuclear power plant, physicist Joe Brody joins forces with his soldier son Ford to discover for themselves what really happened. What they uncover is prelude to global-threatening devastation. An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
szVwkB4H5yyOJBVuQ432b9boO0N.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla awakens from its slumber to wreak destruction on its creators.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (screenplay), Frank Darabont (screenplay),
David S. Goyer (story)
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ECUbuBrbP1g[/media]#t=143

Attachments

• 532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by a moderator:
:D

Must admit I wouldn't mind watching it again.....it's been a few years

Do yourself a favour when you watch it... view it as a giant creature feature, but not as a Godzilla film. You'll probably end up enjoying it a lot more if you go that route. I personally love the 1998 Roland Emmerich film. It was action-packed, had enjoyable performances from the entire cast and the sound was phenomenal. I think people dislike it so much because it's so different from the Godzilla that they know and love.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I watched the Broderick remake last week. I used to love it till I heard everybody talking bad about it. Then I really watched it and the scenes with Godzilla running through NY City did look really cheesy.

A description of the trailer that was shown during the panel at Comic-Con (courtesy of Vulture.com):

We're smack in the middle of the big Warner Bros. presentation at Hall H, and the studio just showed off a trailer for Godzilla … which looks pretty freakin' cool, kids! If you didn't get your fill of giant creatures battling in Pacific Rim, then Godzilla will surely sate you, but the most remarkable thing about the trailer was its tone: Fully 80% of it was just long takes of its stars reacting in fear. Elizabeth Olsen runs across a Superdome-type triage area, crying. Aaron Johnson peers up from a rifle, mouth agape. Bryan Cranston sprints past a passel of military men running the other way. And then came the longest take of all: A giant winged monster attacks an airport tarmac, a scene shot from inside the airport as a crowd of people watch the action taking place just outside the windows. And as we track right past those giant airport windows, the monster setting everything aflame in its path, suddenly a giant presence appears on the right to stop the monster in its tracks: Godzilla. It worked!

Looks like there's going to be another monster so Godzilla appears more as a hero than a villain! :scat:

Just saw 2 names in the writing credits:

Frank Darabont (screenplay) - Walking Dead, Shawshank Redemption, The Mist, The Green Mile
David S. Goyer (story) - Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel

WOW!!! Impressive!