The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of mixed about the artwork..... I like the idea of it as the Walkman plays a large part of the movie, but there was so many superb posters and artwork made for the movie that there could've been a truly fantastic steelbook made. However, I will be having this :D

That art card is the deal breaker for me :D

Looking forward to getting this and watching it again (hopefully over the Xmas period)

Trying to determine if it's worth it to just wait for this to release at best buy which is literally down the street from me. Or if I should get the UK version only because it comes out two weeks earlier than the BB version. I'll pay $50 for the Zavvi one but will have it earlier or pay $27.99 and wait an extra two weeks. The artwork is the same on both also.

Artwork is different, as the BB and Futureshop ones will have the title on the front; the UK one won't. The UK one won't have the better J-Card either

Artwork is different, as the BB and Futureshop ones will have the title on the front; the UK one won't. The UK one won't have the better J-Card either

Oo yea that's right! I forgot the title will be on front for US and Canada. But as far as waiting or being impatient and paying more I think I'll just get the BB version. I'll just have to wait 2 weeks to watch it as opposed to getting it the 24th of Nov.

Reactions: cooey
I'm starting to really like the cassette artwork, especially with the title. Although, I will probably hate the spine (hopefully it's not off like CAtWS)

I kind of like the digital release cover a little more, though:

I still don't admire the artwork... I'm gonna get it because the BB release will be the cheapest worldwide. Even if the BB version is glossy, has awesome industry defining debossing, and applies the best quality control work with no flaws, it's still an awful looking steel. Nice slip by the way.

I'm kind of mixed about the artwork..... I like the idea of it as the Walkman plays a large part of the movie, but there was so many superb posters and artwork made for the movie that there could've been a truly fantastic steelbook made. However, I will be having this :D
Totally agree

Reactions: cooey
Anyone else happen to catch the picture of the steel on kimchi, I noticed today when I was on the site or the Iron Man steel, it looks like a clear slip that shows the title on the side and some other, I kinda like this slip better.

FszWyuW.jpg

Anyone else happen to catch the picture of the steel on kimchi, I noticed today when I was on the site or the Iron Man steel, it looks like a clear slip that shows the title on the side and some other, I kinda like this slip better.

FszWyuW.jpg
Korea has done this with Monsters U, Frozen, Thor 2 and Cap America 2. Offered the clear slip with title, spine treatments, etc. They have all turned out nice so far ;)