digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I only ask because I never got an e-mail from Zavvi. I usually do when they get 'last few remaining'.

No worries. Yeah, I got an email, but not til after I'd already found out. Since I missed out on the first round of pre-orders, I've been checking it regularly to see if anymore became available. With the release of the artwork, seems a few people cancelled.

:stop: I'm a bit late seeing this art ....wow as people have said before it does not represent the film at all (just a small section/ joke) where are all the interesting characters so many different designs (i like that they play 80s music in film and hes a child of the 80s.. but its more than just one character) i never thought id miss the days of marvel steels having faces on the spine and no title ..oh well the amaray looks good.

Reactions: Ataneruo
:stop: I'm a bit late seeing this art ....wow as people have said before it does not represent the film at all (just a small section/ joke).

:confused: Surely the mixtape/Walkman plays a huge part in the film and is a perfect representation of it? The tape and Walkman play a part during the opening scene with Peter as a kid, and then the introduction of 'star lord'. Peter getting the Walkman back does have some comic relief but also shows how emotionally attached to it Peter is, and don't forget the mix tape is literally the soundtrack to the film.... I can't think of anything else that would make a better design to represent the film

This is why we can't have nice things! The one time Disney actually decides to make an effort and produce some original steelbook art, this is what happens. Still, I see your point: this doesn't exactly scream Marvel, and would probably be more relevant to a music flick like Hi Fidelity.

At least now you'll understand how I feel about the Disney collection. The difference is of course that this artwork is good on it's own, while the Disney collection is riddled with subpar artwork (there are exceptions) that could easily have been replaced by classy poster art.