Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (4K & 3D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

meaner

Premium Supporter
Dec 19, 2011
Release date: November 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D (Pre-order on Black Friday, November 23)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £26.99 (3D+2D)
Note: Lenticular

11931165-8834622707113180.jpg

11931164-6614622707482888.jpg
11931165-2044622706864837.jpg
11931165-1184622707252638.jpg
11931165-1104622707318263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So Zavvi's new plan is to just rip off Blufans releases any more!

Pass. Why couldn't they just release this first time round instead of dragging out the cash cow again?

When will you guys learn?

Zavvi has already learned. People who bought before will buy again. Lots of double and triple dippers. This will sell out like always.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord

Pass. Why couldn't they just release this first time round instead of dragging out the cash cow again?

Steelbook design is done by Marvel/Disney not Zavvi

All films that are marvel/disney produced or distributed by disney the artwork is property of the film studio and previous artwork with another retailer can be used in another country at any stage if the film studio decide to do this
Some releases the retailer can have a time period exclusive on artwork used but often only applies to that region it was released

Blufans artwork that was on Double Lenti Full Slip was a retailer exclusive to China not worldwide
All artwork is owned by Marvel/Disney to be used as they see fit

Steelbook design is done by Marvel/Disney not Zavvi

All films that are marvel/disney produced or distributed by disney the artwork is property of the film studio and previous artwork with another retailer can be used in another country at any stage if the film studio decide to do this
Some releases the retailer can have a time period exclusive on artwork used but often only applies to that region it was released

Blufans artwork that was used was exclusive to China not worldwide
I know all this.

But its Zavvi that's taking your money......

As much as I’d love the wwa arts to be more like these, this is a different range. It’s obvious they are going to continue considering every other film has had the same over the past 2 years.

Just like HMV releasing lenti versions of wolverine and Spider-Man

And black panther and infinity war will most likely happen just after captain marvel comes out at the cinema

The only one I don’t own is the lenti editon for guardians 1. It’s shocking. But this looks decent. Shame it won’t be gloss

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I actually prefer this to BluFans' (their back art let the steel down IMO), so will definitely be in for this!

So here we go again. They release it and you buy it and then 6 months out comes a far superior version and you buy it again. Why the f**k don't we get this type of steelbook on its original release? We really are being conned

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
So a littke off topic, but seeing as they are doing this and Thor Ragnarok, are they not doing a lenti of Spiderman seeing as that came out before Thor. I know it’s weird because of it still technically being under Sont, but I’m hoping it gets a lenti version to complete the collection

So a littke off topic, but seeing as they are doing this and Thor Ragnarok, are they not doing a lenti of Spiderman seeing as that came out before Thor. I know it’s weird because of it still technically being under Sont, but I’m hoping it gets a lenti version to complete the collection

It would take the kind chaps at Sony to do homecoming with a Lenti magnet like they did with their other Spider-Man films for that to happen. You're certainly not going to get one from Zavvi/Disney

4K AND 3D.....finally someone’s listening

Already have 3 steels and the vinyl movie/OST for this so can’t justify another expenditure but it’s tempting,,,,

I have learned. I didnt buy the first one :p Mostly because it was absolutely terrible.