Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (4K & 3D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

meaner

Premium Supporter
Dec 19, 2011
Release date: November 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D (Pre-order on Black Friday, November 23)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £26.99 (3D+2D)
Note: Lenticular

11931165-8834622707113180.jpg

11931164-6614622707482888.jpg
11931165-2044622706864837.jpg
11931165-1184622707252638.jpg
11931165-1104622707318263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the entire lenti line so far but might skip these. No Homecoming (which I knew was a possibility) and a sudden switch to poorly put together collages are disappointing, plus I already need to triple dip on the inevitable 4K releases of 12 more MCU movies.

I would have preferred the back of Ragnarok on the front, and the black and white Guardians poster would have been a better fit with the first movie, not sure how well it would work as a lenti though.

Last edited:
Yes indeedy, although I don't see a full lenticular on this Zavvi Disney lenticular steelbook collection - not impossible of course but if so would be a first.

As can be seen, previous two had a lot more in their favour than just embossed titles . . . so 'bossing on these upcoming two now not so much clutching at straws as would have been had we not had CIVIL WAR and DOCTOR STRANGE.
I'd say potential here for something v. special . . . not unreasonable expectation, if potential is fulfilled, for two "Best 2018 UK Steelbook" candidates.

Three ways the front & back of this steelbook could benefit from 'bossing:-
GOOD - just emboss the title
BETTER - emboss the four characters in the foreground (Baby Groot, Star Lord, Gamorra and Rocket Racoon) + the title at the same level.
BEST - As above, but also with a de-bossed back - the area above the artwork - the top 1/3 of the steelbook above the character's heads . . . artwork stays on the same level as the frame and the de-bossed space above the heads and the framing border . . . hey presto embossed artwork.
So simple . . . but will they cough up and go for it?

It would be great if they went to those sort of lengths and indeed, the question is will they? I am going to try and manage my own expectations and be happy with just an embossed title. Anything more will be a pretty nice bonus.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I knew it sooner or later we'll get a good looking Guardians 2 steelbook. I'm glad I passed on the horrible "don't push" WWA steelbook.
Now this one? Instant buy!
Hmmmm. Interesting. I think this art is crap and I like the Don’t Push art. Weird:joy:

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Hmmmm. Interesting. I think this art is crap and I like the Don’t Push art. Weird:joy:
As far as WWA steelbooks go I think the 'Don't push' artwork was a good idea. I like the variety. I'm always going to get Blufans versions as they are much more superior and with all the different slipcovers out there knocking around we've seen this art before (obviously just not as a steelbook) so if I then had to choose one or the other in terms of WWA I would choose 'Don't push' art over this one.
That being said, I'm getting this too. :LOL:

Does anyone know what time on Black Friday this will go up for pre order on Zavvi? I am on Eastern Standard Time in the US.

Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know what time on Black Friday this will go up for pre order on Zavvi? I am on Eastern Standard Time in the US.

Thanks for any info.

Usually around 1 PM ET but not confirmed for these two titles yet. Keep watching the threads, as the time will be posted here, and if not, you'll at least see a post from someone announcing that the listings are live to pre-order.

• Haha
Reactions: purplebook
Don't really like this one to be honest. Zavvi's exclusive of the first movie was excellent though (even if the lenti was crap)

You will find out at Midnight tonight which steelbook has gone live with the other steelbook going live at 9AM Friday

It will be either Guardians or Thor that goes live at Midnight but not both