Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (4K & 3D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

meaner

Premium Supporter
Dec 19, 2011
Release date: November 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D (Pre-order on Black Friday, November 23)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £26.99 (3D+2D)
Note: Lenticular

11931165-8834622707113180.jpg

11931164-6614622707482888.jpg
11931165-2044622706864837.jpg
11931165-1184622707252638.jpg
11931165-1104622707318263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are mad about a fast dispatch , again are you kidding? I would always want a fast dispatch rather then waiting. If you dont have the funds thinking it will dispatch later is your own fault and if it dispatches this fast that is great!

Why need a warning for it to Dispatch? You should have the funds ready when you place a pre order anyway. Yeah, it’s probably better you decided to save your money on Amazing art work and an excellent dispatch time.
Hard to believe isn't it? i think the problem is people are used to waiting months for so many things to be relased that they think thats normal..well its not, its ridiculous, and its not respectfull to the buyer most of times. I myself am super ultra happy that it was dispached today! the sooner the better :drool: zavvi wins

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Are you kidding me? Poor Artwork, keep telling yourself that in denial! Prices go up and guess what they still selling. They are not badly priced and they still sell. Also, prices go up for many reasons! Havent you noticed nothing as time goes on is as cheap as it use to be for a product or commodity.

You are mad about a fast dispatch , again are you kidding? I would always want a fast dispatch rather then waiting. If you dont have the funds thinking it will dispatch later is your own fault and if it dispatches this fast that is great!

Why need a warning for it to Dispatch? You should have the funds ready when you place a pre order anyway. Yeah, it’s probably better you decided to save your money on Amazing art work and an excellent dispatch time.

: Man I should not order from your store

Store Rep: Why?

: Because you Dispatch too fast without warning.

Store Rep: Sorry sir that we dispatch too fast for you and have it to you in a speedy time. Should we be slow and make you wait for the item.

: :/

Store Rep : Is it because you are broke and didnt realize we will be taking the money now as it is dispatched now..
This looks like a page from one of those kids books where you get sticker sheets to make your own scene, everything is completely disjointed and doesn't flow well at all. Ragnarok is just the Blu Fans release with added Skurge and really weird looking MS paint semi circles to make it just different enough to stop people complaining. Back image on both is much better, and I probably would have bought them if the back and front were reversed, or this had the black and white poster on the front, which would be a much better fit with the lenti release of the first movie. These don't fit with the rest of the line at all, Avengers and Guardians one had group shots but they didn't look like bad collages, the sudden shift in art style is annoying.

I didn't say I was mad about the fast dispatch, it is inconvenient though, nobody expects a preorder to dispatch immediately. It's Black Friday, I've already spent a few hundred pounds elsewhere, and another couple of hundred on steelbooks and collector's editions over the past few weeks, having this sent with no warning would have made me spend more than I had planned. This time of year is expensive enough without surprise bank withdrawals, just because it's there doesn't mean I want to spend it.

Concerning the price increase, as someone else said above, it's about value for money. In my opinion these are priced too high for catalogue releases that I already own in 4K, and the price increase on the 3D version makes it harder to justify paying for something I will never use. I'll just save my money for the rest of the pre Guardians Vol. 2 4K releases that are bound to be on their way soon.

While personnally I'm happy that these have been dispatched so quickly, I do think Zavvi should have made it a bit clearer before these went to live that they were not in fact pre-orders but instead already in stock items.

Generally, I think we all expect the vast majority of steelbook releases when they first go live, to be for pre-order. This time it was go-live and buy now which I didn't expect to be honest, not that it's a problem for me. However, for some people it might have been an issue if they were expecting a regular pre-order.

I think last year with Blade (the only other time I can recall of an instant go-live steelbook and buy now) Zavvi did at least give a heads up that a limited amount would be available immediately. With something like this being so infrequent, it would have been nice for a heads up again somewhere in their martking blurb, unless of course they did and I just missed it.

With a release date of the 26th I wonder if some people were expecting Zavvi to wait at leas a week after the release date to ship.
I don't understand that kind of logic.

With a release date of the 26th I wonder if some people were expecting Zavvi to wait at leas a week after the release date to ship.
I don't understand that kind of logic.

I think it's just a matter of some folks not paying attention to the release date, that's all. In their defense, Zavvi has rarely put up a pre-order so close to the release date which is why it took them by surprise. Had they took note of the release date, they wouldn't have been as surprised, seeing as dispatches usually start a few days prior to the release date, in order for the items to be delivered as close to the said release date as possible, at least in the UK.

You're probably aware of that, but putting it out there for those who are not. :p

It’s not that I personally wasn’t paying attention to the release date. Zavvi stated on Twitter that the release was TBC and there was no mention of them saying ready to be shipped when they made the listing live and a big thing about it on Twitter. I think they were being crafty personally

When do they usually do this, announce, go live and then ship a few hours later. Never

Oh well, both on the way now

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Stygian
Actually I admit I forgot the release date was on Monday as well until shortly after I ordered it. Actually I didn't forget the release date.
I just forgot that it was only 3 days away. :LOL:

Received mine. Next day delivery from Zavvi? Unheard of
Really nice steel and decent lenti but the lack of bossing really lets it down. Big improvement over the original still

Yeah massive improvement. Considering the first is hands down the worst in the lenti range. So bad it’s the only one I don’t own and even sent it back it was so bad.
But the lack of bossing is a let down

From looking at the Pics its looks like the lenti just sits on a flat surface, is that correct?

Is there not an area for it to snuggly fit in?
Nope, not even a debossed frame, just a floater, unfortunately. Big disappointment in that respect. I expect Thor will follow suit as well

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza
From looking at the Pics its looks like the lenti just sits on a flat surface, is that correct?

Is there not an area for it to snuggly fit in?

No. So that is disappointing. I'm not sure what the point of a lenti magnet is without it being framed on the steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza