Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (4K & 3D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

meaner

Premium Supporter
Dec 19, 2011
Release date: November 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D (Pre-order on Black Friday, November 23)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £26.99 (3D+2D)
Note: Lenticular

11931165-8834622707113180.jpg

11931164-6614622707482888.jpg
11931165-2044622706864837.jpg
11931165-1184622707252638.jpg
11931165-1104622707318263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think the lenti on this is great... has some really nice depth to it. It's a huge step up from the Avengers one anyway (the only other Zavvi lenti I have).

Reactions: thewoe
zero finish right?
Right - just like the others in the collection . . .
. . . difference between matte and zero finish is reasonably clear with no sheen on matte:-
Matte ------------------------------------------------------------------- Zero ----------------I --------------------- Zero ----------------------------------------I
1543070019336.png
/
1543071257511.png

Right - just like the others in the collection . . .
. . . difference between matte and zero finish is reasonably clear with no sheen on matte:-
Matte ------------------------------------------------------------------- Zero ----------------I --------------------- Zero ----------------------------------------I
View attachment 403749 / View attachment 403751
thank you!
I didn't say it cause I 'm pretty sure some members would have told me it was matte and that the one owning the item had to know better, even though I was almost 100% sure it was zero finish(a little doubt about fglossy, but it was'nt reflecting things enough for that, I should have realized it
to summarize for some:
matte= nothing reflected
zero = sligtly reflected
glossy = reflected

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Received mine today.

Some real pros and cons. The bad is the obvious with the missing bossing and border and the fact they have increased the prices by a few quid (even more expensive than the original releases) however, the matte finish is the best of the whole zavvi lenti wave (Thor never arrived but I assume it’s the same) and the lenti is the best one they have done (again I assume Thor will be the same). And I love that this doesn’t have that horrible metallic effect that 99% of the range has.

The art for the vol 1 lenti is so bad and the worst of the bunch, I’m just happy they didn’t repeat it with this.

Not sure if anyone has asked this already... Does anyone know what the likely print run on this and Thor Ragnarok for Europe might be?

Got this today. Looks good, but had to pay additional 12,89 EUR for customs and handling...........
so all in all around 45 EUR for a non-premium Steelbook.. fun-o-fun :wtf:

I was thinking about ordering Ragnarok, but with this outlook I'll happily pass. Way too much.
Yeah I am pretty pissed about that.
Ordered Thor 3 and GotG 2 together, Zavvi send them in different packages and I really hope Thor 3 will arrive without the extra costs. Especially because a second package means more handling fees (~5 EUR)

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Why did u have to pay extra ? is this a new thing ?
Zavvi sends from non-EU islands in England therefore you have to pay customs if the customs office pick out your package. That's not new but never had this before. Reading in different Steelbook groups I have the feeling they look more after UK packages in the last couple of month though

Yeah I am pretty pissed about that.
Ordered Thor 3 and GotG 2 together, Zavvi send them in different packages and I really hope Thor 3 will arrive without the extra costs. Especially because a second package means more handling fees (~5 EUR)
I really hope you do. Sometimes a package slips through. Didn't happen for me quite a while though.
The steelbooks are always individually shipped, so that means you get for each steelbook an additional fee of €13 on average.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
I really hope you do.
Thanks
Sometimes a package slips through. Didn't happen for me quite a while though.
The steelbooks are always individually shipped, so that means you get for each steelbook an additional fee of €13 on average.
Oh I didnt know that. Thanks for the info.

Ordered them together on purpose, because I thought I would get one bigger (and safer) package.

Unlike HMV

Unlike w/ HMV, Amazon, Zoom etc. Zavvi only ships items individually (in my experience with them at least).
Never noticed that before, lol. Have to say I think combined shipping would be better. They could offer an extra option for seperated packages but sending every item in a different box is just wrong on so many levels

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Mine arrived today and I am super disappointed! The QC was amazing which would have been a Minty Fresh Steelbook that to me looks amazing, but unfortunately the Zavvi Packing with that next to nothing protection mailer box was crushed enough to where it smushed and bent in the back of the steelbook damaging it.

To Zavvi, your packaging is whack and its time to understand to get with the times and learn how to pack where the steel can never get damaged. I know its possible because I sold many things in my life and everytime I sold something I recieved compliments how well packed it was. I am 100% everytime! So, I know Zavvi can use a better box that needs at least 2 inches of space between the item and shipper box with bubble wrap surrounding it.

Bubble Protection needs to surround the item and then spaced hovering in the center while the shipper box is is spaced sufficiently away from the item.

I honestly sould go to business’s and teach them how to pack cost efficiently. Not one item will ever get damaged during transit if they follow my methods! Thats how confident I am in my packing and passionate packing skills since I always care it gets to someone safely.

In the past I sold off some of my collection due to financial reasons and space, so I know very well about how to pack well with care. The box Zavvi sends it in can only protect so much, but if the corners get crushed in just a little it will push towards the inner rectangle part of the box pushing that in as well. Since there is no bubble wrap or any protection keeping the steel away from being pressed up against the inner sheilded box that will not be enough to protect it and the case in my situation.

The corner of the extended outter box was crushed just enough to crush the inner shield box damaging the steel since the spacing of the box walls are too close to the item and wrong!

I would imagine companies lose more on damaged items versus investing in better packing methods! The reason why I hate ordering things to be delivered.. Just my luck. If I get perfect, flawless QC of course it arrives damaged from delivery and when I have poor QC then the delivery arrives perfect. (SMH)

All shipping companies you are whack and I hope Karma breaks all the CEO of the major shipping companies presents during their transit and that you get coal in your stockings.

And if any of those CEO’s have a Cat I will be making a Cat Burger out of them even though I promised when moving to Earth that I would not eat anymore cats. This time I will make an exception .

Last edited: