Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble there is because the UE edition was showing as sold out and instead of waiting for an update and missing out on the other editions I went and purchased a different edition to what I had intended to buy.

Don’t get me wrong as I am not directly blaming anyone especially as I really appreciate all of the work that goes into hosting these GB,s for collectors and there have been many times that I have joined Cooey,s GB’s otherwise I would not have some of the fantastic editions that have been produced.

When something is showing up as sold out after an hour then you need to make a decision about another edition or miss out completely

Still happy with my purchase but it was not what I had originally intended to get

Speak to @cooey, don't quote me but he may be able to switch your order

Yes. I assume you are new to BluFans? The only way to purchase their release is thru GBs.

Well I can see by the unboxing video that there are 900 of the 1/4 slips.

The only time I purchased something from blufans was when they sold the Avengers Mondo X steelbooks.
I remember there was a launching of a new website and I purchased them direct.
I guess they stopped using that site, I dunno.

So yes, this is my first time buying a premium edition and it's in a group buy.

Well I can see by the unboxing video that there are 900 of the 1/4 slips.

The only time I purchased something from blufans was when they sold the Avengers Mondo X steelbooks.
I remember there was a launching of a new website and I purchased them direct.
I guess they stopped using that site, I dunno.

So yes, this is my first time buying a premium edition and it's in a group buy.
You should visit the BluFans Retailer thread to have a better grasp of how BluFans releases work.

bit annoyed as it begun without much notice.
would been better to announce a date and time and then let everyone find out as people are busy with work and cant keep eye on it.
:(

Speak to @cooey, don't quote me but he may be able to switch your order
Thanks Tommy for the helpful reply as I greatly appreciate all the help and support from the other members on this site.:thumbs:

It is a great online community and I would hate it if sites like this did not exist.

I am happy with my final purchase and I just hope that other collectors who have missed out manage to secure a copy.

I was a late collector to these UE Steelbook’s and was lucky enough to join at a very late date for a left over UE Guardians of the Galaxy 1:)

Love that Steelbook :happy: and can not wait to add this to my collection

Pretty sure the print run is printed on the collectors card in the beauty shot, most say 700 if you zoom in

Thank you for that. I see that now.

So 700 x 3 = 2100 + 900 1/4 slips = 3000 of the steelbooks.

Would that be separate from the OC's? Or does the 700 copies of each of the slips (not including the 1/4 slips) include the copies in the OC box?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how the totals work.

Thanks for your help.

Is there any chance OC + quarter slip will be back in stock if someone ends up not paying the balance? Cause the bonus shoeboxes haven't shipped and they're not just gonna throw them away:whistle:

Thank you for that. I see that now.

So 700 x 3 = 2100 + 900 1/4 slips = 3000 of the steelbooks.

Would that be separate from the OC's? Or does the 700 copies of each of the slips (not including the 1/4 slips) include the copies in the OC box?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how the totals work.

Thanks for your help.

Here is how the Doctor Strange Blufans Print Run was Divided (as usually it is not the same number of copies for each edition)

Doctor Strange: Total Print Run 2100

Double Lenticular Edition: 900
Single Lenticular Edition: 700
1/4 Slip Edition: 500 (reserved only for 1-Click Boxset)

So you can see right away each edition have a different amount of copies made,
that is the norm when doing a WEA Premium Edition Release with multiple editions(from other retailers as well).

So in this case since we know all the 1/4 slips were specifically reserved for the Boxsets, so we know there is 500 Boxsets.

Now we must deduct 500 Double lenticular and 500 Single Lenticular in order to manufacture the 500 Boxsets

Double Lenticular Edition: 900 - 500(for the boxset) = 400 Remaining as loose copies
Single Lenticular Edition: 700 - 500(for the Boxset) = 200 Remaining as loose copies

So we know that there is;

500 Boxsets
400 Double Lenti
200 Single Lenti
--------------------------
Total 2100 Print Run

Hope I did not confuse you even more :wacky:

Last edited:
If anyone cancels single or double lenti please add me.
i hope future GBs are delayed and we are given notice. Those in the UK are at work so not always get chance to check HDN.

Reactions: rall
bit annoyed as it begun without much notice.
would been better to announce a date and time and then let everyone find out as people are busy with work and cant keep eye on it.
:(
Cooey did announce it. About 11 hours ago.
"Ok guys.
Group buys open at 1500 UK time tomorrow (Wednesday 4th October)"

I know that's not days in advance, but there are 3 pages of comments after he announced it, keeping this title at the top of the forums.
There had been rumblings of the GB coming soon, for the past several days. I was checking several times a day.
After the mad rush for Dr. Strange, I wasn't taking any chances. Depending upon what part of the world you are in, that gave you all evening, or all morning to check back here for updates.
I know it sucks to miss out (though sounds like there might be a chance for more), but getting annoyed with the guy who hosts the GB, isn't cool.
Hopefully Cooey can secure some more, and no one misses out.

Last edited:
Cooey did announce it. About 11 hours ago.
"Ok guys.
Group buys open at 1500 UK time tomorrow (Wednesday 4th October)"

I know that's not days in advance, but there are 3 pages of comments after he announced it, keeping this title at he top of the forums.
There had been rumblings of the GB coming soon, for the past several days. I was checking several times a day.
After the mad rush for Dr. Strange, I wasn't taking any chances. Depending upon what part of the world you are in, that gave you all evening, or all morning to check back here for updates.
I know it sucks to miss out (though sounds like there might be a chance for more), but getting annoyed with the guy who hosts the GB, isn't cool.
Hopefully Cooey can secure some more, and no one misses out.

The poor guy can’t win to be honest, it’s either the wrong time for the UK people or it’s the wrong time for the US people or there’s no notice and then when there is notice it’s not a long enough, you literally can’t please everyone but that doesn’t stop them thinking they’re entitled to come and have a moan (and to be frank like any of us care)

Personally I think it’s the individuals responsibility if they want the product to do everything they can to ensure they get it not rely on others to serve it to them with bells and whistles. Literally all anyone needs to do is either subscribe to the thread in question for updates or do what I do and subscribe to the entire GB section so anytime a new thread is created regardless of whether I’m interested in it or not I get emailed telling me about it. If you can’t be bothered to do that then it’s obviously not that important to you in the first place so stop your moaning