Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Discless SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive BP-01) [China]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Group buy: hosted by Wreck Box Set - Double Lenti

53413552639_f03a45c96b_k.jpg53413388353_5a90dad7eb_k.jpg53413552629_d388f591e4_k.jpg53413388363_29de8ae805_k.jpg

Last edited:
Got my set today and in hand a real let down. The box is a lot nicer than expected tbf but none of the slips are really that great (especially the blurry SL which I opened) and the Steelbook in hand just doesn't work. I think the embossed characters which I said from the start was an awful design choice makes the artwork darker and the characters even harder to really see (embossed title is nice though)

Ranking the 3 from the line so far

1st - Doctor Strange 2
2nd - Shang-Chi
3rd - GOTG Vol 3

Think it was @samdavies who said Manta could easily do a better release for this if they do go back to their discless line and I agree

Reactions: milky and samdavies
I think FS is ok here, and DL is very nice and full of colors, I like DL the most here. But I agree on SL lol that one is bad. So dark that you can´t even perceive the depth.

But on the other hand SL Shang Chi is great.

Reactions: milky and tommyh84
Got my set today and in hand a real let down. The box is a lot nicer than expected tbf but none of the slips are really that great (especially the blurry SL which I opened) and the Steelbook in hand just doesn't work. I think the embossed characters which I said from the start was an awful design choice makes the artwork darker and the characters even harder to really see (embossed title is nice though)

1st - Doctor Strange 2
2nd - Shang-Chi
3rd - GOTG Vol 3

Think it was @samdavies who said Manta could easily do a better release for this if they do go back to their discless line and I agree
Agreed. Opened mine today and the box is the best bit lol I've opened the FS, and apart from the front being a touch darker than I'd like, and the rest being bloody silver, not white, I like it.

Also agree the steel doesn't quite work. The characters are too shrouded in darkness for it work well, even though I do like the embossing and the purple colouring. Manta may well do better.

1st - Doctor Strange 2
2nd - Shang-Chi
3rd - GOTG Vol 3

I’m the complete opposite to this take. Although the FS is too dark I think the rest is stunning. Unreal steel, DL and SL. Proper happy with them. DL and steel is my favourite release so far this year for premiums

1.guardians
2.strange
3.shang

Very hard to get the three lentis to cooperate on the picture but I think this is as good as it's going to get.
IMG_20240503_003459846.jpg

Perhaps @Flloydo could supply the three steels side by side pics pretty please since your pics are always awesome. If you already did and I overlooked them I apologize.