Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Discless SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive BP-02) [China]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Group buy: hosted by Wreck on the Ninja Shop Box Set - Double Lenti

53396538243_09a5d54250_k.jpg53396538238_9b088f7179_k.jpg53396663429_76d680e77a_k.jpg53396663434_29eb4767b2_k.jpgIMG_4775.jpeg

Last edited:
So, those with OC’s, whats the census on best edition?
It'll depend on your taste. I like the FS best, because of the poster art used. The finish isn't jaw dropping, but it's nice.

The SL front is better than the DL front, and is technically the main poster (or a section of) for the film, but the art is repeated on the OC and on manta's steel (for those who have it). I'd say it has the best cards and folder too.

The DL, I don't love either image, but they're both decent. The rear is particularly sharp, and has great depth and 3D effect. The booklet and jacket are very nice as well.

OC box is a knockout. Love it. I don't own many OCs, but I'd thoroughly suggest fans to go all in on this one. It's a great set.

It'll depend on your taste. I like the FS best, because of the poster art used. The finish isn't jaw dropping, but it's nice.

The SL front is better than the DL front, and is technically the main poster (or a section of) for the film, but the art is repeated on the OC and on manta's steel (for those who have it). I'd say it has the best cards and folder too.

The DL, I don't love either image, but they're both decent. The rear is particularly sharp, and has great depth and 3D effect. The booklet and jacket are very nice as well.

OC box is a knockout. Love it. I don't own many OCs, but I'd thoroughly suggest fans to go all in on this one. It's a great set.
I happen to like the DL (thankfully as thats the one am waiting on), so nice to know the quality holds up. The FS art I think is awful.
So opposite to your taste it seem :)

Think Infinity War OC was my last BF and a lot has changed since then, so nice to hear the quality is still on form.

Appreciate the in depth reply :)

Reactions: samdavies
I happen to like the DL (thankfully as thats the one am waiting on), so nice to know the quality holds up. The FS art I think is awful.
So opposite to your taste it seem :)

Think Infinity War OC was my last BF and a lot has changed since then, so nice to hear the quality is still on form.

Appreciate the in depth reply :)
Oh don't get me wrong, I do like the DL, and I'm happy with it. The front just isn't ask clear as the rear, and I really love the poster art on the FS, so yes, different tastes! No problem :D

Reactions: yeslek
Oh don't get me wrong, I do like the DL, and I'm happy with it. The front just isn't ask clear as the rear, and I really love the poster art on the FS, so yes, different tastes! No problem :D
That's fair.

To be honest, I tend to display BF rear out as usually, like you, I prefer the rear art over the front (with the few I own) and because it feels backwards to display front out as the steel comes out the 'wrong' side of the slip lol
Minor OCD tendancy there for me maybe.

I love the rear, eye in the hand, art of the first Doctor Strange and the rear of the DL here will look lovely next to it

Reactions: samdavies
no but I see anywhere that people receive it
There are other GB's held outside of HDN so it could be that those have shipped first and Blufans are working through each GB in turn.

I would assume Wreck would update the tracking on the store purchase when shipped (we used to get them PM'd before, but either way we got them as soon as they were shipped)

Reactions: SamG2 and ariba266
What is this current abomination with discless steels? You have to buy the damn movie two times.

What do you mean "two times"? :D

You can buy it only one time.

This blufans, you don´t buy a movie lol. You buy just a collector´s stuff :)

But yeah, I know what you mean and I agree, I don´t like this discless s**t either. But at least this Blufans Premium line looks awesome and high class....unlike that Manta crap from last year......hope they won´t follow this year and terminate their discless line for good

I believe its still the issues with licensing the movie from Disney (I remember Frozen 2 having issues before this recent run of MCU)
So to keep production up on steels, they opt for discless.